Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:02:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11903 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 18, 2012, 05:36:57 PM »

My brothers,

After the most recent inappropriate act by Moderator Inks, we have scored yet another victory...

As of now, I recuse myself from any moderation duties for the next 7 days, or until such a time that Dave and/or Nym makes a comment on the incident, whichever comes sooner.

Final victory isn't far off.

he's resigned before in an anxiety fit only to promptly return.  lest we count chickens.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »

If you want to fix things, you don't need to remove a competent moderator- just get rid of this broken system.   

And pray tell how could we do that?  As far as I can tell we have no power to do anything, and in fact even our complaints about it are only tolerated by authority's whim.

more to the point, kicking Inks to the curb would have serious symbolic potency and thus be a stepping stone towards the goal of (replacing) "this broken system"
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »

I find it really amusing how you keep crying over this. It's a forum. Does it really matter to you this much? Go start a forum of your own.

I'm an Atlasian Exceptionalist.  I believe that this is more than a forum, it's The Forum. greater than the sum of its parts.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:29 AM »

And pray tell how could we do that?  As far as I can tell we have no power to do anything, and in fact even our complaints about it are only tolerated by authority's whim.

more to the point, kicking Inks to the curb would have serious symbolic potency and thus be a stepping stone towards the goal of (replacing) "this broken system"

Yes, I'm all for it, though I certainly - due to the opacity of the system - have no idea whether he is 'particularly bad'.

he's bad at being bad.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »

purely spontaneous.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:47:47 AM »

excuse me?  you have no authority to act in your capacity as a moderator outside the confines of the TOS.  it is your job to enforce the ToS, PERIOD.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »

excuse me?  you have no authority to act in your capacity as a moderator outside the confines of the TOS.  it is your job to enforce the ToS, PERIOD.

And I have admitted that locking the thread was a mistake.

this does not absolve you of further sanction.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »

I suspect some would become quite unpopular as they allow chaos to ensue per a laissez faire approach

this is total fearmongering nonsense.  the Forum existed for YEARS with almost NO moderation.  the Moderation system doesn't prevent anything at all, it creates controversy and is nothing but its own structure of power imposed from outside on the Forum.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

I suspect some would become quite unpopular as they allow chaos to ensue per a laissez faire approach

this is total fearmongering nonsense.  the Forum existed for YEARS with almost NO moderation.  the Moderation system doesn't prevent anything at all, it creates controversy and is nothing but its own structure of power imposed from outside on the Forum.

So since you think ALL moderators(tion) is bad, why should anyone care if you think Inks is a bad mod?

that's up to them, no?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?

"Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported."
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=108009.msg2297721#msg2297721
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »

Of course it is, but you must admit antipathy to moderation of any kind makes your criticism of Inks decidedly less credible. It's like listening to an anarchist complain about their state's current governor--wholly expected, but proving little.

you're forgetting something very important -- this world looks very different to the non-Moderator than it does to the Moderator.  from your pedestal Inks' "goofs" and blunders are just that.. but down here, where we bear the brunt, where we are the whipping boys who get punished for such goofs, the reality is much different.

consider this -- the Mods collectively have in their hands my account, my membership on this website that I've been much more than an auxiliary character since I was twelve years old.  Inks' "goofs" earn him some crossfire, but my "goofs" and the goofs of the rest of the non-Moderator crown threaten our very membership on this website.  

nobody is sacred to you guys: see jmfcst, who spent TEN YEARS here and did more for this site than anyone on the Mod team (save perhaps Al) ever has, gets whisked away.  it's something very important to him on a personal level, otherwise he wouldn't repeatedly break back in.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

moral of the story is you're screwing with people's lives.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:18 PM »

lol, I explained directly above.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:39 PM »

OK, but when some internet forum became so important for you that's not good. And it shouldn't be encouraged.

there are better things and there are worse things.  I see nothing in the Terms of Service requiring members not to prioritize uselectionatlas.org too highly in their lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies