If Tom Campbell Had Won CA's Primary...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:52:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  If Tom Campbell Had Won CA's Primary...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Tom Campbell Had Won CA's Primary...  (Read 705 times)
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:36:34 PM »

Would he be doing better than Fiorina in terms of polling?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2010, 08:52:47 PM by Torie »

If he had adequate money, than yes - marginally. But Fiorina is doing better than I thought she would, and is a more supple candidate, than I thought she would be. She has handled her cf with HP with some skill, for example. Of course, Campbell would be a far superior Senator, who actually might make a salubrious difference in the public square, with an independent, reasoned, fact based, well researched and thought out voice, but who gives a damn about that?  Clearly, next to no one.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:50:01 PM »

Well I have to commend Fiorina for holding her own against Boxer. I was worried that she would make this race a goner once Boxer went after her for her record at HP, but so far she keeps turning the focus back on her record in senate. Campbell would probably have a slight lead over Boxer. Probably about an average of 5 points, but I do think Boxer would hit back at him for his associations  with a questionable Imam back during his 2000 campaign that might hurt his standing with voters.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »

If he adequate money, than yes - marginally. But Fiorina is doing better than I thought she would, and is a more supple candidate, than I thought she would be. She has handled her cf with HP with some skill, for example. Of course, Campbell would be a far superior Senator, who actually might make a salubrious difference in the public square, with an independent reasoned, fact based, well researched and though out voice, but who gives a damn about that?  Clearly, next to no one.
[/quote

I really hate to empty quote, but I have nothing to add to this. This displays my opinion.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »

Probably not, given that Whitman is only doing marginally better than her and that's mostly due to going against a slightly weaker candidate.

I think the most interesting part of this race (from what I can tell) is the Whitman/Boxer or Brown/Fiorina voters, as based on the SUSA crosstabs (yes, yes, i know) there are considerable amounts of each.  Whitman is doing better with pro-choice and young voters but Fiorina is doing better with older and Pro-life voter.  it will be interesting to see the totals after November.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »

Probably not, given that Whitman is only doing marginally better than her and that's mostly due to going against a slightly weaker candidate.

I think the most interesting part of this race (from what I can tell) is the Whitman/Boxer or Brown/Fiorina voters, as based on the SUSA crosstabs (yes, yes, i know) there are considerable amounts of each.  Whitman is doing better with pro-choice and young voters but Fiorina is doing better with older and Pro-life voter.  it will be interesting to see the totals after November.

Well, I suppose that some people are comfortable with being replaced with an H-1B or having their job offshored, but not both.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 07:44:04 AM »

Would he be doing better than Fiorina in terms of polling?

Probably not; possibly worse In the end, Republicans needed someone with money to take on Boxer. Even in a favorable national environment, Senate Republicans would be hard pressed gambling on a competitive Campbell. Campbell never would have been able to raise the money on his own. Moderate candidates are great, but only if they have the money to prove it to the voters.

PS: Most of this forum's preconceptions about Fiorina were based on a couple of ridiculous advertisement and nothing more.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »

I have no idea, I would think he would poll somewhat better because he would have more support in the Bay Area than Fiorina. Still, in a large state like CA, money is a big deal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies