Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huckabee to hold fundraiser in West Bank settlement  (Read 2341 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: August 18, 2015, 06:12:01 PM »

As a person with Palestinian ancestry, this PISSES me off to no end, those settlements are illegal and the fact that Huckabee is holding a fundraiser in an ILLEGAL settlement does nothing but show an uneducated mentality, I am glad he will NEVER be President.

First of all, the settlements are not illegal. It's Israel, they can do whatever they want on THEIR LAND. Pick up a history book, or read something online, the palestinians have absolutely no right to the land, Israel has been beyond generous to have given them land in the past and yet, Israelis are still victims of palestinian terrorism. Anyone who claims otherwise is just dumb/ignorant.

However, I have a fundamental issue with an American presidential candidate doing fundraising on foreign soil, I'm not sure how that's even legal. We Republicans were critical of Bill Clinton/DNC for accepting foreign donations, be it from China, in 1996. Furthermore, I'm with George Bush 41 who was critical of Bill Clinton for going overseas during Vietnam to protest the war - I believe this Iran deal is disastrous, but I wouldn't go to foreign soil and criticize it.

The British promised the Jews some of the land and the Arabs some of the land.  What is so hard to understand about some of the land belonging to Arabs?

Particularly when their idea was to split the land 50/50 despite about 25% of the people there being Jewish and 75% being Arab.

In retrospect, giving roughly 70% of the full area over to the Hashemites was a pretty terrible decision.

All that aside, this is hack-ish and uncouth on Huckabee's part, especially as this is a troublesome outpost that even the center-right knows will have to go.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

I don't care about Israel's illegal settlements - people have fought over every single scrap of land on this earth for all of humanity's history. Those who "own land" are just those with the force to be able to enforce their claims. I say let Israel and Palestine have it out and see who wins.

However candidates clearly bowing down to Israel and doing its bidding, making their priority Israel over the U.S. is just sickening. Israel has walls to keep out unwanted immigrants, and they support that, but don't support it in the U.S. Absolutely disgusting.

Who is "they"? What has Israel said about security fences in the United States?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »

I don't care about Israel's illegal settlements - people have fought over every single scrap of land on this earth for all of humanity's history. Those who "own land" are just those with the force to be able to enforce their claims. I say let Israel and Palestine have it out and see who wins.

However candidates clearly bowing down to Israel and doing its bidding, making their priority Israel over the U.S. is just sickening. Israel has walls to keep out unwanted immigrants, and they support that, but don't support it in the U.S. Absolutely disgusting.

Who is "they"? What has Israel said about security fences in the United States?

"They" referred to American politicians, not Israelis.

Pretty sure Huckabee supports increased border security, so I don't see any hypocrisy there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies