6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 40194 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »

Early results from SC indicate:

Gov (R): Niiki wins, but will face a runoff against either Barrett or McMaster, Barrett leads McMaster, but a lot of the early returns are from his district

Gov. (D): Sheheen wins, but too soon to tell if he will face Rex in a runoff

Lt. Gov. (R): Kitzman loses, but too soon to see which of the other three advance to the runoff

Att. Gen. (R):  Lord/Wilson runoff looks probable but isn't certain.  Way too soon to say whether Lord or Wilson wins round 1.

Comp. Gen. (R): Eckstrom wins handily

Supt. of Ed. (R): Zais will win, but too early to see who he'll face in the runoff other than it won't be Price

Supt. of Ed. (D): Holleman wins

Treas. (R): Loftis defeats the incumbent Chellis

U.S. House 1 (R): too few returns to call, tho it looks like Scott will make the runoff.

U.S. House 3 (R): too few returns to call, tho early returns suggest a Duncan/Grimaud runoff

U.S. House 4 (R): too few returns to call, while it looks like Gowdy is crushing Inglis, the sparse early returns are from Spartanburg where he would be expected to do better.

Senate (D): close race

SC House 39 (R): no results in yet
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »

AP called VA-11 for Fimian. Since VA-08 is as you say worthless, I am exiting the VA AP and SOS pages to make room for NJ and ME.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »

Murray is pulling ahead anyway, so unless Falls Church went incredibly strong for Berry, Murray should win.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »

SC Gov. (D): Sheheen is now at 58%, with Rex at 23% and Ford at 19%.  Even if Rex does make the runoff now, I'd expect him to concede.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2010, 07:26:49 PM »

Sheheen is doing amazingly well. I'm surprised.

Graves called in GA-09. Hawkins only wins two counties.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »

SC House 13 (R)Sad With 9 of 29 precincts in, Griffin leads the incumbent Pinson 51-49.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

ME and NJ have been closed for 30 minutes and still nothing.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »

There are a few precincts reporting in NJ. Runyan is up 64-36 in NJ-03.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2010, 07:33:12 PM »

US House SC-1 (R):  Looks like Scott will be facing either Campbell or Thurmond in the runoff.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »

There are a few precincts reporting in NJ. Runyan is up 64-36 in NJ-03.

Yea, just saw that. Still nothing in ME though. I am more interested in the ME Governor's race, especially the GOP primary.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »

Kind of makes me a little sick to my stomach, since I'm a 'Boys fan, but he is much better than the alternative and Adler.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2010, 07:41:55 PM »

ME is going to take some time. Most areas are still handcounted, and because it is down at the town rather than the county level, they tend to come in batches. That said, the primaries on both sides are complete messes.

The GOP one is, as usual in Maine, the most important one. For all the talk of Maine being a blue state, moderate Republicans almost always beat liberal Democrats, and generally have a leg up on moderate ones. On the other hand, creationist crazies tend to go down in flames quite spectacularly. Peter Mills almost certanly would have won the general had he won the primary in 2006, and either he or Steve Abbott would be favorites if they pull through tonight. Les Otten has money, but self-funders have not done well in the state recently, and he has moved somewhat to the right in the primary. Paul LePage would be creamed in Portland and Cumberland county. Of the others, not quite worth going through them

In terms of support, Mills will have most of the liberals, at least those who vote in the GOP primary. Abbott is the candidate of the Collins machine, Otten, the candidate of those unhappy with it. LePage represents the tea Party movement, which is odd because he has been a fairly liberal mayor of a college/factory town.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2010, 07:44:10 PM »

Runyon up 57-43 with 67/508 in (all from Ocean County).
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

US House SC-3:  Duncan should make the runoff, but it's too early to tell if Cash, Grimaud, or Rice will be his opponent

US House SC-4: Inglis is leading in Greenville County but Gowdy is crushing him in Spartanburg.  Expect a runoff between those two, and unless something unexpected happens for Gowdy to win it.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »

Early precincts show an underwhelming lead for Lance, but plenty given his fractured opposition. He's up 57-25.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »

ME is going to take some time. Most areas are still handcounted, and because it is down at the town rather than the county level, they tend to come in batches. That said, the primaries on both sides are complete messes.

The GOP one is, as usual in Maine, the most important one. For all the talk of Maine being a blue state, moderate Republicans almost always beat liberal Democrats, and generally have a leg up on moderate ones. On the other hand, creationist crazies tend to go down in flames quite spectacularly. Peter Mills almost certanly would have won the general had he won the primary in 2006, and either he or Steve Abbott would be favorites if they pull through tonight. Les Otten has money, but self-funders have not done well in the state recently, and he has moved somewhat to the right in the primary. Paul LePage would be creamed in Portland and Cumberland county. Of the others, not quite worth going through them

In terms of support, Mills will have most of the liberals, at least those who vote in the GOP primary. Abbott is the candidate of the Collins machine, Otten, the candidate of those unhappy with it. LePage represents the tea Party movement, which is odd because he has been a fairly liberal mayor of a college/factory town.

I still think Abbott should have ran for ME-01, where he would be the favorite in the primary and have had decent shot at beating Pingree. I am hoping Mills pulls it through though him or Abbott would probably win the general. I think Otten might even have a chance but less of one then Mills or Abbott.

Results starting to trickle in from AR. Lincoln up 53-47. She was up 57-43, you can see where this is going.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »

I may have written Bolchoz off too soon in the Att. Gen. race.  While Wilson looks fairly solid to make te runoff, Bolchoz might be able to overtake Lord.

In the Lt. Gov. race it's shaping up to be an Ard/Connor runoff.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »

Haley at 48%, can she pull it off tonight?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »

She fell back to 46%, this is going to get interesting as well.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »

Lincoln-Halter is early voting numbers, right?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »

Alvin Greene, the nobody, is beating Vic Rawls, the somebody (Charleston County Councilor, I believe), for the Democratic Senate nomination. This is possibly more pathetic than when the quasi-libertarian guy won the nomination in 2008.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »

LePage at 67% in ME. Only a dozen votes so it like won't last.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2010, 08:00:26 PM »

Not seeing anything surprising so far, except Rigell underperformed a lot IMO
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »

Not seeing anything surprising so far, except Rigell underperformed a lot IMO

No kidding. I couldn't get away from his mailers and TV ads, and got nothing but a flyer stuck in my door one day for Scott Taylor. The only thing any of the other candidates did was put up a crapload of signs, which is easy for a Republican to do in Virginia Beach.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

Haley at 48%, can she pull it off tonight?

Doubtful, though she may do well enough to cause the other three to concede and avoid a runoff.  (Note: Under SC law, it is not enough for whoever comes in second to concede, all three need to concede.  I recall one time the fourth place finisher forced a runoff because he wouldn't concede.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies