Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:17:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 12379 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 05, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

Nobody cares about the platform.  Why did they end up making such a fuss.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »

Nobody cares about the platform.  Why did they end up making such a fuss.

We're idiots. Of course we should've just let the issue go and people would've forgotten about it by tomorrow morning.

We're at least bright enough to say, "That isn't the candidate's position."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:10 PM »

Well, it is not that big of a disaster.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

I found that completely rigged vote funny. And people were charging the Republican conventionw as rigged? They pretty clearly didn't have two-thirds and just ignored it.

As I pointed out during the RNC, it is common to script these things out.  It is common in most large meetings.  It is fairly common to actually hire a professional parliamentarian to stand there and whisper to the chair what to do when the go off script.  I'd have to take a look at the rules, but a 2/3 vote is usually taken be a standing vote.

One of the deputy parliamentarians at the RNC was actually a Professional Registered Parliamentarian; I don't think the Democrats hired one.  

What happened was a minor problem.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:19:12 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 01:21:15 AM by J. J. »

Having a voice vote on such a contentious issue is stupid, and it seems to me like it was simply a case of Villaraigosa hearing what he wanted to hear.

In all fairness to Villaraigosa, it can be difficult to judge from a voice vote.  A friend of mine serves as a parliamentarian for an association of blind people.  They take voice votes, but respond "aye" for the yeas and the no vote.  Apparently the noes sound louder.

That said, you are suppose to call for a standing vote on something requiring a 2/3 vote.

Still, really, we elect a person President, not a platform.  If they disagree, so what?  It's the president's decision that is important.

After the Bill Clinton speech no one is ever going to talk about this again.

Of course everybody will; it was the second story on NBC.  They shouldn't, but they will.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »

This thread is so bad it should have stayed at the 2012 Election section.

Krazey and NYJew have really sunk in new lows. Too bad that Stark isn't around anymore. It would've been fun seeing the pigs duking it out in the mud.

majority of your partys delegates in the room just admitted to either being atheists or anti Semites.  50 years ago the almost every single elected democrat would have condemned every single person who vote this way.
the modern day democratic party explains how a evil nut job like Hitler came to power through mostly through democratic means.

though maybe I should drop the Nazi rhetoric would you prefer Soviet rhetoric.

LOL, not being loudly declaring that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel doesn't make you an anti-semite. There isn't a single embassy in Jerusalem. Does that make every other country in the world's government anti-semitic?

I hate to point this out, but the Palestinians are Semites.  Smiley

This entire thing is stupid on so many levels and everyone is still talking about it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

CNN is still talking about this. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies