NE3: New York Agreement for a Northeastern Independence Referendum (passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:29:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE3: New York Agreement for a Northeastern Independence Referendum (passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE3: New York Agreement for a Northeastern Independence Referendum (passed)  (Read 1074 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 30, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »

I fully and absolutely support sending it to referendum at the minimum. I guess my only question is, Do we want to wait till mid October? Hey, October will be here before you know it, so that's fine, but will there be a debate in the interim? We should have time to have a fairly exhaustive one if so.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:13:47 PM »

Upon further consideration, the proposed date is fine. We do need time to have some communication about this. Also, when reform attempts fail they often end up with a stigma attached to them, like consolidation and so on - "Oh, that won't work."

I think Independent regions and/or a dissolved federal government should be seriously considered - it would make reform easier and yeah, it would increase the importance of what goes on regionally. Regions as part of a federal structure will always be viewed as a kind of minor league system, so that conversation needs to be had.

IV.4 calls the regions autonomous, and I see nothing that would prohibit a region from going independent or leaving.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 03:35:05 PM »

Yes.

I respect the work Clyde has done here, and I think a couple of things about this as I mentioned before:

We need to send this to referendum as a serious reform possibility, and we need to have a conversation about it. I'm making plans to do that via the Gazette, and certainly other polls and conversations about it would be great. Independent regions would presumably be able to retain talent instead of bleeding it to the federal government, so that what they do is actually important - at least that resonated with me when a few people pitched it to me.

We generally need to think about increasing regional powers (which would be fantastic alongside consolidation, for instance) as one method to getting out of this funk Atlasia is in if regions do not go independent.

So let's have the debate!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies