The absentee/early vote thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:09:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The absentee/early vote thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The absentee/early vote thread  (Read 172187 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: September 12, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »

Why not the direct link?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »

obviously millions and millions of cross-voter trump voters.
I wouldn't be flippant about that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:25:47 PM »

in normal elections i would now be overjoyed.

in this election i am scared of registered usually non-voting dems...<.<

Yep. I do not see anything that would make me sleep well.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:08 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2016, 10:35:18 PM by ag »

However, with Texas it all boils down to both voter registration and turnout levels,

And this is, of course, where there is the nearly untapped reserve of the Rio Grande Valley. This part of the state normally has abyssmal turnout. But, of course, in recent decades nobody has thought of mobilizing it - there has not been a reason to do so. While it might be too late to do so in this election, if Texas becomes competitive, Dems should be able to add a percentage point or two to their statewide results through proper registration/GOTV effort in the Valley.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 11:14:58 AM »

Was Democratic bed-wetting this bad in 2012? Don't remember.

I heard it was worse.

At least Romney actually led in the polls multiple times in October.

Well, I was here in 2012 and the bedwetting wasn't worse.

Dems were mostly confident of an Obama victory and I had a much harder time arguing that Romney would win.

There is a difference, though, between Romney and Trump winning. Romney winning would have meant a few years of a competent administration, which would have implemented policies with which some of those here would have disagreed. Trump meaning implies a reduction of life expectancy of all of us on this forum to about 3 years. I know that you personally have decided to commit suicide, and I would have even been willing to respect that - if you were not insisting on dragging the rest of us with you. Honestly, just putting something into Cool Aid and sharing it with your tribe would have been a more decent thing to do: it would have been indistinguishable from electing Trump in terms of consequences for you and your family, but it would have spared me and mine.

Yes, Trump may very well win as of today. And this scares me beyond belief. To think that a gigantic murder-suicide cult, bent on destruction of the human civilisation as we know it, could not merely emerge, but achieve such level of support as we are seeing today is beyond frightening. Even if Trump loses I will never again be able to look into a face of an average white American male without shuddering: I will always have to remember that this person wants to kill: himself, his family, and myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies