US House Redistricting: Washington (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 01:47:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Washington (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Washington  (Read 85434 times)
Dgov
United States

« on: March 26, 2011, 04:27:41 PM »

Yeah, on top of that the reason it's "Minority-Majority" is because it winds up being heavily Asian.  Whites are about 49% of VAP, and no other ethnic group comprises more than 20% of the Population, meaning that they're have to all block vote to pick a candidate of choice.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »

Yeah, he has since moved to downtown Everett. I think he started out in Lake Stevens, hence the confusion. Nevertheless, Everett is only in WA-1 in my ideal map. My abomination (AKA incumbent gerrymander, which tragically may be closer to reality) gives him Everett.

It's not like Congressmen moving is unprecedented, though. Baird moved to Vancouver after the 2000 redistricting, IIRC.

Especially since it represents the Incumbent moving back to his original town.  It probably won't be a big deal if Larsen wants to.  Though again, he's losing a bunch of reliable Democratic votes, so i don't know how well he'd take to an Everett-less 2nd district anyway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies