Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 114998 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »

Between Tuesday and yesterday I only slept 6 hours in a 58-hour time span.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2017, 01:39:23 AM »

My air conditioner has been broken for three days, and it's in the 90s outside

Just get a fan.

Easy for someone in Massachusetts to say- everyone has AC in Tennessee

I live in Los Angeles, and spend all my summers in Southern Italy. Just get a fan.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »

My air conditioner has been broken for three days, and it's in the 90s outside

Just get a fan.

Easy for someone in Massachusetts to say- everyone has AC in Tennessee

I live in Los Angeles, and spend all my summers in Southern Italy. Just get a fan.

I still have my "Cooling and Heating Load Calculation Manual" from college.

For Naples, Italy, the 2.5% Design Dry-Bulb is 88oF and the Design Wet-Bulb is 73o.  For Memphis, Tennessee, the comparable numbers are 95o and 79o.

It's always cute when Europeans refer to Italy as someplace hot, but Memphis is both considerably warmer and considerably more humid, and that's hardly the most extreme part of the U.S.

And as for L.A., I'm not sure how to respond, since California has so many microclimates.  Choosing Pasadena as someplace average, the comparable numbers are 95o and 71o, so Pasadena gets as hot as Memphis, but it is far, far less humid.

Not sure if that matters, but I'm way South of Naples.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

Finally decided to try convincing the folks to let me "switch teams" again. Maybe I wasn't so clear in my coming-out essays, so this one will be a little more obvious. I am prepared for disappointment, but hoping to be surprised. The only problem is that I don't know what to say.

Best luck.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »

I usually don't post about personal things anymore but I need to get this off my chest.

I got home from visiting my grandmother just a few minutes ago. Because I'm returning to college on Sunday, this may have been my last opportunity to see her at least until November/December. She is not in good shape. She lives alone in a house (with two cats, whose fur is matted from months of going without grooming because my grandmother is simply not in the condition to take them) and part of the reason my mother and I visited was so my mom could refill her pills. She takes 8 pills a day. She's confused and forgetful. She doesn't eat or drink anything other than soda or iced tea. She smokes all day. She doesn't look good. She can hardly walk. She's not in good shape at all.

This is the first time I've been confronted with the reality that she may die soon. I've always been closer to her than I ever was to anyone else in my family, including my parents. I've made so many wonderful memories with her, and even though she's a stubborn, Catholic, conservative Irish New Yorker, she has always been my best friend. I don't know how I'm supposed to cope with the fact that she doesn't have long, but I can't imagine how bad it will be when she actually does die. It's going to sound horrible, but part of me hopes she dies while I'm at college so I don't have to be home when I hear my mom when she first finds out. Part of me hopes she dies before she gets really bad, to the point that she can't walk or needs to be hospitalized for an extended amount or time or something. I just don't know what to think, but I'm very depressed right now.

I've been there. Best wishes.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »

i did a thing

have fun identifying who's who

Is that me on the far-left middle? Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

Anyone ever wonder when was the last time Jimmy and Rosylynn Carter did the do? I'm guessing 1991.

what the christ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies