Is Jeb Bush the most pathetic GOP "establishment" candidate ever?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Jeb Bush the most pathetic GOP "establishment" candidate ever?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Jeb Bush the most pathetic GOP "establishment" candidate ever?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Is Jeb Bush the most pathetic GOP "establishment" candidate ever?  (Read 4704 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »

Jeb Bush's problem is that he feels that he is owed the nomination, so he feels like he doesn't have to actually work for it - which he wouldn't be willing to do anyway, because I get the sense that he hates campaigning.
At least W enjoyed the campaign process.

Hey! That reminds me of someone on the Democratic side of the equation...anyone know who I'm referring to?...maybe we should send her an email and ask her, if she thinks she's owed her party's presidential nomination. Wait a minute...her email server has been seized...oops!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 11:49:17 AM »

When Bush mentions the prominence of his dad and brother as someone said it has a country club ring to it. I know it's such an overused stat but the Republicans haven't won without a Bush since 1972-that's absolutely awful. I mean I could understand if the Bushes had Kennedy level popularity (relative in the democrat party) but the consensus is that Bush 41 was lackluster and Bush 43 was a disaster
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2015, 12:22:36 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2015, 12:52:22 PM by BeccaM »

Jeb Bush's problem is that he feels that he is owed the nomination, so he feels like he doesn't have to actually work for it - which he wouldn't be willing to do anyway, because I get the sense that he hates campaigning.
At least W enjoyed the campaign process.

Hey! That reminds me of someone on the Democratic side of the equation...anyone know who I'm referring to?...maybe we should send her an email and ask her, if she thinks she's owed her party's presidential nomination. Wait a minute...her email server has been seized...oops!
LOL at all the talk of Hillary being out of touch, entitled, uncharismatic, and unrelatable merely being projection from a party that thinks Jeb! the Eunuch is their primary option to defeat her.

He's just such a loser but I guess he's a good reflection of the awkward and sad old white men that don't know what they even want in their political party anymore.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »

Rockefeller and McCain might give him a run for his money, but otherwise...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »

Rockefeller and McCain might give him a run for his money, but otherwise...

I'll give you Rockefeller, but McCain basically managed to be the most underfunded guy in the race and still managed to swipe the nomination from Willard Moneybags and Huckabee the Bible man. As much as I hate to admit it, McCain has political skills - he was just about 10 years too old when he ran in 2008.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »

What about Fred Thompson 2008, and Rick Perry 2012? The late entries that the media breathlessly told us was the frontrunner, and surged in the polls, only to crash and burn in an epic manner?

And as bad as Rick Perry was, Fred Thompson was more overrated. He made Ben Carson at the debate yesterday seem high energy.

Neither one was an establishment candidate. The establishment candidate in 2012 was always Romney, Perry was at best a "backup" in case Romney had a horrific collapse. I'm sure any insiders who observed him knew he was going nowhere.

Thompson was a grassroots and media-hyped candidate who clearly didn't have any real interest in the job or running and immediately collapsed as soon as his campaign officially began.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies