Election 2020: The Game!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:29:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 80574 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »

Joni Ernst Campaign Schedule: October 6-8, 2019
Putting America First

October 6 - Ernst returned to Reno where she barnstormed, held another rally, and another town hall. She commented on recent news events there.

“Tonight, I would like us to have a moment of silence for the attack on Rome and our thoughts and prayers are, as always with the victims. We are Rome! (moment of silence) This attack was perpetrated by the terrorist group ISIS. We must show ISIS and similar groups that, attacks like these, on freedom and our culture shall not stand. We must eradicate and eviscerate ISIS once and for all! As president, I will strategically take out specific ISIS targets while making sure that such events do not happen here in the United States of America. You should be afraid, with such dangers in the world under a horrible president, but under my presidency, you won’t need to.”

October 7 - Ernst flew back to Iowa for a quick press conference in Des Moines. She was asked about Comey’s Clinton comments, and responded with “Clinton has been a weak and corrupt leader, and this isn’t surprising. What is surprising is that people would vote for the person who let her off the hook.” She was also asked about the new economic report.

“The staggering number of lost jobs is astounding. We haven’t seen this many lost jobs since the early Obama presidency. But I’m not sure what we were expecting, considering the lack of strong leadership coming from the Clinton administration. What is surprising is that the unemployment rate isn’t higher. The Bureau of Labor Statistics could be getting pressure from the Clintons to sugarcoat the numbers like they did with Comey and the emails. But we can’t be sure. At any rate, the economy will be stronger if I get the chance to cut regulations and enhance infrastructure once elected president.”

October 8 - Joni Ernst arrived in Dallas where she spent the morning in a town hall, and the entire afternoon preparing for the debate. In the town hall, she was asked about the event in Pakistan.

“The failure of Clinton’s leadership and Obama’s Iran deal have crippled the situation in the Middle East. We should be doing everything in our power to ensure that nobody who doesn’t already have nuclear weapons gets nuclear weapons. The Iran deal will be shredded as soon as I am in the Oval office and we will begin dealing with the terrorists instead of making deals with the terrorists. This country needs a strong leader to ensure peace through strength and put American ideals first.”

October 9-12 will come after the debate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #176 on: August 10, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »

Can I join as independent Senator Angus King
R/H
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »

Can I join as independent Senator Angus King

Yes
R/H
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 09:57:22 AM by R/H »

Republican Presidential Debate in Dallas on October 8, 2019

Participatants : Florida Senator Marco Rubio, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, Iowa Senator Joni Ernst, Former FBI Director James Comey, Colorado Senator Cory Gardner, Ohio Senator John Kasich and Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton

Moderated by Anderson Cooper and CNN

Debate music theme : CNN America's Choice

United States' National Anthem

Opening statements of each Republican presidential candidate

Questions to the candidates :

• What's your plan to get us energy independence?
  • What's your plan to get business growing again?
  • Senator Rubio, you said recently that abortion is not only killing unborn children but is also bad for the economy. What do you mean?
  • Senator Ernst, you said recently that Black Lives Matter should be considered as terrorist. Can you tell the audience why considering this movement as terrorist will not affect negatively the Republican Party's chances of wooing African-American voters?
  • Should Hillary Clinton be impeached if the Congress were to decide to initiate such a procedure?
  • What would be the conditions to a military intervention in Iran?
  • Recently, North Korea made military exercises near the demilitarized zone between the two Koreas. What is your plan to maintain peace on the Pacific and avoid any war with North Korea?
  • Three years ago, the Republican Party made one of it's worst electoral performances in it's history. What are the lessons that your party should learn from 2016 in order to correct the mistakes of 2016 and then win in 2020?

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2016, 09:20:04 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2016, 09:30:30 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's responses to the questions during the Republican debate in Dallas

-What's your plan to get us energy independence?

This economic downturn that we are living today is likely to lead us to a third oil crisis, which is absolutely the last thing we need. The first element of my plan is to double permits on federal lands. Now that our party has the control of both Houses of the Congress, we have a great opportunity to pass the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada to Texas, which will create at least 80 000 jobs. Now the last step to build this pipeline is to elect a Republican in the White House. And I take the pledge of passing a bill allowing the construction of Keystone XL for the sake of our economy. With a Rubio administration, we will also increase our energy independence by multiplying our oil wells, building pipelines, particularly between Western Pennsylvania and California (both lands rich in oil and gas reserves) and from Alaska to Alberta. We also need to drill ANWR's oil reserves and to manufacture more underwater tankers that will be able to exploit oilfields under water as well as more oil platforms. That way, we'll have the capacity to exploit these resources easily and safely without any danger, especially in the Arctic, a strategic region with great potential, including an abundance of oil and gas, particularly on the Alaskan coasts and the Beaufort Sea. We must secure these resources before the Russians do and exploit and drill these oil and gas reserves to create new jobs and increase our energy independence. Increasing oil production will allow us to invest a part of oil drilling revenue for alternative energy for the good of our economy and our environment. My energy plan will boost our automotive industry by making our cars less expensive, increasing car manufacturing in America, encouraging our consumers to buy more Americans than Asian cars thanks to a stronger purchasing power and by saving save Great Lakes cities (like Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, etc., where automotive industry is the main economic activity) from bankruptcy. That's how we will get energy independence by 2035 and keep our status as the first worldwide oil producer.

-What's your plan to get business growing again?

We have to cut taxes for all Americans and for all business owners in order to increase their capacity of hiring, innovating and expanding. We need to give tax credits for business investing in R & D to ensure innovation. We also have reduce the cost of doing business in America, thus allowing us to attract new businesses here in the United States and our future entrepreuneurs to create new ones, just like South Carolina is doing to attract businesses by beeing one of the states where the cost of doing business is the lowest. If it worked in South Carolina, then it can work all across America by being one of the countries where the cost of doing business is the lowest.

-Senator Rubio, you said recently that abortion is not only killing unborn children but is also bad for the economy. What do you mean?

Well you know, Anderson, that one of the main reasons why the Glorious Thirty (1945-1972) was so prosperous was the great number of young baby boomers who were ready to integrate the workforce. Today, it's exactly the opposite :  many baby boomers are going to entitlement, thus hurting our workforce and slowing our GDP and our economy. So we need younger people to replace them and we can't do it if we kill these young people before they are born. If we want longer term economic growth and prosperity, we need to fight abortion in order to let future generations live and make sure that our workforce will get stronger and stronger, making our economy growing again.

-Senator Ernst, you said recently that Black Lives Matter should be considered as terrorist. Can you tell the audience why considering this movement as terrorist will not affect negatively the Republican Party's chances of wooing African-American voters?

(Senator Ernst's response)

-Should Hillary Clinton be impeached if the Congress were to decide to initiate such a procedure?

I think she should, because she lied over and over and over again to the American people about her emails, deleted 30 000 emails that she doesn't want to be disovered by the authorities, used a private email server rather than a governmental one, thus allowing America's foes to hijack her emails and to put lives in danger. Impeaching Hillary Clinton will put an end to a long record of untrustworthiness, weakness and insecurity. This too is putting America's interests first by fighting for integrity.

-What would be the conditions to a military intervention in Iran?

First of all, the military option will be the last one, but we should not put this option out of the table. We should instead be ready for everything. In the first 100 days of my presidency, I will rip the so-called Iran deal because Tehran violated it. I will re-establish diplomatic and economic sanctions against Iran to stop capital from falling into Tehran's hands for the development of their nuclear arsenal. I will extend the War on Terror against Hezbollah to stop them from contributing to the nuclearization of Iran and threatening Israel, America's interests and freedom of religion. Alongside Iran's regional foes such as India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Turkey and Israel, I will build a great intergovernmental military alliance to deter Iran from getting nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism. If Iran crosses the red line, we will take action, but we won't be alone thanks to the regional military alliance that I will build as President because we have a common goal with our allies in the Middle East : stopping Iran from being a nuclear military power. If Tehran crosses the red line, we will destroy all Iranian nuclear facilities through airstrikes, thus making Iran unable to build nuclear weapons and forcing the Iranian government to step back and use Iranian nuclear energy for other purposes than military purposes, especially to develop Iran's economy and electricity's industry for the sake of the Iranian people that is struggling to prosper and find good-paying jobs in Iran.

-Recently, North Korea made military exercises near the demilitarized zone between the two Koreas. What is your plan to maintain peace on the Pacific and avoid any war with North Korea?

We have to reinforce the U.S. Navy's presence on the Pacific and to establish an anti-missile shield in the Pacific. In order to avoid any war with North Korea and to reinforce security on the Pacific Ocean, I will build a intergovernmental military organization similar to NATO, but this time circling the Pacific Ocean and including the United States and all their allies around the Pacific. This will deter Pyongyang from triggering a war against it's neighbors or an arms race that will affect East Asia's stability and security.

-Three years ago, the Republican Party made one of it's worst electoral performances in it's history. What are the lessons that your party should learn from 2016 in order to correct the mistakes of 2016 and then win in 2020?

In 2016, our party turned it's back to female voters, young voters and minority voters, especially Hispanics, African-American, Asian-Americans, etc., which led Hillary Clinton to victory and allowed another four years of depression and weakness. Today, Hispanic voters represent over 15 % of the electorate and all Millenials will be eligible to vote. On this stage, I'm greatest defender of the American Dream and a great supporter of innovation and modernization. We need to be an inclusive party, a party for all Americans. I take the pledge of being President of the United States for all Americans whether or not they will vote for me. In this time of crisis, young people are struggling to find a job. We need to embrace school choice to give young people more opportunities and help them to find a job. That way, the Republican Party will be able to attract minorities and young people.
R/H
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2016, 08:43:19 PM »

Now begins the fifth round!
R/H
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2016, 09:39:02 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 08:33:01 PM by R/H »

New polls

As Tim Ashe gets closer and closer to Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Primary polls, Marco Rubio is now the leader in the Republican Primary polls. Rubio's success is due to his strong debate performance in Dallas. Many Republican voters looking for a candidate with clear foreign policy experience orientate toward Rubio in a time in which Islamic terrorism threat persists due to terrorist attacks in Rome and in which Iran's nuclear threat emerges again due to the recent events in Pakistan. Thanks to Governor Chris Sununu's support, Rubio increased his lead in New Hampshire. Rarely present on the campaign trail during the previous week, Paul Ryan fell by two percentage points in the national polls. Joni Ernst re-emerged by a few points in the polls partly due to recent international events mentioned above. Because of his lack of political experience and his poor debate performance, James Comey's surge stopped and the former FBI director starts going down in the polls. Cory Gardner and John Kasich didn't really move in the polls. Due to events in Pakistan, Tom Cotton increased his poll standing by only one point, which will not be enough to change the course of this campaign in his favor.

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Tim Ashe : 36 %

Marco Rubio : 22 %
Paul Ryan : 18 %
Joni Ernst : 15 %
James Comey : 11 %
Cory Gardner : 8 %
John Kasich : 7 %
Tom Cotton : 2 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Tim Ashe : 38 %

Joni Ernst : 24 %
Paul Ryan : 15 %
Marco Rubio : 13 %
James Comey : 12 %
Cory Gardner : 6 %
John Kasich : 4 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 47 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Marco Rubio : 27 %
Paul Ryan : 15 %
John Kasich : 14 %
Joni Ernst : 11 %
Cory Gardner : 10 %
Tom Cotton : 1 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 65 %
Tim Ashe : 23 %

Marco Rubio : 22 %
Paul Ryan : 17 %
Joni Ernst : 13 %
Cory Gardner : 9 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 54 %
Tim Ashe : 32 %

Marco Rubio : 28 %
Paul Ryan : 14 %
Cory Gardner : 12 %
Joni Ernst : 7 %
Tom Cotton : 1 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 58 %
Tim Ashe : 28 %

Marco Rubio : 20 %
Paul Ryan : 20 %
Joni Ernst : 14 %
James Comey : 13 %
Cory Gardner : 8 %
John Kasich : 5 %

SENATOR MARCO RUBIO WINS THE DEBATE

Florida Senator Marco Rubio triumphed during the Republican debate in Dallas. Many alysts judged that he gave the strongest responses and arguments when it comes, particularly, to how to deal with America's geopolitical foes, to economic issues, to the American Dream and abortion. In addition, his remarks about how to create economic opportunities for the Hispanic community received great applause.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2016, 06:08:38 AM by GoTfan »

Angus King for President!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Senator King announcing his independent Presidential bid in Augusta, captial of Maine

King 2020: Let's Take America Back!
R/H
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2016, 08:01:03 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 06:28:56 AM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Russian airstrikes against the Ukrainian army in Donetsk

Russian air forces led air strikes against Ukrainian armed forces that were leading a military offensive against the pro-Russian rebellion in Donetsk. Approximately 76 Ukrainian soldiers were killed by these attacks led by Russian air forces. The United States and their Western allies condemned these raids and decided to increase diplomatic and economic sanctions against Moscow.

Russia tried to kill Albey Ahmed Berri, leader of the Free Syrian Army

In an attempt to support it's ally Bachar al-Assad in order to defend Russia's economic interests in Syria, the Russian armed forces launched airstrikes in Aleppo to kill Albey Ahmed Berri, leader of the Free Syrian Army. But Berri survived and blamed, alongside the United States and their allies, Russia for it's military support to Assad and for focusing on destroying the Syrian rebellion rather than ISIS.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio : South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, Former Chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party John H. Sununu

Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2016, 04:15:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

Major Announcement from the Kasich Campaign

Thank you. Thank you very much. A few months ago, we started our campaign. And I would like to thank all of you for your support. It has been my pleasure traveling across the country and meeting great people. Four years ago, I was one of seventeen candidates in a historically large and diverse field. This year, the field was not as large. But our party still has a long, divided primary season ahead this cycle. Three years ago, as a result of the bitterly-fought primaries that divided our party through the general election cycle, we suffered a massive loss in the election, giving us four more years of the weak policies of the Obama administration. Because I do not see a very clear path forward, I am announcing that I will be suspending my campaign for president to keep the field from being too divided. I will not make an endorsement during the primary season, but I will support the Republican nominee. Now that I am suspending my campaign, I will return to the US Senate and serve out the six year term I was elected to serve, and work to balance the budget and get America on the right track there. I look forward to working with a Republican administration next year. Thank you and God bless.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »

King 2020

Schedule for October 6-12 2019

October 6
-Announce candidacy in Augusta, Maine
-Rally in Portland, Maine
-Barnstorm in Hancock County, Maine
-Barnstorm in Penobscot County, Maine
-Meet with students and lecturers at the University of Maine

October 7
-Build campaign infrastructure in Maine (all day)

October 8
-Fly to Los Angeles, California
-Appearance on New Rules with Bill Maher
-Build campaign infrastructure in California (remainder of day)

October 9
-Rally in San Diego, California
-Policy Speech in Santa Clara, California: "Why Corporations Are Destroying our Democracy"
-Barnstorm in Fresno County,
-Barnstorm in Mariposa County, California
-Town Hall in San Francisco, California

October 10
-Continue building campaign infrastructure in California
-Fly to New Hampshire

October 11
-Rally in Dover, New Hampshire
-Barnstorm in Strafford County, New Hampshire
-Host public lunch in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Barnstorm in Belknap County, New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Concord, New Hampshire

October 12
-Build campaign infrastructure in New Hampshire
-Fundraiser in Manchester, New Hampshire
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2016, 01:23:09 PM »

Joni Ernst has decided that she isn't going to win and is dropping out to focus on her Senate campaign. She has said she isn't going to endorse until after the nominee has become clear. Also, I came up with a timeline idea and want to spend time working on it.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 08:44:03 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020, Right here, Right Now : Week of Oct. 13 2019- Oct. 19, 2019, Part 1

October 13th, 2019
-Speech in reaction of the Russian raids in Ukraine and Syria - Pease Air National Guard Base, Portsmouth, New Hampshire :
Over the last few days, Russia demonstrated once again it's collaboration with America's foes. These events showed that Russia cannot be trusted on ensuring security, freedom and peace. After Russia tried to kill the leader of the Free Syrian Army Albey Ahmed Berri, it's clear that Vladimir Putin is much more interested in defending his ally Bachar al-Assad than destroying ISIS. When we will intervene militarily with our allies in Syria, we will not only eradicate ISIS but also topple the Assad's tyrannical regime in order to restore peace, freedom and justice in that country and to free Syria from Russia's insanity. By bombarding our Ukrainian allies in Donetsk to support the pro-Russian rebellion, Russia showed once again its selfishness and his willing to defend its local economic interests. Russia is supporting terrorists that want to destabilize Ukraine, one of our greatest allies in Eastern Europe. Now is the time to label these pro-Russian separatists as terrorists and to stand with Ukraine. We need to reinforce our military presence on the Black Sea, to train the Ukrainian army and to arm it in order to ensure the Ukrainian armed forces' readiness to fight effectively the terrorists supported by Russia. The pro-Russian rebellion will have no decent chance against a well-armed and trained Ukrainian army using American military arsenal and techniques. We will then reinforce the security at the borders between Ukraine and Russia. By increasing our military presence on the Black Sea, we will not only reinforce security in the region but also ensure Crimea's retrocession to Ukraine. This can't happen under Hillary Clinton's weak and naive leadership, but it will happen under my strong and wise leadership.

-Economic policy speech at the Mount Washington Valley Economic Council in Conway, NH
-Health Care policy at the Echo Group in Conway, NH
-Meet with the voters at the Granite State College in Claremont, NH
-Dinner with the voters at Ramunto's in Claremont, NH
-Town Hall alongside former New Hampshire Governor John H. Sununu announcing his endorsement to Marco Rubio in Claremont, NH
-Energy policy at Lempster Mountain Wind Power Project in Lempster, NH

October 14th, 2019
-Flight to Columbus, Ohio, in an attempt to court Ohio Republican voters, especially former Kasich supporters
-Speech in reaction of John Kasich's withdrawal - Columbus, Ohio :
We learned yesterday that Senator John Kasich has quit this race. I'm grateful of his contribution to the conservative cause and to America's cause. During his time as Governor of Ohio, he reduced the size of government, diversified Ohio's economy and balanced the budget more than once, which cut this state's unemployment by half in only five years (2010-2015). In 1982, in the beginning of the Reagan Revolution, he was elected in the House of Representatives and became a member of the House Armed Services Committee. Just like Ronald Reagan, John Kasich and I understand that pursuing economic growth has always been and will remain one of our greatest priorities because it allowed us and will always allow us to grow our navy and rebuild our military, which will help us to defend our allies, to reinforce peace and security around the world and to win the War on Terror just as we won the Cold War. If I'm President, we will grow this economy through energy independence by expanding oil production, which will then help us diversifying our economy by exploiting alternative energies, through free trade, through education system reform and through championing American businesses. This economic agenda will not only create jobs but also balance the budget. Under my administration, a part of the budget surplus will be used to increase our troops' readiness and to modernize U.S. military equipment, which will further reinforce national and international security. That way, we will reverse this situation of depression under Hillary Clinton and get our country in the right direction leading us to prosperity, justice and security. Thank you! God bless Senator Kasich, God bless Ohio and God bless America.

-Build campaign infrastructure in Ohio
-Speech ahead of the voters and the students at the Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
-Economic policy at the Columbus Steel Castings in Columbus, OH

-Economic and energy policy speech at the American Electric Power (AEP), Columbus :
Alongside Pennsylvania, Ohio is considered as oil industry's birthplace in addition of being the third nationwide oil producer after California and Texas. So Ohio has a great role to play to get us energy independence. President Clinton doesn't understand oil's importance into transition to energy independence and increased dramatically regulations on oil production and export, which is making us more dependent on foreign oil and killed tens of thousands of jobs. Now is the time to reverse this tendency and to increase permits on federal lands, to build more oil wells in order to increase oil drilling, exploitation and production. Like I pledged, I will build a transcontinental pipeline from Pennsylvania to California by the way of the Ohio Shale to increase oil production as well as the production and transport of oil barrels, which, according to economists, will create 100 000 new jobs. It will boost our automotive industry by encouraging automobile manufacturing here in America and prevent further bankruptcies like the one that happened in Detroit. Jeep, headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, represents a great example of such a procedure. Energy independence will lower American cars' prices, which will encourage consumers to buy more American cars and will give us a great advantage in the Trans-Pacific Partnership because our cars will be less expensive than Asian cars. It will also help us getting energy independence and economic diversification, which requires, partly, the encouragement of electricity production, but President Clinton declared war on coal, a basic source of energy, needed to produce electricity. Hillary Clinton's regulations and taxes on coal industry killed a massive number of jobs in this sector and those people now out of work are struggling to find a job. President Clinton's offensive on oil, gas, coal sent energy and manufacturing jobs to China, the greatest worldwide coal miner. We need to abolish regulations on these industries and to take advantage on coal not only to create jobs and to lead us to energy independence but also to increase the production of electricity and heat for our fellow citizens. That's how we will increase job and business creation not only here in Ohio but also all across America when I'm President of the United States. Thank you!
-Fundraising event at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in Columbus, OH

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2016, 08:58:11 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2016, 09:14:52 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio for President 2020, Right here, Right Now : Week of Oct. 13 2019-Oct. 19, 2019, Part 2

October 15th, 2019
-Breakfast with the voters at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in Columbus, OH
-Economic policy speech at the Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, OH
-Rally at the Cleveland Hispanic Humadaop in Cleveland, OH
-Town Hall at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH :
Three years ago, our party made one of its worst electoral performances of its history. The consequence of the 2016 election was four more years of failed economic policies, weak foreign policy and national division. We need to embrace free market policies to boost the U.S. Economy through energy independence, free trade, innovation, education system reform, tax cuts for businesses, budget balance and infrastructure development with a part of the future budget surplus under my presidency. We also need to stand with our allies, to increase defense spending, modernize our military and to give more efforts to defeat Islamic terrorism, to stop Russia's expansionist policies, stop Iran from becoming a nuclear military power and to maintain peace and stability on the Pacific Ocean against North Korea's agression. This agenda requires electing a Republican in the White House, but we can't do it without Ohio and minority voters. In 2020, Hispanics will constitute 15 % of the population and all Millennials will be eligible to vote. I'm the only candidate in this race who can bring our party together and attract minority voters and young people because as one of them I understand their concerns. Six decades ago, my parents came in America from Cuba to find economic opportunities and live the American Dream. Thanks to their hard work, they made the lives of their children better than theirs. We need to be more inclusive towards the Hispanic community and to fix our immigration system. I attend to do so. In San Antonio, I unveiled my plan to create economic opportunities for the Hispanic community through giving them the chance of learning English while allowing them to keep their language and cultural heritage, through school choice promotion and through free trade with Latin America, which help Hispanics to earn the chance to prosper, to live better lives and give their children a bright future. This message will inspire Hispanics to follow our agenda and vote Republican in order to restore the American Dream as I pledge to do as President. As a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Select Committee on Intelligence in the Senate, I have the best foreign policy experience to counter Hillary Clinton's weak foreign policy record in which she failed to pursue War on Terror, to stand up for territorial integrity against Russia and to deter North Korea's agression. I got support from both the Tea Party and our party's establishment, which will help the Republican Party to reunite together, to defeat Hillary Clinton and to provide my optimistic agenda if I'm the Republican nominee, then President of the United States of America. Thank you! God bless you all!

-Agriculture policy at Richmond Agriculture in Cleveland, OH
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa   
-Law and order speech in Des Moines, Iowa

October 16th, 2019
-Economic policy speech at the Kum & Go in West Des Moines, IA
-Research and development policy speech at the Iowa State University of Science and Technology in Ames, IA
-Fundraising dinner at the Central Iowa Expo in Ames, IA
-Rally with the farmers and the voters at the Central Iowa Expo in Ames, IA
-Speech at the Rockwell Collins headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Social security policy speech at the Transamerica Corporation headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA

October 17th, 2019
-Breakfast with the voters at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cedar Rapids in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Town Hall at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex in Cedar Rapids, IA

-Cedar Rapids, IA, Speech Veteran’s Memorial Building in response of Joni Ernst's dropping out of the race :
For only a few months, Joni Ernst and I were opponents until she dropped out of the race yesterday. Senator Ernst is a woman of integrity, courage and honor. I am proud of Senator Ernst's contribution to the fight against terrorism by serving in the United States Army in Iraq, of her work to improve services to our veterans and of her promotion of American values and conservative values. In the Senate, I successfully introduced a bill which once signed into law empowered the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans like Joni Ernst than bureaucrats. It's another kind of gratitude to our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America's security and liberty. Despite dropping out of the presidential race, Senator Ernst will keep fighting for conservatism by seeking to keep the U.S. Senate under a Republican majority, which I hope will expand in 2020, thus contributing to America's prosperity through reducing the size of government and promoting free market policies and to America's security by contributing to an increase of defense spending needed to modernize our military and deploy all the necessary forces (ground, air and maritime forces) to defeat radical Islamic terrorism and tyranny around the world, stand up against Russia's agression, stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons and supporting terrorism and ensure stability on the Pacific Ocean against North Korea's nuclear threat and China's expansionist policies. Thanks to Senator Ernst's help to keep our majority in the Senate, we will defend the Second Amendment and save unborn children from dying prematurely through abortion. That's what she seeks to do as Senator and that's what seek to do as President of the United States. As of January 20th 2021, when I will be inaugurated as President of the United States, I will keep working with Senator Ernst by sign  into law bills that will get America back on track and on the right direction.
Thank you! God bless Joni Ernst and her supporters, God bless Iowa and God bless America.

-Rally at the Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, IA

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »

Marco Rubio for President 2020, Right here, Right Now : Week of Oct. 13 2019-Oct. 19, 2019, Part 3

October 18th, 2019
-Fundraising event at the Junge Park in Davenport, IA
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Foreign policy speech at Paris Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV :
Here we stand, in front of the replica of the Eiffel Tower, built in Paris in 1889 to celebrate the centennial of the French Revolution that freed the French people from tyranny and corruption and during which was signed the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, a rampart defending the following values that we are sharing : « liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression ». But in the last few years, ISIS committed two terrorist attacks in Paris in 2015 and expanded its operations around the world through further terrorist attacks, threatening our values of liberty, gender equality, justice, freedom of religion and freedom of speech. After every of those attacks emerged solidarity campaigns in defence of freedom. But Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton neglected the fight for freedom by cutting defense spending needed to fight radical Islamic terrorism and prevent further terrorist attacks. As President, I will not only increase defense spending and our military's readiness but also strengthen our military alliances because we have common goals with our allies : reinforcing security and defending liberty, justice and integrity. By deploying ground troops and expanding our military alliances, we will destroy radical Islamic terrorists, whether it's ISIS, Al Qaida, Hezbollah, Al-Nusra Front, Al-Shabaab or Boko Haram, then assist countries in the throes of terrorism in their reconstruction by training new armed forces, building houses, schools, groceries, markets, hospitals and police stations as well as by creating democratic institutions to reinforce security, freedom, democracy and justice, which will reinforce peace and save many innocent lives around the world as well as liberty and justice.

-Fundraising event at the Freemont Street Casino in Las Vegas, NV
-Economic policy speech at the Zappos headquarters in Las Vegas, NV :
Nevada represents a great example of the too large size of government taxing and regulating the American people, our companies and our industries. Over 80 % of Nevada's land is under government jurisdiction, which is weakening dramatically the American people's purchasing power and entrepreneurial spirit and contributed to the loss of too many jobs. When I'm President of the United States, I will grow our economy by cutting taxes and regulations for all the American people and for American business owners and by reducing the cost of doing business in America and making sure that this country will be among the countries in the world where the cost of doing business will be at the lowest in order to help businesses hiring more people, to innovate, to expand and to create new jobs. In addition, our businesses will grow through free trade and tariff reduction that will lower the costs of exporting and importing and get us more consumers around the world. That's how our businesses and the American people will prosper while putting government aside.

-Advertisement filming   
-Fundraising supper at the Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas, NV

October 19th, 2019
-Breakfast with the voters at the Palazzo Hotel in Las Vegas, NV
-Immigration policy speech at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas, NV
-Economic policy speech at the Wal-Mart facility in Henderson, NV
-Fundraising event at the Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, NV
-Meet with the voters at the Nevada State College in Henderson, NV
-Meet with the voters at the Galleria at Sunset in Henderson, NV
R/H
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:06 PM »

The fifth turn is over. Now begins the sixth one. The polls, the news and the endorsements will be ready tommorow.
R/H
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2016, 07:28:13 AM »

New polls

After John Kasich and Joni Ernst dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination, the polls' tendency dramatically changed. Kasich's and Ernst's withdrawals reinforced Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan as the two main contenders for the nomination after they managed to seduce a great part of Ernst's and Kasich's former supporters. Now that the Iowa Senator is out of the race and focuses on her re-election campaign to the Senate, the Iowa caucuses just become more competitive : Ryan  narrowly leads Rubio by only one percentage point. Due to the Ohio Senator's withdrawal and to John H. Sununu's endorsement, Rubio reinforced his lead in New Hampshire. Thanks to Senator Lindsey Graham's endorsement, the Florida Senator also increased his favorite status in South Carolina. In part because of Ernst's withdrawal, Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton increased his standing in national polls by four points. But the question is will he be able to catch his rivals and become a top-tier candidate.

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 52 %
Tim Ashe : 34 %

Marco Rubio : 30 %
Paul Ryan : 24 %
James Comey : 14 %
Tom Cotton : 6 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 48 %
Tim Ashe : 37 %

Paul Ryan : 22 %
Marco Rubio : 21 %
James Comey : 17 %
Cory Gardner : 13%
Tom Cotton : 8 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 46 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %

Marco Rubio : 34 %
Paul Ryan : 21 %
Cory Gardner : 14 %
Tom Cotton : 4 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 66 %
Tim Ashe : 23 %

Marco Rubio : 31 %
Paul Ryan : 23 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 55 %
Tim Ashe : 35 %

Marco Rubio : 33 %
Paul Ryan : 18 %
Cory Gardner : 15 %
Tom Cotton : 3 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 59 %
Tim Ashe : 27 %

Marco Rubio : 27 %
Paul Ryan : 26 %
James Comey : 16 %
Tom Cotton : 7 %
R/H
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2016, 09:02:17 AM »

BREAKING NEWS

Matter of security in Japan

Due to recent North Korean military exercises at the Korean demilitarized zone, the Japanese people is divided on whether Japan should revise the ninth amendment of its constitution signed at the end of World War II and arm itself against North Korea's agression in order to ensure Japan's security. According to a new poll, 46 % of the Japanese favor this idea while 49 % oppose and 5 % are still undecided.

Justin Trudeau re-elected Prime Minster of Canada but with a minority government

On October 21st, Canadian voters went to the polls in a context of growing terrorist threat and economic decline due to rising debt, to oil industry's decline, to a protectionist tendency and to the weakening worldwide economic situation. The Liberal Party won the election with 149 seats, followed by the Conservative Party led by Peter MacKay who won 126 seats, by the New Democratic Party led by Alexandre Boulerice who won 45 seats, by the Bloc Québécois led by Xavier Barsalou-Duval who won 15 seats and by the Green Party led by Elizabeth May who won 3 seats.

Endorsements

Marco Rubio Sad Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, Arizona Senator and 2008 Republican presidential nominee John McCain
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2016, 03:19:07 AM »

Cory Gardner drops out of race, endorses Rubio.

"I'd like to thank all the people that volunteered for my campaign. Looking at the state of the race, it's clear that I have not a shot at winning the nomination. I've decided to focus on my re-election campaign as Senator from Colorado. I have still a lot of work to do for my great state.
The republican field is composed by fantastic candidates and I'm sure that all of them would be better than the democratic candidates running. All GOP candidates are great candidates, but I think that the best nominee would be Marco Rubio. He's the right man for a new American century. He will help us winning again among Hispanics and all minorities, that Donald Trump alienated in 2016. I'm proud to endorse him and I look forward to campaign with him all across the nation and to help him win here in Colorado, both in the primary and in the general election."

I've already skipped a round and I have 0 chances to win. I'd like to thank R/H for his fantastic job.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:59 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 07:45:50 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's presidential campaign : Week of Oct. 20, 2019-Oct. 26, 2019, Part 1

October 20th, 2019
-Flight to Phoenix, Arizona
-Town hall meeting with the voters alongside Senator John McCain announcing his endorsement to Marco Rubio - Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix, AZ :
During his Senate career, Marco Rubio demonstrated strong leadership in order to get America back on track through conservative solutions. As a proud foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution, I think we need a candidate with the right foreign policy experience and promoting a strong foreign policy and national defense in this time of growing terrorism. We need to modernize and strengthen our military in order to reinforce our national security, defend our allies and defeat radical Islamic terrorism as well as tyranny around the world. That's exactly what Marco will do as President of the United States. I appreciate Marco's contribution into the improvement of the services given to military veterans like me by reforming the VA because many of these veterans are war heroes and some of them became POWS, just as it happened to me in Vietnam. But some of these POWS came back home with sequalae that pushed them to suicide. We can't let this happen we must take care of our veterans. That's what Senator Rubio did and will do again as President. He will fix our immigration system and make our country more inclusive towards immigrants who come here to live better lives and flee oppression and violence. After losing the 2008 presidential election, I understood the reason the main demographic reason of my defeat to Barack Obama : my weak electoral performance among Latinos. As one of them, Marco Rubio will be able to attract them, thus growing our party, because he understands their problems and concerns. That's how he's going to do what I couldn't have : winning the general election and get our country back on track with free market policies and a conservative optimistic agenda as President of the United States. For all these reasons, I give my endorsement to my friend Marco Rubio our next president and commander-in-chief.

-Economic policy speech at the Freeport-McMoRan headquarters in Phoenix, AZ
-Fundraising event at Avnet, Inc. in Phoenix, AZ
-Speech at the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Phoenix, AZ
-Meet with the voters at the University of Phoenix in Phoenix, AZ

October 21st, 2019
-Flight to San Diego   
-Fundraising in San Diego, CA
-Foreign policy speech at the National Steel and Shipbuilding Company headquarters in San Diego, CA
-Meet with the voters at the University of California in San Diego, CA
-Dinner with the voters at the Chinawok in San Diego, CA
-Space policy at the San Diego Air & Space Museum in San Diego, CA

October 22nd, 2019
-Meet with the voters at the Anaheim University
-Immigration policy speech at the Immigration Solution Services in Anaheim, CA
-Law and order speech in Anaheim, CA
-Meet with the voters at the Anaheim Plaza in Anaheim, CA
-Economic and energy policy speech at the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce in Los Angeles, CA
-Free Trade policy speech at the Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2016, 07:42:44 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 07:46:13 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's presidential campaign : Week of Oct. 20, 2019-Oct. 26, 2019, Part 2

October 23nd, 2019
-Breakfast at The Griddle Cafe in Los Angeles, CA
-Meet with the voters at the Chinatown in Los Angeles, CA, to woo the Asian-American voters
-Meet with the voters at the Koreatown in Los Angeles, CA
-Speech at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, CA :
Two years ago, the magnificent city of Los Angeles has been selected to host the Summer Olympics in 2024. As a patriot, I am proud of it. But the economic downturn that we are living now is threatening these promising Olympics just like the Great Depression did to the 1932 Olympics here in Los Angeles. Because of the Great Depression, fewer than half of the worldwide participants were present because many nations and athletes didn't have the necessary money to pay the trip to Los Angeles. Even President Hoover was absent. I don't want this kind of scenario to repeat itself. Under my leadership as President of the United States, we will grow and fix this economy. This requires partly reducing taxes for all the American people and for business owners to encourage them to compete, innovate, produce and hire. It also requires taking advantage of all our resources to clinch energy independence, encouraging free trade to ensure our competitiveness in the world economy and our companies' expansion and balancing the budget. In the next four years, we will develop all the necessary infrastructure to make the 2024 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles dynamic and successful. That way, the American people will feel patriotic, which is the strength of our nation.

-Meet with the voters at the voters at the University of California in Los Angeles, CA
-Fundraising event at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA
-The Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts a T.V. ad titled « United We Stand! » talking about Rubio's plan to maintain peace on the Pacific Ocean against North Korea's threat :
If we don't take real action, the Pacific Ocean is likely to become a battlefield. North Korea and China are multiplying their military exercises on the Pacific Ocean and are threatening peace and stability. We need to reinforce our military presence on the Pacific and establish an anti-missile shield to avoid any disaster leading to devastating war on the Pacific. When I'm President of the United States, we will create a NATO-style intergovernmental military organization including us and our allies around the Pacific to deter North Korea from attacking South Korea or one of its foes and from developing its nuclear program. It will also deter China from pursuing its agression and its expansionist policies and will restore South China Sea's territorial integrity. Peace will be restored and we will avoid any conflict on the Pacific. This is peace through strength and unity because United We Stand!
I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

October 24th, 2019
-Speech at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, CA, about the importance of defending Ronald Reagan's legacy for the sake of America's prosperity and security
-Flight to Denver, Colorado
-Town Hall at the University of Denver, CO, where Marco Rubio thanks Colorado Senator Cory Gardner for his endorsement Sad
Thank you Cory for your endorsement! I'm happy to see our party making a step closer to unity to beat Hillary Clinton in the next general election and to get America back on track thanks to conservative and free market policies. If I'm the Republican presidential nominee, we will grow our party by attracting Hispanics and minority voters to our party by offering them an optimistic message and agenda because I want to unite ALL the American people around an optimistic agenda that will lead them to a better and brighter future because al pueblo estadounidense merece más. We will reduce taxes and regulations, which will increase Americans' purchasing power and our companies' ability to produce, innovate and hire. We will take advantage of all of our natural resources, including oil, gas, coal, nuclear, wind, etc., which will lead us to energy independence Unborn children will earn the right to live, our constitutional rights, especially the Second Amendment, will be saved. We will defeat radical Islamic terrorism thanks to a stronger military more engaged and to extended alliances. This agenda will pass and will be successful thanks to an extended Republican majority in Congress, which will partly be saved by Cory's re-election campaign, and to our victory in the race for the White House in 2020, the year of the beginning of a New American Century. Thank you and God bless America.

-Economic policy speech at the Xcel Energy facility in Denver, CO
-Gun control and law and order policy speech in Denver, CO
-Dinner with the voters at the Qdoba Mexican Grill in Denver, CO
-Fundraising event at the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
-Interview with ABC at KMGH-TV in which Senator Rubio is asked about the effects of the results of the recent Canadian federal elections. He was also asked about a potential modification of the Japanese 9th amendment :
First of all, I congratulate Prime minster Justin Trudeau for his re-election. The Canadian people has spoken and choose balance of power. Americans and Canadians have the opportunity to work together on common interests such as the Keystone XL pipeline to reach energy independence, reinforcing free trade to strengthen our trade relations and our economies and fighting terrorism to reinforce security around the world.

That's the Japanese people's decision. But if Japan decides to modify its 9th amendment, it would be another great step to peace and stability on the Pacific Ocean since North Korea and China are becoming more and more threatening. With my plan of establishing a NATO-style organization on the Pacific, we will follow Ronald Reagan's notion of peace through strength, a notion that allowed us to avoid any devastating war against USSR and that will allow us to avoid any armed conflict with North Korea.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2016, 07:44:24 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 07:46:30 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's presidential campaign : Week of Oct. 20, 2019-Oct. 26, 2019, Part 3

October 25th, 2019
-Foreign policy speech at Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, CO
-Economic and education policy speech at the Staples facility in Aurora, CO
-Town Hall in Aurora, CO
-Fundraising event in Aurora, CO
-Flight to Memphis, Tennessee   
-Rest and debate preparation

October 26th, 2019
-Breakfast with the voters at the Cafe Eclectic in Memphis, TN
-Speech at the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, TN
-Speech at the Memphis National Cemetery in Memphis, TN
-Economic policy speech at the FedEx Express headquarters in Memphis, TN
-Meet with the voters at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN
-Speech at the Parthenon in Nashville, TN, about the importance of defending democracy and liberty
-Meet with the voters at the Grand Ole Pry in Nashville, TN
-Debate preparation
R/H
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2016, 07:50:18 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2016, 08:04:18 AM by R/H »

The next turn will begin tonight but in order to let you more time to post your schedules and because I will be in vacation trip until August 23, this turn will last 96 hours. See you soon!
R/H
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2016, 07:57:40 AM »

New polls

National Polls
Hillary Clinton : 51 %

Marco Rubio : 37 %
Paul Ryan : 29 %
James Comey : 16 %
Tom Cotton : 9 %
Undecided : 9 %

Iowa Polls
Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Tim Ashe : 36 %

Marco Rubio : 26 %
Paul Ryan : 24 %
James Comey : 18 %
Tom Cotton : 10 %

New Hampshire Polls
Tim Ashe : 44 %
Hillary Clinton : 41 %

Marco Rubio : 36 %
Paul Ryan : 23 %
James Comey : 15 %

South Carolina Polls
Hillary Clinton : 67 %
Tim Ashe : 24 %

Marco Rubio : 36 %
Paul Ryan : 25 %
Tom Cotton : 10 %

Nevada Polls
Hillary Clinton : 53 %

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Paul Ryan : 22 %
Tom Cotton : 5 %

Tennessee Polls
Hillary Clinton : 60 %
Tim Ashe : 29 %

Marco Rubio : 29 %
Paul Ryan : 27 %
James Comey : 17 %
Tom Cotton : 9 %
R/H
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2016, 06:59:16 PM by R/H »

BREAKING NEWS

Assasination attempt in Berlin

German Chancellor Angela Merkel survived an assassination attempt in Berlin. The suspect is arrested by the Berlin police and is apparently a member of ISIS who tried to assassinate Merkel in order to sanction Germany for its contribution to the fight against terrorism.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies