Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:25:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 189862 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »

J-Mann makes a great point and Bushie once again ignores it.

I assume the reason he keeps going back to call centers is because he isn't physically able to handle a retail job. Otherwise, I don't get it. It's always been an Update mystery to me considering he has failed at them each and every time. If a call center had actually been a career option, Bushie wouldn't have gone back for CADD.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »

He could do it, but for whatever reason, he keeps going back to the call centers, where he will inevitably get fired once again.

Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »

If everyone is keeping up, Bushie's latest actions just move me closer to the CADD Truther movement
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 11:22:15 AM »

I love reading about Bushie's weight goals in past Update mini-series! His goal was to make it to 173 pounds and so far he has gained over 50!

But I am getting a bit sad seeing all the former Updaters post who are no longer on the forum Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »

Oh s**t, these mini-series contain the famous pregnancy scare!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »

Oh s**t, these mini-series contain the famous pregnancy scare!

At least Bushie got laid, which is more than half of the humpbacked losers around here can say.  Go Bushie!

Actually, I don't see it. I thought it was in the one about the Arkansas wedding, but I guess he made the pregnancy/red wine announcement in an official Update thread.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty obvious he never finished the program. I just wish he'd give up the act now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »

Bushie has been working at his weight for 5 years now since Update started, and he's gained 50 pounds. He gives us the same spiel.

But we need to lay off of him. He has an addiction and he will never lose weight, as I said years ago. His culture encourages gluttony and unhealthy habits, his parents cook unhealthy food, he knows nothing about cooking and isn't interested in learning, and unfortunately, his fiancee is cut from the same cloth, so nothing will change.

So drop it. He needs to hit rock bottom before he changes, and that will come in either a stroke/heart attack or the death of his parents and the end of his gravy train. So far, yes, he is helpless, as helpless as a 32 year old man can be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »

For now, I am going to focus primarily on my calorie intake.  I feel at this weight, I need to worry about dropping the weight as healthily as possible.  Calories are the best way to do this.  When I get down to a more manageable weight, I can start focusing on other items such as sodium or carbohydrates.

The good news at my job is I am working upstairs and the only way to get up to my classroom and eventual floor is by taking the stairs.  It will be hard on the knees, but climbing 1 floor of stairs 5 times a day may not be much, but it's better than taking the elevator that many times.

So you are basically going to still eat crap, but less of it?  Is that what you are saying?

Also while taking one flight of stairs give times a day is better than nothing, it won't accomplish much.  What other exercising do you have planned?

Yes friend, we've been through this time and time again. He will eat one burger instead of two or leave the cheese off his bacon cheeseburgers, or eat less fries or drink 1 soda instead of two and claim victory.

Rinse, repeat, and we'll be at 300 pounds in no time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »

I'm kind of okay to be returning to the daily weight reports. It is throwback Thursday after all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »

See, it's an addiction. No need to harp on his weight anymore.

What did you have at Braum's?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »

See, it's an addiction. No need to harp on his weight anymore.

What did you have at Braum's?

You don't wanna know...  I burned almost 1,500 calories...  The only consolation (and it's a pitiful consolation) is I got a Diet Dr Pepper instead of regular.  I think I probably saved 500 calories doing that taking into account the refill I got before I left the store.

I do want to know! I don't care about your weight. I know you aren't going to lose any and will not harp on you over it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »

Words fail me. I feel like, at least, sooner or later, he will run out of money, borrowed or otherwise, and no longer be able to afford Braum's. I also reminded of the time he "accidentally" pressed the wrong soda dispenser and gave himself full calorie soda. Good times!

That was an awesome episode! He didn't want to waste the regular soda so he just had to drink it! Hilarious.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

Ben and Jerrys had a 2/$6 deal today and I admit, I pulled a Bushie and bought 5 pints to get me through the last of my 2 weeks of bar prep.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2014, 09:45:02 AM »

Eating out isn't really the issue. I do all the time. It's what he eats that's the issue. Burgers, fries, soda. I ate out last night and had greens, fish, and succotash and I'm sure eating a bunch of stewed okra, beans, tomatoes and onions won't make me fat.

BUT as I said, this is all Bushie knows. I'm not harping on his weight. He won't change. He's obese, his fiancee is obese, his parents are overweight, most of his friends are overweight - why do we think he'd be anything but overweight? Their culture encourages gluttony and they all love country cooking and red meat. Eating healthy, and I don't mean bland boring stuff, I don't eat spinach on my sandwiches, but I mean vegetables prepared with thought and other lean meat isn't encouraged.

He's never going to change. We all know that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »

I'm thinking of having a lunch able out of the vending machine for lunch.  I'll have a slightly bigger dinner tonight after work.

Oh Bushie! Lunchables sound great!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »

We've covered Bushie's religious beliefs before. Yes, they are much different than any other form of Christianity, but he's never going to change his mind there, and none of us know who is right and won't until we die.

I find it bizarre that he believes you can do whatever you want in life and still get into heaven because you claim to believe, but more power to him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »

Maybe bushie is just a really crappy interviewer? Or he's just being lazy trying to find places. I don't know why everyone else would be getting CADD jobs except him, especially since he claims everywhere he looks wants experienced drafters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »

Have you contacted anyone from your class to see how they found their jobs? What methods they used? Who they went through? Are you the only one who hasn't found a job yet out of your class of adults (not high schoolers, I assume they are going to college).

Look, I realize you aren't interested in looking for anyone CADD jobs, but you spent the money on the program and worked for a year to get that degree, so I want to see you get a job in that field.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2014, 02:07:33 PM »

Have you contacted anyone from your class to see how they found their jobs? What methods they used? Who they went through? Are you the only one who hasn't found a job yet out of your class of adults (not high schoolers, I assume they are going to college).

Look, I realize you aren't interested in looking for anyone CADD jobs, but you spent the money on the program and worked for a year to get that degree, so I want to see you get a job in that field.

The only contact I have with them is through my instructor.  I never exchanged personal numbers with them.  The last time I talked with my instructor, which was in early June, he said that the other two Mechanical CAD students graduated and found jobs almost immediately.  I did not ask him how they found the jobs.  The Architectural CAD student had a few leads, but nothing definitive.  One of the Civil CAD students found himself in the hospital shortly after I left and never came back to school.  He was on track to finish this coming Christmas.  The other Civil CAD student finished and I can't remember what he said about his job status.

I would still love to get a CAD job, but one of my problems is I get discouraged real easily and give up too easily and settle for lesser jobs that waste my talent.  Part of that is the feeling of desperation and needing money very quickly and not willing to wait for the right job to come along.  I hate uncertainty.  It drives me nuts.  I settle for a job so I can have some degree of certainty rather than being patient for my dream job.  I had to take this job I have now because finances were starting to get tight and I needed a paycheck and hated to be that big of a burden to Mom and Dad.

I get that you get discouraged, but think about the money you spent on the course! If I make an investment of money or time, I damn well better get a return on it or I won't be happy. Perhaps ask Russ for help or some leads?

Just because you have work now doesn't mean you can't look for CAD jobs. That is why you went back to school after all. Now, you're just doing what you could have been doing a year ago except you're in debt an additional $5,000. Just don't tell the interviewer to call your current employer as a reference.

If you adopt your current plan, you're sure to be stuck in call centers until you're fired next. If you indeed finished the program, then work to find a job. If others have been employed, the "job market" isn't the problem.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2014, 05:19:42 PM »

Just water weight. You haven't been cutting back on eating - you ate burgers, fries, soda, hot dogs and the like all last week.

We all need to stop bothering him about his weight. He has an addiction to food. Until he changes his lifestyle or mindset, nothing will change, and I imagine if he tried to change his lifestyle, his family would not approve. It's his culture that is the root of the problem, as they do not encourage or even embrace a healthy life style, as I bet they view it as evil liberalism that represents the secular coastal living.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »

There are a lot of people out there that do believe in preordination, in that you are chosen to be saved the moment you are conceived and nothing you do on earth can change that, while others are the opposite in that you are chosen to be damned even if you live a pious life.

This, of course, is totally insane to me. I've always been taught and believed that we all have free will to do in our lives what we wish, and we will be judged by those actions when we die should all of this exist.

I do know people who have epiphanies in their lives and turn themselves around and change totally, but the Bushie is not one of those people. He just has accepted Christ yet continues to act as he always has. That's what is confusing to me about his beliefs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »

Why do you refuse to call, or respond to any questions about calling??   This shouldn't be that difficult and is part of the reason why many of us believe you didn't get the certificate.  Your actions don't make any sense.

Bushie has a strange aversion to using telephones; remember he would drive to places so he could hand deliver applications or ask questions that he could easily do over the phone or online, like when he drove all the way to Alva, OK to see if he could complete his computer science degree when a simple phone call could have saved him time and money.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2014, 10:04:36 PM »

Things must not be good at the new job. Bushie always clings to God more and more when the things are bad.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »

I love how the blacks comment came out of nowhere. Brilliant by Bushie to inject some controversy in the Update for a few days. Now we are all left wondering if his problems with his job are due to him being a minority at his workplace.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies