GOP Congressman, who pressured his patient & mistress to abortion, is... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:17:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP Congressman, who pressured his patient & mistress to abortion, is... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Congressman, who pressured his patient & mistress to abortion, is...  (Read 1343 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »

As much as I would love a new (D) Congressman from my homestate, it would make no sense for a Republican to dump him in the general just for being a bad person. Smart people vote on policy. Especially in the House where there are so many members, personality makes no difference.

You don't think a very basic standard of ethics is a prerequisite to holding a public position?

Or at the very least, holding yourself to the same standards you want to use the letter of the law to impose on others?
We choose members of Congress to vote for us in Washington. If a member is a nice person, that's great, and it's a factor in a primary election, where there's often not a lot a real difference between candidates,  but at the end of the day, it's not all that important to the job. I certainly wouldn't support a candidate whose views are different than mine just to make some statement. This is not about who gets to be Prom King. It's about whose vision for America is best.

I certainly wouldn't support an abominable hypocrite just to make some statement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies