19-year old black girl shot dead by MI home-owner, after she had car accident
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:20:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  19-year old black girl shot dead by MI home-owner, after she had car accident
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 19-year old black girl shot dead by MI home-owner, after she had car accident  (Read 4574 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »

Unless the national outcry changes things, it appears no charges will be fired.

Holy sh**t
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »

Heard a rumor that the shooter was black too

Seeing as I haven't found a single news source which mention the race of the home-owner (usual in cases like this you see the race mentioned by the media), I see that as a real possibility.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »

Renisha McBride, a 19-year-old black woman whose death in a Detroit suburb has sparked protests from civil rights groups, was killed by a shotgun wound to the face, but not at close range, according to an autopsy report released Monday that ruled it a homicide.

Ms. McBride was killed Nov. 2 on the porch of a home in Dearborn Heights. Her family believes she was seeking help after an accident. Demonstrators have called for the arrest of the homeowner, who is white, but no charges have been brought. The Wayne County prosecutor is expected to review evidence this week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/us/michigan-autopsy-shows-fatal-wound-to-the-face.html
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »

Renisha McBride, a 19-year-old black woman whose death in a Detroit suburb has sparked protests from civil rights groups, was killed by a shotgun wound to the face, but not at close range, according to an autopsy report released Monday that ruled it a homicide.

Ms. McBride was killed Nov. 2 on the porch of a home in Dearborn Heights. Her family believes she was seeking help after an accident. Demonstrators have called for the arrest of the homeowner, who is white, but no charges have been brought. The Wayne County prosecutor is expected to review evidence this week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/us/michigan-autopsy-shows-fatal-wound-to-the-face.html

Thank you, in that case I was mistaken.

Beside that if the information we have gotten from the media are correct, I would say it's a grave injustice, that the homeowner have not been charged with murder or manslaughter.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »

Theodore Wafer, the shooter, has been charged with murder.

The Wayne County Sheriff has said that there is no evidence to support that Wafer acted in self-defense.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »

Theodore Wafer, the shooter, has been charged with murder.

The Wayne County Sheriff has said that there is no evidence to support that Wafer acted in self-defense.

Good.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »

Good, but knowing how these things go, he'll probably get off like Zimmerman did.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »

Seeing as I haven't found a single news source which mention the race of the home-owner (usual in cases like this you see the race mentioned by the media), I see that as a real possibility.

You are a horrible person, you know that? You probably don't even think you are a racist, right?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

Will the shooter become a hero tho some like Zimmerman?  Will the girl be turned into a "thug" who deserved it?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »

You are a horrible person, you know that? You probably don't even think you are a racist, right?
He's an enlightened European who is somehow better at racial issues than Americans.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 01:50:24 AM »

It's okay. The girl probably skipped class once or smoked a joint at some point which will render this a legal killing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

Wow! http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/theodore-wafer-guilty-renisha-mcbride

Luckily, before we can feel completely relieved for once, the AP buts in with this wonderful headline:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:36 PM »

See, unlike George Zimmerman (who gunned down Trayvon Martin in cold blood) this case was a legitimate accident in my opinion.

The woman showed up drunk. Unlike Trayvon Martin, who was not high or intoxicated and did not pose any threat, Wafer was right to feel threatened. Does that justify the shooting? No, and Wafer himself regrets it unlike Zimmerman, who was and still is proud of the incident.

He told the police that the gun discharged by mistake, and then he told the court that he pulled the trigger as a "reflex move." The court said he lied to the police, but I don't see a difference. It is very well possible that the reflex move was what he was trying to say to the police and simply worded it poorly.

Regardless if it was intentional or not, he needs to pay for his crime. While it is more close to manslaughter than murder, I respect the courts ruling and I hope people really think twice unless they are absolutely sure they are in danger.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »

See, unlike George Zimmerman (who gunned down Trayvon Martin in cold blood)

Have you ever seen an armed murderer get beat up by his unarmed victim, prior to the murder? Doesn't happen, does it? This case is much different because the shooter was definitely responsible for the death of the girl.

Elsewhere in Detroit, probably on the same night as this girl's unfortunate demise, some thugs were gunning one another down over a block of drug territory. No one cares, which is why our rate of violent crime and gun crime continue to linger above the average for developed nations.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »

The woman showed up drunk. Unlike Trayvon Martin, who was not high or intoxicated and did not pose any threat, Wafer was right to feel threatened. Does that justify the shooting? No, and Wafer himself regrets it unlike Zimmerman, who was and still is proud of the incident.

You think a 19 year old girl, intoxicated or not, is a serious threat to a grown man with a gun?

A wasted teenage girl shows up on an older single guy's porch. I'm not asking if the guy is safe. I'm asking if the girl is safe from possibly getting sexually assaulted.

Do you think Wafer would have reacted the same way if this 19 year old girl were a blonde white girl?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »

See, unlike George Zimmerman (who gunned down Trayvon Martin in cold blood) this case was a legitimate accident in my opinion.

He told the police that the gun discharged by mistake, and then he told the court that he pulled the trigger as a "reflex move." The court said he lied to the police, but I don't see a difference. It is very well possible that the reflex move was what he was trying to say to the police and simply worded it poorly.

Regardless if it was intentional or not, he needs to pay for his crime. While it is more close to manslaughter than murder, I respect the courts ruling and I hope people really think twice unless they are absolutely sure they are in danger.

Well if it was intentional, he had malice aforethought, which would make it murder. The jury found that he acted intentionally. That's good enough for me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »

You think a 19 year old girl, intoxicated or not, is a serious threat to a grown man with a gun?
sexist much?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »

See, unlike George Zimmerman (who gunned down Trayvon Martin in cold blood)

Have you ever seen an armed murderer get beat up by his unarmed victim, prior to the murder? Doesn't happen, does it? This case is much different because the shooter was definitely responsible for the death of the girl.

Elsewhere in Detroit, probably on the same night as this girl's unfortunate demise, some thugs were gunning one another down over a block of drug territory. No one cares, which is why our rate of violent crime and gun crime continue to linger above the average for developed nations.
If some creep like George Zimmerman was stalking me, and I was more like my dad and my uncle when they were my age and less like...me, I'd probably attack him too. Trayvon Martin was standing his ground, not George Zimmerman.

A wasted teenage girl shows up on an older single guy's porch. I'm not asking if the guy is safe. I'm asking if the girl is safe from possibly getting sexually assaulted.

Do you think Wafer would have reacted the same way if this 19 year old girl were a blonde white girl?
This post contains anti-woman AND anti-male sexism. That may be a first.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies