FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FBI Director Comey press confrence - Update: Recommends no charges for Clinton  (Read 8363 times)
Seriously?
United States

« on: July 05, 2016, 10:28:36 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »

While she will not be prosecuted over this, I think it's rather a pyrrhic victory for Hillary supporters because the evidence is very clear that she lied to the public for the past year, she acted irresponsibly, and she was far from cleared of wrongdoing.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:27 AM »

She deserved to be indicted because all that should be necessary is that confidential information was transmitted in an insecure manner. The intent is imputed. But it's OK. She's a Democrat in a Democrat administration. We expected her to get a pass.

Seriously? You're just an obese person from Georgia. You think that you, from your armchair, know better than the Republican head of the FBI?

Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election
Yeah. I am real obese, faux blue avatar.

Comey is about as much of a Republican as you are. His bosses are Democrats.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »

Seriously? You're just an obese person from Georgia. You think that you, from your armchair, know better than the Republican head of the FBI?

Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election
Yeah. I am real obese, faux blue avatar.

Comey is about as much of a Republican as you are. His bosses are Democrats.

A Dog, to whom the butcher had thrown a bone, was hurrying home with his prize as fast as he could go. As he crossed a narrow footbridge, he happened to look down and saw himself reflected in the quiet water as if in a mirror. But the greedy Dog thought he saw a real Dog carrying a bone much bigger than his own.

If he had stopped to think he would have known better. But instead of thinking, he dropped his bone and sprang at the Dog in the river, only to find himself swimming for dear life to reach the shore. At last he managed to scramble out, and as he stood sadly thinking about the good bone he had lost, he realized what a stupid Dog he had been.
You're witty, faux blue avatar.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »

This Kabuki theater was laughable. As are the responses from the red avatars and the faux blue avatar from Colorado. Of course she wasn't going to be indicted. She's campaigning with Obama today. The fix was already in.

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

Do you ever realize sometimes -- in your over-the-top enthusiastic zeal -- that sometimes you are just plain wrong?
Ummm. No. My analysis is spot on. I am well aware of the legal standard for an indictment, probably way more than you are.

I am also well aware that the world of criminal justice operates on two levels: there's what the law is and then there's politics. Politics won out today.

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:15 AM »

You obviously do not understand what I am saying here. I am smart enough to know how the real world works and fully understand that this is a non-referral for political reasons.

There is no way in hell that Trump or any Republican lets this go. It is and will remain a campaign issue. Even if Crooked Hillary! wasn't indicted, Trump can and will exploit how the decision to not indict is indicative of how the system is rigged.

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

No charges. No charges. No charges.

That is what counts. All this trying to spin lint into gold is pathetic and sad.
Not really. There are still political consequences, and deservedly so.

You lost, so sit down and be quiet.
I scoff that you think that the Republicans "lost" on this. Just wait for the campaign commercials. This decision just reinforces how "corrupt the political class" is in Washington. Just watch. Trump will beat this like a rented mule.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

To be fair, I don't even think YOU understand what you're saying; but then again, most RWNJs don't unless it resonates out of the bubble known as Breitbart/Faux Noise/Drudge/etc.

The fly in your Metamucil is that James Comey is a Republican "who is widely respected by GOP lawmakers." I guess it's time to call him a RINOrat now and primary him? Trumpkin can continue to exploit the decision all he wants; he's just putting more nails in his coffin.
Yeah, because I don't have a background that would be on point when it comes to this. But I digress.

Comey is part of a Democrat-ic administration. His boss is a Democrat. He could be the nicest Republican in the world, but it matters for naught. Obama is on the campaign trail with Hillary! today. Do you really think he would be there if there was an indictment referral coming down against her?

This is political Kabuki theater. Nothing more nothing less.

First of all, Obama being on the campaign trail with her is irrelevant. His approval ratings are on the up and up and he's still very popular with the Democratic base. If she wants him there with her, why do you care? Perhaps you're just bitter that your party's presumptive nominee isn't getting help from the most recent Republican President.

Facts do have a liberal bias, so no wonder this whole development is not seeping through your conservatively bent membrane. It's funny how you say this is political theater when this whole "controversy" was politically motivated and orchestrated by those who adhere to your warped ideology of hating Hillary Clinton. But feel free to enlighten me again about how I'm a misogynist for calling Sarah Palin an idiot.
Dude, you're smoking something if you think Obama would be on the trail with Hillary! today if the FBI was going to refer charges. The optics would be beyond terrible.

As far as your misogyny goes, it's patently obvious. I think insulting a woman's intelligence is a microaggression in your world, no?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies