Here's my prediction. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:04:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Here's my prediction. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here's my prediction.  (Read 2067 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:22:50 PM »

2016 : I predict that Governor Scott Walker will win the election. Why ?

1. Obama Fatigue..... Democrat or Republican, you got to admit that Obama is damaged goods. So Probably Republicans will present their candidate as new and fresh and that leads me to the second one.

2. Hillary Clinton. Now I have a lot of respect for her. But her age and her connections to Obama kind of puts her in a disadvantage compared to Marco Rubio should he decide to run. And  don't forget about the Benghazi thing.

3. Governing Experience. One of the many reasons why we have dysfunction in Washington is because Obama with all due respect has no Governing record. Governor Walker on the other hand has a strong governing record.

4. The Republican Party will be much more united then in 2012. In 2012, Romney came out of it bruised and tattered thanks to all the crazy canidates out their. I think that the Tea Party base will warm up to Walker more.

What do you guys think ? And can anyone provide a map ? And who thinks should be Walker's running mate should he run ?

I think you are (understandably) overestimating Walker's chances quite a bit. Obama will only be a significant burden on the Democrats if his approval rating is well below 45%. If it's 45-50%, he likely won't hurt or help the Democratic nominee's chances of winning. Unless his approval rating gets down in the low-mid 30s, 2016 won't be the Republican version of 2008. Hillary's probably not quite old enough for her age to be a serious problem. If anything, it could help her, provided she could do a better job than McCain of touting her experience.

The argument that governors make better presidents simply doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Believe me, everything Walker has done as governor would be put on the table in a GE. His crusade against unions could be quite toxic in the Midwest. With so many potential candidates lining up to run, what makes you think that Republicans will be more united than in 2012? It's not like Tea Partiers voted for Obama in 2012.

Many people believe that Walker could win the nomination because he would be popular with the Tea Party and the Republican establishment. My own personal feelings about Walker aside, I'll admit that this is a distinct possibility. However, he doesn't seem to be the first choice of Tea Partiers or the establishment, so he might not be able to garner enough support from either early enough to win the nomination. In a general election... all I can say is that he'll have his work cut for him. He's a polarizing figure, and as much as he could motivate conservatives to turn out and vote, he'd also motivate leagues of liberals to turn out against him, even if they're luke warm about the Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies