Most liberal state on social issues? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:21:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most liberal state on social issues? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal state on social issues?  (Read 5094 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 16, 2017, 03:43:42 AM »

Massachusetts is a state where most people generally jump through all the right socially liberal hoops in answers to surveys and to an extent in social interactions, but where we aren't entirely on board with things like assisted suicide and for a state as Atlas red as we are have relatively-less-lax abortion laws. The Catholic Church's moral authority here has taken some (in the case of the Archdiocese of Boston hierarchy in particular richly deserved) death blows, but has yet to quite finish bleeding out. We're unique in not really having any issue we're "socially conservative on"--California has the death penalty, Vermont has guns but as Figueira points out not really--but there are limits to how socially liberal we'll go on some issues. I'd say Massachusetts is the most socially liberal in an image-conscious bobo way and Vermont is the most socially liberal in a true believer way. (I honestly prefer the ethos of Vermont, even though I'm not crazy about some of the policy outcomes.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies