Collecting Antiques and Other Rarities (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:38:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Collecting Antiques and Other Rarities (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Collecting Antiques and Other Rarities  (Read 1610 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: March 27, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »

The thread about comic book collecting got me wondering if there was anyone here who collects antiques?  Of course, by now -- some comic books probably qualify as "antique".  Some of the ca. 1930's comics are worth a lot of ducats.

But how about it?  Coins? Militaria? Furniture? Railroadiana? Breweriana? Stamps and Postal History? Firearms? Glassware?

What are you all into?  Tell us about your collection and your favorite pieces.

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

My father had a MASSIVE stamp collection - it's in storage waiting for me to have god knows how long to have a look through it.

I collect American militaria of all kinds, but one of the most interesting sub-collections one can build within a militaria hobby is postal history.  Patriotic covers with regimental imprints are my favorite, used or unused.  I really like the vividly colorful ones.

And soldiers' letters and diaries are often absolutely riveting to read.  But I even like the envelopes without the contents.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »

cough..War of Northern Aggression...cough Smiley

We might have been stubborn in not listening to your demands to simply vacate, but didn't you guys shoot first?

Well, if we're gonna be completely accurate -- then I would go with "The War of Southern Stupidity".

But since that offends most people, "Civil War" or "War Between the States" work interchangeably for me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies