Which religion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 05:17:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which religion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: is the best?
Liberal Christianity

jmfcst/Pat Robertson Christianity

Islam

Buddhism

Sikhism

Hinduism

Wicca

Neo-paganism

Judaism

Jainism

Zoroastarianism

Other

None, all religions are crap

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Which religion  (Read 4505 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 07, 2006, 02:19:14 PM »

Vote. I vote for Liberal Christianity of course.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »

Liberal Christianity doesn't have anyone in history who was violent due to the sort of people who tend to be liberal Christians, not due to the notion of liberal Christianity itself. 

Right, that proves there must be something inherently good about it if the type of people who tend to be liberal Christians are peaceful and tolerant and the same is not true of all other religions.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 10:51:20 PM »

The mainstream Catholic religion that you decided didn't exist.

Yep - Roman Catholicism for me.

That falls under "Liberal Christianity" if you're a liberal Catholic and "jmfcst/Pat Robertson Christianity" if you're one of those anti-condom nuts.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »

You and Pat Robertson are both intolerant gay haters. Hence you belong together. Basically, what opebo said.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:14:02 PM »

That falls under "Liberal Christianity" if you're a liberal Catholic and "jmfcst/Pat Robertson Christianity" if you're one of those anti-condom nuts.

Looking at people like yourself, I don't see how anyone can be anti-condom. God help us if you ever reproduce.

Well, then you're not a good Catholic, since you want me to use condoms, which is sinning in your church's eyes, despite the fact that 80% of American Catholics are enlightened enough to realize this stance is a load of crap and completely ignore it. Of course I'm not Catholic anyway so there's no reason for me to care what they say, but do you want Flyers to use condoms?

You and Pat Robertson are both intolerant gay haters. Hence you belong together. Basically, what opebo said.

When someone calls someone else a "fag" or "homo" as an insult, are they gay haters? Just curious.

Not neccesarily, they're just severely lacking in maturity and wit. I refuse to ever use such insults.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:15:23 PM »

jmfcst does not all under the anti-condom crowd.  But I can see that you have a problem with Catholics who actually believe what their church teaches.

Yes I do, and so do you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »

Probably 98% of Christianity follows the bible's teaching that homosexual sex is a sin.

Obviously not true, since over 2% of Christians support gay marriage even if their church is not quite so enlightened (even mine is having trouble on this). See for example, the Catholic parish in St. Paul where all the parishoners are wearing rainbow sashes during Mass to show their opposition to the church's intolerant stance.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

jmfcst does not all under the anti-condom crowd.  But I can see that you have a problem with Catholics who actually believe what their church teaches.

Yes I do, and so do you.

Slime, don't ever associate me with your filth, for you have never heard me call Catholics "nuts".

Oh, you have said not nice things about them before. See this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=31109.0

Plus you oppose their contraception stance as much as me.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »

Well, then you're not a good Catholic, since you want me to use condoms, which is sinning in your church's eyes, despite the fact that 80% of American Catholics are enlightened enough to realize this stance is a load of crap and completely ignore it. Of course I'm not Catholic anyway so there's no reason for me to care what they say, but do you want Flyers to use condoms?

Haha. Actually, Josh, it's not considered a sin.

So you've never heard of Humane Vitae?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanae_Vitae
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-vi_enc_25071968_humanae-vitae_en.html

It was the Papal edict declaring contraception as sinful. And the church still holds it today.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_contra.htm

The Roman Catholic and a very few very conservative Protestant denominations prohibit all but the time barrier methods. Only the latter are considered natural. Data on birth rates among Roman Catholic couples shows that their family size does not differ significantly from those of Protestant couples. This would seem to indicate that essentially all Roman Catholics are ignoring the instructions of their church.

You can read more here: http://www.catholic.com/library/Birth_Control.asp

When someone calls someone else a "fag" or "homo" as an insult, are they gay haters? Just curious.

BRTD, I want that question answered.

I did.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »

Not neccesarily, they're just severely lacking in maturity and wit. I refuse to ever use such insults.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »

I got a good laugh out of this one.

I don't belong to a "liberal christian" or a "pat robertson christian" church. I belong to a christian church -- surprised you left that one out.

I understand your point but there is no christian church, there is Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican/Episcopal, etc.

On another note, Does the Congregationalist Church exist outside of New England?

Yes. One branch off it is the UCC (United Church of Christ) and there's one just down the hill from me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies