Official Discussion Thread for Tonight's GOP Presidential Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:42:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Discussion Thread for Tonight's GOP Presidential Debate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Author Topic: Official Discussion Thread for Tonight's GOP Presidential Debate  (Read 30936 times)
Wonkish1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
« edited: October 13, 2011, 08:15:01 AM by Wonkish1 »

Ron Paul didn't attack the Fed before 2008? What planet do you live on? I wasn't a Paul supporter then (McCain) and I still knew he did. New was buddy buddy with him during the debate, after the debate (they were talking), and he mentioned Paul later on, when there were a bunch of Paul signs behind him.

Of course he has and did. Not to many people were vocally opposed to the Feds lowering of the FFR in 07. At that time I wasn't really seeing Paul making a big deal out of it. At that time he was just generally against the Fed he wasn't screaming that the Feds decision to cut base rates was a serious mistake(although he probably did personally worry more about it he just wasn't saying it publicly). The first elected individual I remember criticizing the Fed's decision to cut base rates before the crash happened was Coleman. Just making a point.

Just saying that it isn't just libertarians that have criticized fed policy. The Reagan administration made it very clear to Chairman Volcker in the 80s that if he cut rates prematurely they were going to oust him. So don't think that the libertarian party owns stable monetary policy. There are many conservatives including myself that feel the same way.
Wonkish1

« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2011, 08:15:39 AM by Wonkish1 »

First of all, Conservative. Rudy Giuliuani, John McCain, and George Bush are not Conservative, neither is Norm Coleman. They are Neocons, which only has the last part of the name in common. Ron Paul has been on the FED for 30 years now. Gingrich has a record that is to be admired, and he is my 2nd choice behind Paul,  for that. If your a Neoconservative, come out and say it.

Rudy is and Norm were and are fiscal conservatives. They aren't "NeoCons" even though Rudy did make a lot of his campaign about 9/11 for obvious reasons.

I never said that Ron Paul wasn't on the Fed issue for 30 years. Just saying that it was Norm not him that first criticized the FFR reduction before the crash. I don't mean to take away any of Ron Paul's strength on the issue just to point out that there are conservatives that care and have cared about this issue for a long time.

And I never really understood the "NeoCon" obsession. If you want to know what I am in a nutshell, I'm a reform conservative(aka Rebel Republican) that has some libertarian tendencies.
Wonkish1

« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:28 AM »

Really you sure about that?
Wonkish1

« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »

huh? Neoconservatism was an approach to domestic policy before it was an approach to international relations.

No it wasn't!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »

huh? Neoconservatism was an approach to domestic policy before it was an approach to international relations.

No it wasn't!

yes, it was.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies