LBJ was both an FF and a HP. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:56:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  LBJ was both an FF and a HP. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Agree or Disagree
Agree

Disagree, Dissagree, LBJ's just a HP

Disagree, LBJ's a sole FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: LBJ was both an FF and a HP.  (Read 2010 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: February 19, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »

I find the veneration of LBJ's personality by some liberals suspicious. It seems that beyond  the realities of LBJ's policies - a mixed bag at best - are glossed over in favour of admiration of 'the Johnson treatment'. How many times have I heard variations of the phrase 'If only Johnson was president now, we'd have universal healthcare (substitute for liberal dream policy of choice)? It seems to be affection of some liberals that positive change is driven by autocratic men swinging their dick around (metaphorically and literally). But this in practise is a dangerous state to be in. In practise it meant the Johnson administration was testosterone fuelled and arrogant. Consensus was thrown out of the window, and all for the petty pursuit of johnson's love of being glorified as a 'great president'. Although i will not declare LBJ was amoral or a monster - especially in contrast to his successor - his personality was of his time. But the Johnson treatment and all it entails - the backroom deals, the intimidation, the seedy clubs, the backscratching - is long dead, and rightly so.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 02:56:43 PM »

Yeah, but I highly doubt, I dunno, Gerald Ford or Jimmy Carter regularly got their dicks out to intimidate staffers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies