Latest unemployment figures (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:04:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Latest unemployment figures (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latest unemployment figures  (Read 5626 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: March 06, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »

So, I was 'conservative' in my estimate of how much damage that B.O. could do to the economy.

The rate of unemployment is at the stage it was at in December 1983. I'm surprised you're not cheering the fact that Obama is now on par with your hero; indeed, IIRC, the rate of unemployment may actually have been higher still earlier in Reagan's presidency

There is, of course, a world of difference between a Democratic president being in office six to seven weeks and a Republican president being in office three years, however Wink

And if conservatives can blame Carter for what happened under Reagan, then liberals, and pragmatic moderates, can blame George W Bush for what is happening now

I'm not surprised unemployment is continuing to rise - but its causation predates this president. Such is the severity of the sh**tty hand which he was dealt

Dave

This is the right one. I feel like especially when it comes to the economy the causation for what is currently happening goes back quite awhile, not the less than two months of the Obama administration.

We need to be a bit patient, these are desperate times and likely we will not see even the begginning of a recovery for another 6-12 months.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »

Their mere enactment, the rhetoric with which he sells them, and the very real uncertainty about what move the government will make next, is more than enough to effect drastic damage. Who wants to invest, in a political environment like this?

I feel like it is a bit more about the economic environment. Democrats, independents and moderate republicans seem to be supporting Obama and his decisions. It's only the more conservative half or 2/3 or whatever of the republican party that seems to see these measures as bad. Truthfully it kinda makes the republicans look bad...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies