How could any decent person vote trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:39:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How could any decent person vote trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How could any decent person vote trump?  (Read 3767 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 02, 2016, 12:17:54 PM »

There is no more place for decency in presidential politics. Eight years of Bill Clinton saw to that.

I don't blame Bill Clinton for all of this.  Both Bushes bear responsibility for this as well.

Millions of decent folks are going to vote for Donald Trump.  Millions of decent folks are going to vote for Hillary Clinton.  Those who can't see that have taken self-righteousness to new levels.  Either that, or they're too young and immature to know their snot from their turds.

If you are voting for a fascist, you aren't a decent person.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »

There is no more place for decency in presidential politics. Eight years of Bill Clinton saw to that.

I don't blame Bill Clinton for all of this.  Both Bushes bear responsibility for this as well.

Millions of decent folks are going to vote for Donald Trump.  Millions of decent folks are going to vote for Hillary Clinton.  Those who can't see that have taken self-righteousness to new levels.  Either that, or they're too young and immature to know their snot from their turds.
Another lefty who thinks they're in any position to judge decency.
As for 'fascist' is that all you lefties bleat? Someone says something you don't like and its the non stop bleating of "fascist", "nazi" "racist" "sexist" etc etc etc

So if I can just summarize this thread

Who knows what the unstable orangutan will do when he gets in office? Nuke China because he lost a twitter war at 3 in the morning?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »

Another lefty who thinks they're in any position to judge decency.", "nazi" "racist" "sexist" etc etc etc

As for 'fascist' is that all you lefties bleat? Someone says something you don't like and its the non stop bleating of "fascistSo if I can just summarize this thread

Let me help you with some of this. If Sbane were British, he would probably be a Tory. And yes, Trump does have fascist tendencies. The starting point for that, is his contempt for the system of checks and balances in the U.S. (and in particular, his contempt for the courts), attended by extreme nationalistic rhetoric (think about his lashing out at "the other" as the source for so much of what ails America).  Sound familiar?

Maybe Libdem but I am certainly not a lefty.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »

Look at the campaign he ran and look at what Trump is running. I don't have problems with Trump because of what happened 16 years ago. In addition, I wanted BJP in power more than anything else. As far as I can see, things are going well. India's economy is better and so are its foreign relations.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 12:50:54 AM »

Look at the campaign he ran and look at what Trump is running. I don't have problems with Trump because of what happened 16 years ago. In addition, I wanted BJP in power more than anything else. As far as I can see, things are going well. India's economy is better and so are its foreign relations.

I'm sure being involved in, and not handling, and being involved in state terrorism in Gujurat (by having rioters attack Muslim houses under order from the administration), matters somewhat, and somewhat more than Trump's idiotic statements. Let us be reminded he was denied entry into the US, until his primeministership.

Also, I'm sure inciting a war against Pakistan is great foreign policy, as well as his disastrous policies in Nepal, which has crippled the country's economy, and has ruined alliances between India and Nepal, all so India can interfere in other countries, well at least foreign relations between India and it's neighboring nations are horrible, as well as country's perceptions of Modi in neighboring asian countries.

First of all, he was denied entry into the United States because the Bush Administration wanted to show they cared about muslim people being oppressed due to their religion, not just Christians. That ban was lifted after his election and relations between the US, including President Obama and members of both sides of the aisle, and the Modi government have been good. Modi doesn't want to close off India from the rest of the world, but wants to be a part of it.

As for starting war with Pakistan, you must be off your rockers. So should India just sit back and tolerate every single terrorist attack that happens in India? Why? Why are the rules different for India? And it's not as if India is attacking Lahore or Karachi because some terrorists in Pakistan attacked India's troops. They are targeting those terrorists themselves, even if they are hiding behind Pakistan's borders. Please explain to me what is wrong with that? Should the US have not got Bin Laden because Pakistan was protecting him?

You have a point that India should not be meddling in Nepal's affairs, even if Nepal isn't being fair to the demands of the Madheshis. That wouldn't make India any different from Pakistan. With the difference being India doesn't engage in state sponsored terrorism to get it's way.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies