Election Tracker - NE Special
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:36:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Election Tracker - NE Special
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Election Tracker - NE Special  (Read 17881 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »

If it isn't, then I am prepared to bankrupt the Atlasian government with lawsuit after lawsuit.

You forget how corrupt the current President is. I can easily instruct the justices to toss out all your lawsuits
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »

Julio's however, is blatantly invalid, as it disparages a candidate for both Senate and Vice President outright.

How on Earth can you define as disparagement what Julio wrote-in about TNF's inability for pragmatism?

The Autonomous Left in the Midwestern Oblast is confident in the egregious wisdom of the Atlasian Electoral Authority, which will count the vote of comrade Julio as valid, as much his vote for President as his vote for Regional Senator. In other case, we will raise the most energetic protest before any attempt of limiting his freedom of speech.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2014, 10:35:43 PM »

Julio's however, is blatantly invalid, as it disparages a candidate for both Senate and Vice President outright.

How on Earth can you define as disparagement what Julio wrote-in about TNF's inability for pragmatism?

The Autonomous Left in the Midwestern Oblast is confident in the egregious wisdom of the Atlasian Electoral Authority, which will count the vote of comrade Julio as valid, as much his vote for President as his vote for Regional Senator. In other case, we will raise the most energetic protest before any attempt of limiting his freedom of speech.

JulioMadrid's vote was clearly invalid.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »

TNF has won an absolute majority of the votes in the midwest, and if dead0man votes, then the midwest will have a turnout rate of 100%.

Neither statement is true.  TNF has 14 of 29 in region, and Grant also has not voted.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »

TNF has won an absolute majority of the votes in the midwest, and if dead0man votes, then the midwest will have a turnout rate of 100%.

Neither statement is true.  TNF has 14 of 29 in region, and Grant also has not voted.

Here it is in color. These were easier to make when your predecessor was in office I must say. Tongue

MW (29)
adamobawesomebiberg Midwest MN Labor 0 26-Jul-2014 aka Adam C. Fitzgerald
andi Midwest IA other 0 30-Jun-2014 aka Velasco- Autonomous Left
angus Midwest IA other 0 xx-xxx-xx Popular Liberty Party
Arturo Belano Midwest NE Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
BrewerPaul Midwest MN Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx aka Brewer
BRTD Midwest MN ind 0 xx-xxx-xx
Cris Midwest CO Fed 0 xx-xxx-xx
dead0man Midwest NE ind 0 xx-xxx-xx
Foucaulf Midwest MN CMP 0 xx-xxx-xx
Gass3268 Midwest IA Labor 0 19-Jul-2014 
GAworth Midwest SD PRO 0 05-Mar-2014
Grant Midwest OK Fed 0 xx-xxx-xx 
Gustaf Midwest MN ind 1 xx-xxx-xx
hawkeye59 Midwest IA Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
ilikeverin Midwest MN CMP 0 xx-xxx-xx
JLD Midwest MN RGP 0 xx-xxx-xx aka Fritz
JulioMadrid Midwest SD Labor 2 xx-xxx-xx
LumineVonReuental Midwest MT PRO 0 xx-xxx-xx
Marokai Blue Midwest IA Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
MaxQue Midwest CO Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
Rooney Midwest IA Fed 0 xx-xxx-xx
Snowguy716 Midwest MN Labor 1 22-Feb-2014
Sol Midwest MT RGP 0 08-Jul-2014
spamage Midwest MN Fed 0 11-Jun-2014
TDAS04 Midwest MN PRO 0 28-Jul-2014
Thomas D Midwest IA ind 0 xx-xxx-xx
tmthforu94 Midwest KS Fed 0 xx-xxx-xx 
TNF Midwest WY Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
windjammer Midwest MN Labor 0 xx-xxx-xx
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »

But Grant will not vote and Julio's is unlikely to count, so TNF is as good as elected barring some second coming of Invaligate.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2014, 11:11:25 PM by Rep. Deus »

Well, Lumine could hypothetically email Dead0man and tell him to vote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »

I'm sure Dead0man has been PMed multiple times. I don't think I've ever heard of people e-mailing to get votes in Atlasia. Tongue
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2014, 11:07:43 PM »

How do you know Grant won't vote?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2014, 11:09:09 PM »

And TNF would win 14-13.

I say that with 99% confidence. It seems extremely unlikely for something with 80 posts to remember to log in these last few minutes just to vote. I guess I could be wrong.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »

And TNF would win 14-13.

Now, it'd be 13-13 if deadOman casts his ballot for Lumine. I'm aware that someone could say that I am deliberately sabotaging the election by editing my ballot out of time. Anyway, I think it's not fair giving TNF the victory because Julio's vote doesn't count and, on the other hand, I was highly undecided before.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2014, 03:27:46 PM by Gustaf »

That's a pretty horrible thing to do to TNF, so horrible I'd use profanity to express my outrage, if only it was allowed on this forum.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »

That's a pretty fuсking ѕhitty thing to do to TNF.
Yeah it appears that Lumine is now ahead.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2014, 11:36:56 PM »

It's nothing personal; I gave my first pref for TNF because I knew he would be extremely active and totally dedicated to his work. Lumine would be as good as TNF in that regard.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »

I'm up by one vote, unless JulioMadrid's blatantly illegal ballot is counted, in which case the vote is tied.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2014, 11:42:54 PM »

I'm up by one vote, unless JulioMadrid's blatantly illegal ballot is counted, in which case the vote is tied.

You're right, I was making the assumption that Lumine would get one more vote. Even so, I would be wrong as it would go to a run off which I think you would be favored to win.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:48 PM »

Just for the record, I have no desire to go into a runoff if it's triggered by the act of invalidating a vote. I do not wish to win this race by resorting to such methods, and I would prefer to end this with some dignity as soon as the voting booth closes in a few minutes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2014, 11:49:49 PM »

It's unfair to every other voter in the region, including Julio, to attempt to change the result of an election after the fact by invalidating a vote. Moreover, it might even be illegal per the Vote Sanctity Act; it may not a clear case, but it's certainly an interesting one.

I don't see any way that law could be interpreted to apply to this.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

Wouldn't a tie be settled by 2nd preferences and not a runoff?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »

Wow, what a terrible way for an election to end up.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »

Section 3: Run-off Elections

If all remaining candidates shall have the same number of highest preference votes, then the following procedure shall be used to break the tie:Run-off elections shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on the first Thursday after the initial election and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after the beginning.Those candidates who have tied shall be automatically entered onto the ballot. No other candidacies shall be allowed.Voters shall only be able to cast a vote for one candidate.If any candidate shall gain a majority of the votes cast, then he shall be declared winner.

Same number of highest preference votes. Nothing about lower preferences.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2014, 11:57:41 PM »

If all remaining candidates shall have the same number of highest preference votes, then the following procedure shall be used to break the tie:Run-off elections shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on the first Thursday after the initial election and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after the beginning.Those candidates who have tied shall be automatically entered onto the ballot. No other candidacies shall be allowed.Voters shall only be able to cast a vote for one candidate.If any candidate shall gain a majority of the votes cast, then he shall be declared winner.

What bill is this from?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »

What bill is this from?

Consolidated electoral reform act. What you're thinking of is in the Proportional representation act. That apllies to at large seats.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2014, 12:04:31 AM »

Nowhere in the law does it say that the voter and the instructor cannot be the same person. And, frankly, it doesn't make much sense to punish someone for encouraging someone else to invalidate a vote but not for editing their own vote to achieve the same end.

I assume the possible consequences of my action, which I admit it has been rather unthinking. There wasn't an obscure motivation behind it.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2014, 12:06:08 AM »

What bill is this from?

Consolidated electoral reform act. What you're thinking of is in the Proportional representation act. That apllies to at large seats.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It also says this, unless I am looking at an older version or this only applies to at-large seats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies