SFC: Body-cam study: Oakland police spoke less respectfully to black people (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:47:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SFC: Body-cam study: Oakland police spoke less respectfully to black people (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you think police generally treat black people less respectfully than white people?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: SFC: Body-cam study: Oakland police spoke less respectfully to black people  (Read 1854 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: June 12, 2017, 04:27:57 AM »

This is why I oppose body cams.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:07:01 AM »

Why? Because they don't always show police in a flattering light?
Because body cam proponents always say that they will only be used to investigate use of force, and that they are not intended to intrude on the privacy of police officers. I understand that policing is not and cannot be a "private" profession, but to be watched is to be controlled, and I think it is very unhealthy for police officers, and by extension, society as a whole, to know that body cam recordings will be used for anything other than investigating use of force or other violent incidents.

Policing is not a social experiment. It is outrageous that body cams were used in this way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies