Opinion of coal mining (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of coal mining (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of coal mining
Freedom Activity

Horrible Activity

No Opinion

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Opinion of coal mining  (Read 2169 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 26, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »

I know there are a ton of coal miners around here, but it's honestly a horrible activity. Not only that, but my brother's middle school and many houses in the area are built on top of abandoned mines.

That middle school has had problems with sinkholes. There was a massive sinkhole in Monongahela not long ago just down the street from where my aunt lives. It's all from abandoned coal mines. There's more to the issue than just the environment. If you live in Western PA, especially outside of Pittsburgh, there is a big chance your house sits over an abandoned mine. There's a big chance you're gonna need home owners insurance because after my previous experiences, there's no way you should think you're safe. Hell, one just opened up in a parking lot in Ross Township a week or so ago and it swallowed a car that had the driver in it. Luckily for the individual, someone was quick thinking enough to pull her out. Where do you guys think that comes from? More abandoned coal mines.

Heard of Centralia? I had to drive through there before. The backstory to it was pretty crazy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies