The Simple Truths Silver Mine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:44:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 121305 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 18, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »

i don't think so, but it was certainly a more mature decision than the embarrassingly passive-aggressive (not to mention hypocritical) rainbow flag waving we're seeing in 2014
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #451 on: February 20, 2014, 06:11:24 PM »

There are many today leftists that love to moan about Humphrey and Lyndon Johnson; it seems to me that those guys have completely forgotten the well successful domestic policy record of LBJ. Furthermore, LBJ and Humphrey were not really fans of the War of Vietnam and still people see them as the authoritarian guys who want to wage people to war and love bombing vietnam kids. This is just stupid and very unfair to this great President and his very honorable Vice-President that had a beautiful record as Senator and as a fighter of Civil Rights.

Even so, I have a strong feeling that George McGovern is my vote over here. This is for an ideological reason but that doesn't mean that I doubt of Humphrey's Record and his commitment to the progressive cause and his interest on ending the Vietnam War as soon as possible.
Honestly, I picked McGovern because he was a genuinely nice guy, while Humphrey was an asshole during '72 (Read Fear and Loathing to understand)

I will read when I have time, but even so, Humphrey did have a great record. =.

Yeah being a pathetic sycophant for Lyndon Johnson's maniacal warmongering is a great record.

I'll leave it to the master of describing Hubert Humphrey, as always, who says it better than anyone else -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Atlas's Hubert Humphrey adoration is disgusting. He was a shameless hack and sociopath who tried to literally ban the communist party, proudly supported bombing thousands of people to death for political reasons, and stole the Democratic nomination as fascist police gassed protesters in the streets. It's basically the retro #ReadyForHubert.

Yes because apparently the man who pushed for a civil rights plank in the Democratic platform is a "hack" and a "sociopath". Your sudden adoption of True Leftist rhetoric is quite amusing tho' considering your essentially socially liberal centrist ideology,

The man who got the Civil Rights Act passed, Lyndon Johnson, was a merciless criminal who was basically Kevin Spacey in House of Cards, so I'm not sure why someone supporting a decent position makes them a good person. It's possible to support Civil Rights and yet not approve of bombing thousands of people to death for political gain.

It's telling that you consider this "True Leftist" rhetoric.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #452 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »

I've said this before but I would love for Bushie to figure out a way to get on the government's dole permanently so that he wouldn't have to worry about this job nonsense anymore. It really just isn't going to work. Hopefully if he can do that, he can finally focus on the two things in his life that are in dire need of attention: his mental health and his physical health.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #453 on: February 20, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »

Racist or not racist, nobody can deny that the fraternity system unfailingly generates appalling douchebags.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »

2 in a row for Joe

Well, asking for advice on improving your social skills from the Atlas Forum probably isn't a good start.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #455 on: February 22, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »

Imagine Dragons is one of the worst things to happen to music in recent years.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #456 on: February 25, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »

No. Excluding trolls who have been banned and people with intellectual disabilities, he was probably the worst poster on the forum for most of his time here. Good riddance.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #457 on: February 25, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »

Context:

Yes, but the fact he left because a pedophile apologist was banned tempers it somewhat.  If he thinks it was really worth it to put so much on the line for such a character, then perhaps it was for the best, no matter how otherwise respectable he was as a poster.  
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2014, 01:49:49 AM »

The reason I love Mitt Romney is the truly incredible amount of awkward humor and irony that follows him everywhere in life
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »

And before that it was slavery, and before that it was massacre of the Native Americans.... etc etc.  This is so obvious it doesn't need further comment. 
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »

Vladmir Putin doesn't care about international law or the national sovereignty of other countres.

He does what he does simply because he can. And because he thinks he'll get away with it.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »

Vladmir Putin doesn't care about international law or the national sovereignty of other countres.

He does what he does simply because he can. And because he thinks he'll get away with it.
at least you're not an american empty quoting this
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »

Irritation at the excesses of much of the Western media coverage is fine, but I'm sure you can express that without parroting Russian propaganda.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »

It's a pretty damning indictment of this forum that someone being "nice and uncontroversial" is considered a reason not to ignore them.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2014, 04:41:45 PM »

Schatz isn't entitled to the seat because he's an incumbent (especially since he was never elected).
Hanabusa isn't entitled to the seat because Inouye wanted her appointed.

A lot of entitlement all around in this race.

I'm supporting Schatz not because he's entitled to it as an incumbent, but because there is no reason for him as an incumbent to be thrown out by his own party.  Like I said in the Hawaii thread, if someone is getting a primary challenge and hasn't acted in a way that's objectionable, I'm inclined to support the one getting challenged.  In fact, from my perspective it's the Hanabusa supporters who feel like they're entitled to win since the only reasons they're giving people to vote for her are "muh Daniel Inouye" and "muh Senate women."  Well, if we pick our candidates solely on their gender or what a corpse would have wanted, then we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #465 on: March 03, 2014, 01:08:28 PM »

Oh wow, you're even more of a troll than I am.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #466 on: March 07, 2014, 04:39:31 AM »

Yes because of the rise of neoliberalism, the power of the corporatist oligarchy, the dismantling of the New Deal-Great Society consensus etc. etc.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »

Oh definitely Sean Hannity. He's a bigger flipper than Mitt...

2005: "Why are the Democrats so against national security? They want to repeal the Patriot Act, I mean we've got the Patriot Act, we've got the NSA. We're safer and it's ridiculous to question the use of these programs."

2013: "Big Brother is watching you! The NSA is SPYING on you and Obama is violating the 4th Amendment!!!!!"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2014, 01:07:48 PM »

Inks, we don't care whether you're a moderator, or a hobo. You don't get to talk s**t about Russ Powers, got it?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #469 on: March 07, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »

Innocent until proven guilty, but only confirms what we knew - Alan Grayson is an asshole.

If he is innocent, how does this confirm him being an asshole?

Because he thinks he's guilty.

I am sure Democrats will hold Mr. Grayson accountable, just like they did Bill Clinton, Jessie Jackson, John Edwards, and other public figures.

If you actually think adultery is the moral equivalent of domestic abuse, then you are the disgusting, morally bankrupt POS.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #470 on: March 07, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »

I suppose that I'd give the Smashing Pumpkins credit for most of what is usually attributed to Nirvana. Siamese Dream achieved everything that Nirvana ever attempted, and pulled off the entire act far more successfully.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #471 on: March 08, 2014, 10:43:46 AM »

Pat Buchanan as president would be like an American version of Franco's Spain or Portugal under Estado Novo.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #472 on: March 08, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »

Joke poll, but this seat isn't in contention, no matter how much Politico thinks it is.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #473 on: March 08, 2014, 07:48:32 PM »

I'm legitimately surprised that the OP didn't include a link to a pop punk or post-hardcore cover of the song.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #474 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:13 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies