John Fetterman stands with Israel, appreciates Republican support in midst of splinter with the left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:23:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Fetterman stands with Israel, appreciates Republican support in midst of splinter with the left
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: John Fetterman stands with Israel, appreciates Republican support in midst of splinter with the left  (Read 1002 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2024, 02:16:00 PM »

This guy is in some ways more hawkish on Israel-Palestine than even some Senate Republicans

Interesting how quickly he went from a hero to turncoat mega-villain in the eyes of the leftist space in a matter of few days. I've even heard some of them say that in hindsight they would have preferred Lamb lol.

Fetterman says many of the protests contain a “germ of antisemitism,” and he’s fully behind Israel. “I support peace and I support a two-state solution. But you know, if the stuff hits the fan, I’m going to lean in on Israel. And that’s exactly what I’ve done.”
“Everyone has the right to defend yourself as a nation,” he said. “But you also have the right, I believe, to go after and eliminate Hamas, or at least to force them to surrender.”

Fetterman adds that neither President Joe Biden nor Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have the power to end the war with Hamas. That, he says, is up to Hamas.
Fetterman’s personal challenges continue at a time when many Republicans have praised him for some of the stands he’s taken.

“I’ve been saying that for years … I really don’t identify myself as progressive. It’s not that I’ve changed but that that word has changed.”
“It’s very clear that in Washington, you got to work together for the right thing. I don’t check and see what letters (are) after someone’s name, whether I can get along with them.”

Source: https://www.newsnationnow.com/the-hill-sunday/john-fetterman-stands-with-israel-appreciates-gop-support/

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 02:21:14 PM »

This is so dumb for conservatives to fall for it. Israel is NOT even America, and he is only saying words. Manchin and Sinema at least blocked policy for all their flaws.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 02:23:02 PM »

Fetterman is basically the median Dem union voter from Ohio.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 02:34:41 PM »

like or hate him, he's got gonads
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 02:35:35 PM »

John Fetterman has always been very pro-Israel. The way that leftists are acting like this is a brand new development is insane to me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 05:59:20 PM »

Fettermanism is the future of the party and the ONLY way Democrats will have a chance in 2028 if they are going up against Trump for a third term.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 07:03:54 PM »

He was always the typical staunch liberal fanatic hiding behind left-wing aesthetics. There was nothing “new” from him at all, nothing about him ever deviated from average democratic party positions.

The way people are shocked is only not that ridiculous because I don’t think people are surprised by the pro-Israel positioning, but more about how vocal and confrontational he chooses to be while most democrats are as much pro-Israel like him but there’s a higher level of shame and awareness about supporting mass genocide.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 07:04:28 PM »

John Fetterman is a Bibi-loving POS who actively wants Gaza and the West Bank ethnically cleansed and settled with Israeli colonists. He loves blowing up aid workers and six-year-olds with rockets and is giddy that Joe Biden is giving Israel a blank check to continue to do so. Never regretted a vote more than my primary vote for Fetterman.

Can’t say I blame you. Not that Lamb would have been any better. I think Fetterman needs to resign to focus on his health and family and never been seen again.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 07:06:35 PM »

Maroon avs are really off their rocker when it comes to this issue.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 07:37:24 PM »

There is ever so much whining about the "Indigenous People" of any number of countries, and how long-established nations are living on "Stolen Land".  Now I don't buy into that argument in general because, really, how far back do you have to go to make things right, but if people want to go there, we really need to consider who occupied the land in 600 BC.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 09:21:24 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2024, 09:27:37 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Why? Because we aren't unapologetic bootlickers of Bibi? If that makes us "off our rocker," so be it.

And Fuzzy, if you're gonna bring up justification of states by how it was during Antiquity, by that logic, it should be perfectly fine for the Iranians to pursue restoring the borders of the old Achaemenid Empire. Afterall, was that not where Iran was at historically?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 09:47:45 PM »

Why? Because we aren't unapologetic bootlickers of Bibi? If that makes us "off our rocker," so be it.

And Fuzzy, if you're gonna bring up justification of states by how it was during Antiquity, by that logic, it should be perfectly fine for the Iranians to pursue restoring the borders of the old Achaemenid Empire. Afterall, was that not where Iran was at historically?

Macedonians salivating at this line of thought.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2024, 09:49:10 PM »

Anyway, he's great on most things, but he's just dead wrong here. Supporting Israel more than Hamas? Yeah, that's like, the more logical position. Supporting every damn thing they do without restriction and without care for loss of life? Not so much.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2024, 10:11:21 PM »

Would also mean white folks and basically anybody who isn't native indigenous American should probably leave the North American continent, unless the first nations want to grant them citizenship or permanent residency. The people making these arguments never seem to apply it to North America for some reason...
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2024, 10:13:06 PM »

Can you demonstrate with evidence, fact, logic and/or reasoning that we're wrong though? Fetterman isn't exactly hiding it. He brazenly admits it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 01:47:08 AM »

There is ever so much whining about the "Indigenous People" of any number of countries, and how long-established nations are living on "Stolen Land".  Now I don't buy into that argument in general because, really, how far back do you have to go to make things right, but if people want to go there, we really need to consider who occupied the land in 600 BC.

Palestinians are more closely related to those of ancient Judea than the average Jew today.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 04:27:39 AM »

CAN WE PLEASE NOT DRAG IN GENEALOGICAL DEBATES ABOUT THIS REGION AGAIN?!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2024, 05:22:29 AM »

Why?  This is the argument the pro-Palestinian faction is making.  That you can't logically refute it is not my problem.

Now I DID say that I consider these "indigenous peoples" and "stolen land" arguments to be generally without merit, but my response is for the people who are making them.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2024, 06:19:34 AM »

Read my post again.  Work for word:

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 06:31:21 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2024, 06:52:25 AM by Hindsight was 2020 »

Why?  This is the argument the pro-Palestinian faction is making.  That you can't logically refute it is not my problem.

Now I DID say that I consider these "indigenous peoples" and "stolen land" arguments to be generally without merit, but my response is for the people who are making them.
I dunno maybe because it’s a disgusting argument that goes down one of two problematic routes we literally just saw play out here. On the one side we got Jfern going down the Nazi path of denying modern Jews have little ties to the Jews of Antiquity and on the other we got you denying that a group of people (Palestinians) have no ties to the land despite living there for hundreds of years
Ragnaroni
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.97, S: 1.74

P
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2024, 07:16:15 AM »

A man has the right to an opinion. Calling him names is childish. If the voters of Pennsylvania don't like his stance, just primary him!?! Hyper focusing on one stance that Fetterman has while ignoring all his other democrat stances is odd...
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2024, 09:06:20 AM »

Let him be. At least PA has its share of jews, and it´s not like he wasn´t otherwise focused on things that do affect his state.
ITOH, I think Torres focus too much on being a "righteous gentile", considering the district he represents.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2024, 09:08:42 AM »

Let him be. At least PA has its share of jews, and it´s not like he wasn´t otherwise focused on things that do affect his state.
ITOH, I think Torres focus too much on being a "righteous gentile", considering the district he represents.

Torres also deals with a lot of disgusting racism from white leftists over this issue, so I think that's sort of made it very personal for him. He absolutely hates this movement by now and I can't really blame him.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2024, 09:17:13 PM »

Why?  This is the argument the pro-Palestinian faction is making.  That you can't logically refute it is not my problem.

I dunno maybe because it’s a disgusting argument that goes down one of two problematic routes we literally just saw play out here. On the one side we got Jfern going down the Nazi path of denying modern Jews have little ties to the Jews of Antiquity and on the other we got you denying that a group of people (Palestinians) have no ties to the land despite living there for hundreds of years

Jews have ties to that land dating back thousands of years.

There have been Jews living continuously in "Palestine" since Biblical times, despite the Diaspora.  They were Arabic-speaking Jews, but they were the continuously there.  At the end of WWI, prior to the Balfour Declaration, there were 56,000 Jews in "Palestine".  During this period. Elizer Beh-Yehuda began to do the work of reviving Hebrew as an everyday language.

Between the wars, there was some Jewish immigration to Palestine.  These were not "colonialist settlers"; they were people fleeing persecution in not just Germany, but in the USSR and in a number of Eastern European nations and even France and Spain.  This was cut short by Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, who agreed to collaborate with Hitler to (A) stop Jews from fleeing to Israel and (B) drive the Jews in "Palestine" out of "Palestine", with no place to go.

Amin al-Husseini is the father of Palestinian Arab Nationalism.  This is not a convenient truth for those trying to push the Palestinian cause today; folks who are convicted as War Criminals in absentia (as the Mufti was), and Palestinian Arab Nationalists, but it's a fact.  Jews in "Palestine" were considered by Palestinian Arabs as "Palestinians"; the Mufti ended that, and redefined Palestinians to exclude the Jews who lived there.  I defy anyone here who is a apologist for Palestinian Arab Nationalist Terror to give an example where any Palestinian "Leader" of consequence rebuked the Mufti.  (People resent my mentioning this forgotten scumbag in history because they cannot defend the failure to rebuke and reject the Mufti's legacy.) 

The Palestinians have spent over 80 years seeking to drive Jews out of Judea and Samaria.  They have engaged in violence against Israel.  They have never acknowledged Israel's right to exist.  Palestinian terrorists and their sympathizers have made their way to America, calling for Intifada against America as well as Israel.  In Arabic, it's "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Arab!"  The "Free" part does not mean "Freedom" as the Constitution would define it.

I have no sympathy for the Palestinian cause at all.  When they agree to recognize Israel's right to exist is the moment I'll be open-minded.  Not until then.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2024, 09:20:34 PM »

Would also mean white folks and basically anybody who isn't native indigenous American should probably leave the North American continent, unless the first nations want to grant them citizenship or permanent residency. The people making these arguments never seem to apply it to North America for some reason...

If you believe that, start packing.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies