Opinion of the Fat Acceptance Movement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:54:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of the Fat Acceptance Movement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Fat Acceptance Movement
FFs

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Opinion of the Fat Acceptance Movement  (Read 1893 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: October 30, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

Kind of dumb, but the people who religiously attack fat people on an individual level as opposed to as a societal problem are morons and normally, weirdly enough, no less unhealthy than your average fatty.

Obviously counteracting obesity is an important target but it should be focused on reducing childhood obesity/regulating foodstuffs/better urban planning/reduced junk food advertising not targeting existing fat.

The latter need to focus on their health rather than beauty standards, and suggestions that "just losing weight" will increase their health will go disasterously wrong, and invariably attracts a variety of spivs in the fad diet, cosmetic surgery, diet pill, food and exercise industries like weightwatches which I'm convinced is a scam.

One of the worst culprits is the food industry, especially confectioners and fast food outlets who now routinely healthwash their products by sponsoring sports events; which is like somebody removing your leg with a hacksaw and then handing you a few bandaids to stem the bleeding.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »

Maybe things are different in Nebraska, deadman Smiley

authoritarian? I call it treating the cause rather than the symptom (which is spend more money on obese people or ludicrous measures like "fat tax". In my mind that's the more ... scientific solution to a clear societal issue.

And I like freedom as much as the next person, but I'm not going to start crying because cigarette companies can't advertise their wares to kids or food companies can't fill every good with trans fats... Does that make me basically Mussolini?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 01:34:29 AM »

You know, restrictions on targeting junk to children, clear labelling rules, sugar taxation (we tax all other drugs, why not that poison?), rejigging farming subsidies to remove perverse incentives to overproduce high fructose syrup, ban and restrict fizzy drinks and junk foods being sold in schools, workforce rules to limit people being chained to desks all day etc. etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies