Opinion of Black Lives Matter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Black Lives Matter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this movement?
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Opinion of Black Lives Matter  (Read 6962 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:36 AM »

Don't want to empty-quote, but this seems fairly succinct.

Wales

Appalachian Ohio

Didn't the actual BLM say that the agitators at Sanders rallies had nothing to do with them? I don't see any reason to hold an entire movement accountable for the action of a few loons.

What SWE said.

Yvelines

Positive. Although I may question tactics from time to time (attacking Bernie), overall it's a great movement!

Kansas

This is such a white thread. "All Lives Matter", "Stop policing black neighborhoods" lol.

Very, very positive.

Indiana

Positive in terms of motivation, negative in terms of tactics. Hope it ends up less fragmented and dumb then Occupy though.

Utah

British Columbia

Positive in terms of motivation, negative in terms of tactics. Hope it ends up less fragmented and dumb then Occupy though.

This is roughly my stance on it.

San Francisco

Maine

Massachusetts (see I can imply meaningless arguments based on where people live too!)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »

Massachusetts (see I can imply meaningless arguments based on where people live too!)
I think his argument is White People's Opinions Don't Matter...WPODM....not a good acronym (or argument).

Yeah apparently people that live in overwhelmingly white areas aren't allowed to have opinions on this according to his logic. That logic is just very, very poor.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:17:38 AM »

Alrighty.

If you (hypothetical collective plural) are really loud and insistent about how fond you are of black people...
...why do you live in a place with no black people?  (In most of those cases not even near somewhere that's majority-black).

c.f. Deep South Evangelicals and Jews.

"If you're a communist why do you live in America??"

Your "point" is very similar to the above argument, but quite possibly even dumber.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies