NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:53:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio  (Read 74944 times)
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« on: August 13, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »

If, after all the dumb but entertaining things that defined this race, de Blasio comes out as the winner then this will probably be one of my favorite elections of all time.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »

Quinn seems to be Romney-ing this primary out. De Blasio's campaign has been tremendously good and should beat out Thompson at the least. I bet his lead would be even higher if Weiner left the race considering Thompson and Quinn are both staking out the center.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:46:38 PM »

NYT endorses Quinn and Lhota.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »

I've been casual on this.  Is deblasio winning goods or bad?

I find people with De/La prefixes in their name to be universally fringe crazies

Good. De Blasio is by far and away the best candidate in this race.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

Cuomo had some harsh words for Bloomberg and lauded De Blasio and his family.

It'd be nice if Cuomo was backing the progressive candidate, even if they do have roots back in HUD together.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:34:06 AM »

Cuomo had some harsh words for Bloomberg and lauded De Blasio and his family.

It'd be nice if Cuomo was backing the progressive candidate, even if they do have roots back in HUD together.

Why would he do that?  Cuomo probably wants Lhota to win.

Huh? Huh

You know the local game much better than I. What's your theory?

Cuomo is crafty and doesn't seem to care about principle.  He knows that Democrats will vote for him no matter what.  So, his best strategy is to give Republicans what they want and appease the suburban swing voter at the expense of Democrats in New York City.  If there's a way to take money from homeless teens in the Bronx and turn it into a property tax cut for a middle class person in Long Island, he wants to do it. 

De Blasio might get in the way of that strategy with his liberal views.  He may whine about poor people or suggest raising taxes on the rich.  Cuomo doesn't want any part of that.

Yeah, this makes no sense. Cuomo might be more moderate than his father, but what the hell does he gain from having Lhota as mayor? De Blasio and Cuomo have worked together in the past. There's no reason why they can't coordinate strategy.

I understand the pissing on Cuomo for what he did with the state senate, but it's honestly better off the way it happened. Unless it's something this splits his own party, Cuomo can get virtually anything he wants passed right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies