The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:27:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 120640 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 30, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »

By that logic, we might as well go George Carlin...

We don't have any rights.  What the hell is a "right"?

Oh, you mean that social contract we're forced to sign at the point of a gun (well, if you refuse to sign it enough times.. guns come into it eventually) that gives us certain privileges that are just as easily taken away when push comes to shove?

You don't have rights.  I don't have rights.  Nobody has rights.  We have crutches that we cling to during the in between times when things aren't so bad that the government hasn't decided to throw them away yet.

And if they do it enough, then people get guns and force the government to sign a new social contract.

Such is life!
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 04:34:06 AM »

People pretend that the supreme court have any kind of moral or judicial authority, when all it is; is a bunch political appointed hacks, who was able to brown-nose and lie themselves through the Senate hearings.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

Good lord, this forum has become such a collection of little old ladies.  What is wrong with you guys?  Can't bear anyone who is the slightest bit different from you.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »

Tough to choose between this thread and the Sulfur Mine in regards to where this belongs but

As an insufferable internet sexist and bigot, memphis has no high ground from which to find anybody else insufferable, except maybe somebody like Cory.
this thread is for posts that are short but nonetheless manage to communicate big truthstm, not butthurt
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

Anything that has to do with "sending a message."
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »

Can someone please explain to me why muffy can't just start an Update blog on whatever service?
I'm still hoping for a boycott.  Morons on the left love a good boycott, the Updaters seem to be made almost entirely of left leaning morons, it's a perfect fit.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

that's a good one. also credit where credit is due

Gorbachev was hilariously incompetent. How is he getting so many votes?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

Except that there's no reason to believe that Obamacare is intended as any kind of stepping stone. If it was, it would have been designed quite differently.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »

jesus h christ this thread is even more dull than i expected. virtually nothing surprising or of note here
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »

jesus h christ this thread is even more dull than i expected. virtually nothing surprising or of note here

The truth isn't supposed to be surprising, is it?  Smiley
people posting things that seem 'out of character' or surprise you that they approved of is a nice thing. people with predictable or 'correct' responses to everything are the worst kinds of bores and dullards. i rarely agree with waltermitty... but at least you can't say that of him. that automatically makes him a better poster than most of this board
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

Same Love is awful and that performance was self-congratulatory masturbation. I can't imagine what sort of person would let their wedding be a prop for the recording industry to show how progressive they are.

This times x1000. Macklemore's shameless pandering (plus instagramming his text to Kendrick) is horrendously embarrassing. I'm glad hip hop has some douchey white guy with terrible flow and worse lyrics to tell everyone about gay rights.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

Are we really advocating banning people because they happen to believe in a pretty extreme form of capitalism? Krazen can be pretty nasty but so can a ton of posters from the other 'side' and I don't see any calls for people who regularly call for the return of the guillotine to be banned.

That isn't why we're advocating for krazen to be banned. He obviously doesn't care about capitalism or Adam Smith or adhere to the Austrian school of economics. He cares about "moochers" and lazy people, with the obvious implication that he is slandering people on racial grounds. I've heard this language time and time again from racists, it's an obvious red flag.

Even if can just as easily be applied to people who are "white trash" does not make it okay. I think the only reason why people are defending krazen is due to the fact that the hatred of white poors is considered okay on this forum.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »

It's Sanchez, but still, credit where it's due:

The brutal silencing of enemies of the regime--not even for violations of the TOS--sets an awful precedent which will surely spiral into more executions of those who displease the powerful. I fear for my own survival on this forum.
This post is so awful that it makes me fear your survival.

The real irony is that Sanchez often writes awful posts and he doesn't seem to be worried about his own survival.
Not really, because my horrible posts fit the political nature of a privately owned political site, as well as reflecting my horribly distorted Randist vision of the real world. Snowstalker, on the other hand, sages on about how this website has become some horrible dictatorship, because he has confused Atlas Forum for reality.

Self-awareness of being terrible doesn't make it better. It makes it worse.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »

yes i'm a nationalist, and a syndicalist. i'm glad you can read
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »

A shell of itself compared to when I joined nearly ten years ago (The Golden Era). Seriously, the brats around here have no idea what they missed. I remember the genuine excitement and classic characters of this place from 2004-2007ish. Those were the days.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 09:19:07 PM »

Vladmir Putin doesn't care about international law or the national sovereignty of other countres.

He does what he does simply because he can. And because he thinks he'll get away with it.
at least you're not an american empty quoting this
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »

Clearly Flo should choose better people to associate with.

As I recall your claim wasn't that this culture was non-pervasive or distant from your own experience, it was that it was nonexistent.

Also, it can be really hard to avoid some of these assholes, even if you want to.

The former claim is exactly what I mean when I say that "rape culture is not a thing". In that "rape culture" as I generally see it used implies some kind of pervasive, sweeping indictment of society as a whole as opposed to the shocking revelation that misogyny unfortunately exists.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »

it is okay guys, it isn't as if rape culture exists or anything...

This has to stop.

Not only is it a stupid and cheap point to keep trying to make and doesn't lead to any engaging discussion, it doesn't matter in practical terms whether "rape culture" actually exists or not, and actively makes it harder to raise awareness about sexual assault and stop actual rapists.

The Rape Abuse Incest National Network is the largest organization in the country dedicated to stomping out sexual assault and lending support to victims, and in a recent 16-page report to the White House about what the government and other organizations around the country can do to reduce sexual assault and bring rapists to justice actively discouraged use of this stupid f**king term. Why? Because it doesn't help accomplish anything and in fact does the exact opposite.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

By obsessively and snarkily beating the term "rape culture" over people's heads, you are blaming and shaming innocent men (and women) who are more likely than not to be receptive to sexual assault prevention messages, and turning communities against you in the process because of the insistence on placing blame on nebulous entities instead of the actual perpetrators of sexual crimes.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »

Just want to pop in to point out how funny it is that all the liberals are bending over backwards in this thread to oppose the execution of persons who literally exist for the sole purpose of getting people addicted to their product and then holding that over said person for cash. There's certainly a difference between a low-level Cannabis dealer looking for quick cash and a big time heroin smuggler, and that's something we should recognize, but to say that the latter isn't anything other than a disgusting parasite that thrives upon (and preys upon) those who need a fix is pretty insane.

Then again, I guess that should really come as no surprise, given that liberals support capitalism, which is the same kind of parasitism on a massive scale. Like drug dealers, capitalists create "needs" that only they can fulfill, and coincidentally just happen to make them filthy f[inks]ing rich.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »

Does anybody care to take on the pro- infant circumcision cause, even just for the sake of playing devil's advocate? Freedom of religion perhaps? Although it is uncommon today, we are all aware that religious rituals have included throwing live people into volcanoes? Should that action also be condoned and all discussion thereof "prohibited" so as not to hurt the feelings of believers? The blind deference and outight suspension of reason in otherwise intelligent and thoughtful people is both baffling and disheartening.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »

Honestly, it boggles my mind that most of the blue avatars on this site are willing to identify as Republicans. When you have to apologize for your party as much as you do, why do you even bother?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »

I'm not sure how any adult with an ounce of self-respect can still be a Republican at this point. What an embarrassment.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »

You have a habit of reading what you want to read into things rather than addressing the actual content of my post. Nowhere did I say that 'white people can have opinions about black people as long as they agree with me,' I said that white people shouldn't condemn black people organizing for their own self-defense or liberation in their own organizations and adopting tactics that they, as an oppressed people, feel are the right ones.

Understanding black poverty in America is not the same as understanding the social relations that make black poverty (and white poverty, Latino poverty, etc) a reality. I can 'understand' the plot details of a book or a movie from a wikipedia article without actually having read it, studied it, looked into it, researched it, lived it, etc. without actually having a real feel of why the book was written or produced, what factors contributed to it being written or produced, and how it was written or produced.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »

I love it when Atlas posters have encounters with black people! They never know how to act, and the fear of saying the wrong thing both to the black people in the moment and to the internet white people about the experience afterward is the sort of awkward that has come to define comedy over the past few decades. I wish the real Update could have explored this more in the most recent call center. Some of you guys should visit Memphis. Our meteo has the highest percentage of the blacks of all American metros over 1 millon people. My town could use more comedy.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies