Opinion of hippies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:31:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of hippies
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FFs or HP
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Opinion of hippies  (Read 6051 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 04:07:27 AM »

FF

Haha, unless any of you live in Santa Cruz, I probably have more familiarity with hippies than any of y'all.

I live in Eugene, Oregon, where there are many hippies. Go to the Country Fair or the Saturday Market and you'll see. At the latter, a hippy once came up to me and said "Hey, maaaannn, you wanna buy some shrooms?"

I've been to Eugene and hung out there and all, but it doesn't have me beat.  Just last week I was offered mushrooms by some drunk hippie walking down the street (we were walking to the gas station to get a few  beers).

Anyway, my crowd of friends at Berkeley are largely pro-legalization, long-haired, anti-gun law, anti-government interference, capitalist hippies.  We laugh at our liberal professors and poke fun our our conservative ones.

Max

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 04:53:52 AM »

HP. The hippies are the people responsible for the rightwing backalsh and the US being so prudish whne compared to most of the west. For those of you are liberal rmemeber that withouty the hippies we'd probably be signifxantly more left.

Good point.

They're also responsible for the Dems loosing the support of the white working class, the rural lower class and the religious left.

Those people vote for strong unions, high-taxing the rich and social security --> the good, old leftist stuff.

They will never vote for abortion, intellectual arrorance, pod-legalization and feminism --> the hippie stuff.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »

HP. The hippies are the people responsible for the rightwing backalsh and the US being so prudish whne compared to most of the west. For those of you are liberal rmemeber that withouty the hippies we'd probably be signifxantly more left.

Good point.

They're also responsible for the Dems loosing the support of the white working class, the rural lower class and the religious left.

Those people vote for strong unions, high-taxing the rich and social security --> the good, old leftist stuff.

They will never vote for abortion, intellectual arrorance, pod-legalization and feminism --> the hippie stuff.
Thats also true. We'd likely see the GOP Get more domianted by its liberals/libertarians/moderates more. This world would see a semilibertarian centrist GOPand a naitonalist populsit democrast party. I'd be a bit hardcomapre ocmpared to most of the party but I'd fit solidly into the ideolgocial lenasigns of thE GOP.
Max

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 04:20:24 AM »

Thats also true. We'd likely see the GOP Get more domianted by its liberals/libertarians/moderates more. This world would see a semilibertarian centrist GOPand a naitonalist populsit democrast party. I'd be a bit hardcomapre ocmpared to most of the party but I'd fit solidly into the ideolgocial lenasigns of thE GOP.

I agree with what you said, though it was not so easy for me as a non-native speaker to read and understand it. Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 10:17:07 AM »

Hippies are definitely not my favorite adolescent clique - that would be the punk or 'alternative' kids, who actually are more likely to go unshowered.  The unfortunate thing about hippies is that they are too 'positive'.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies