Turkish general election, June 7th 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:26:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkish general election, June 7th 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turkish general election, June 7th 2015  (Read 30716 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: June 07, 2015, 09:01:15 AM »

Livestream (HD):

http://de.firstonetv.com/stream/tr/1
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »

I'm worried that the power-hungry Islamo-fascist pseudo-dictator Erdogan is going to manipulate the results, so that his AKP remains in charge ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »

I always wonder how this is possible (not just in Turkey) ...

Do these precincts not have election commission members present from all the other parties who can call the police if they see it ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »

It's pretty obvious that there was/is massive vote-rigging and intimidation going on, based on various reports. The police and military even seem to co-operate with the AKP in throwing international election observers and Kurd-Party observers out of voting places and intimidate them:

http://inagist.com/all/607539031212064768/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Looks like Erdogan is pulling all strings to save his sinking ship ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »

Sry, but I have to classify this "election" as an "electoral type-event", based on all the reports.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 09:55:06 AM »

OK, sooo when are we going to see some prelim or partial results ?

Whenever the Erdogan-enablers have manipulated the AKP up from 35-40% to ~49/50% ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2015, 12:26:34 PM by Χασεμιτικού »

I'm worried that the power-hungry Islamo-fascist pseudo-dictator Erdogan is going to manipulate the results, so that his AKP remains in charge ...

Please keep the excessive hyperbole under control. This board isn't for this kind of nonsense.

I'm sorry to read that you don't like the truth ...

Besides, this is a free board. I can write whatever I want. Thx.

el caudillo: Cool it, buster.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 12:08:00 PM »

Please keep the excessive hyperbole under control. This board isn't for this kind of nonsense.

No its not. but the evidence shows you were wrong in anycase.

The evidence shows nothing like that: who knows if the AKP didn't get 35% in reality and all the ballot stuffing, intimidation and other irregularities pushed them up to the current 43% ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 12:24:34 PM »

The evidence shows nothing like that: who knows if the AKP didn't get 35% in reality and all the ballot stuffing, intimidation and other irregularities pushed them up to the current 43% ?
Its somewhat possible, but there is no proof. but since im sure you also like HDP its likely they engaged in much the same in kurdish areas

I don't like any election-fakers ...

There is a great preponderance of evidence this is not the case. Very consistent with polls.

Maybe, but there was a downward-trend for the AKP before the election. Which means election faking on behalf of the AKP was possible, but it seems they realized that they were around 40% and that only a massive faking would get them to a majority (which would have not gone unnoticed). So they faked only 2%+ ...

Anyway, I'm happy that Sultan Erdogan was dealt a slight blow today and maybe he comes back down to earth a bit.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »

Maybe, but there was a downward-trend for the AKP before the election. Which means election faking on behalf of the AKP was possible, but it seems they realized that they were around 40% and that only a massive faking would get them to a majority (which would have not gone unnoticed). So they faked only 2%+ ...

While you were ranting, the reported AKP vote share has gone from around 43% to 41.82%. Chances are, they will end up with between 40% and 41% (Kurdish areas are underreporting). Hard to see evidence even for those 2%.

Sure, but did you read the reports of the Swedish election observer and the like, which I posted earlier ?

This election was definitely not free or fair (at least in some parts of the country) and the co-operation between police/military and the AKP in brutalizing/"instructing" observers/voters is certainly worrying ... I don't know how you can defend this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »

Tender, you might wanna stop repeating your nonsense instead of digging deeper. The Austrian perspective on Turkey is interesting in its own right though.

Anyway, very happy to see HDP get in and AKP getting a deserved blow. Exciting to see where it goes from here.

Gustaf, I find it odd that you think I'm only attacking Erdogan/AKP because I'm an Austrian (and all Austrians of course hate Turks ... Roll Eyes)

That is certainly not the case, because I frequently attack Putin, Orban and the likes with the same enthusiasm. They are all the same bastards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies