Different immigrant groups' influence on American society (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:29:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Different immigrant groups' influence on American society (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Different immigrant groups' influence on American society  (Read 906 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »

Food is my favorite.  We take a food from a place, "americanize" it and it's SOOO much better.  Take "americanized" Chinese food for instance.  Real Chinese food is all noodles and not a lot of meat and when there is meat, it's chicken (if you're from the middle of the country) and cheap fish (if you're on the coast).  Pork, beef, shrimp and the like are rare in your typical traditional Chinese guy's diet.  But here in the states, we're all about the shrimps and beefs and the porks....plus a lot more rice and a lot less noodles.  And we get a cookie instead of an orange slice for dessert.

Of course people that think they know better will be along to say how great real Chinese food is and how sh**tty "american" Chinese food is.  They are wrong.

Well.. you know American Chinese food is just ok, and original Chinese food is ok too, though hardly my favorite.  However in general Americanization of cuisines is not an improvement.  For example Thai food in Thailand is so much better its almost unrecognizable. 

Not sure about Indian, my other favorite.  But I believe that in general Italian has been brought down several notches in the USA, unless you're in a very high-end restaurant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies