2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:40:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 56764 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« on: August 10, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
« edited: August 10, 2015, 10:19:50 PM by Bigby »

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam Announces 2016 Presidential Bid in Nashville.

"Good evening, America. After some discussion with my family and closest supporters, I have decided to officially run for President of the United States. I have worked tirelessly on behalf of the wonderful people of Tennessee, and I will do the same for all of America."

"I've seen too many people, both within and outside of my state, suffering from the current predicaments that haunt this great nation. People are worried about a great deal of issues, such as the economy, school choice, the deficit, immigration, and so on. Simply put, we are not heading in the right direction. However, there is hope, America. With the right reforms and enough dedication, we will recover. Soon enough, we will triumph. It is the destiny of America to be as great as it once was, and I will do everything in my power to ensure it returns to greatness."

"I believe that I am the most qualified individual to become the 45th President of the United States. My record as Governor of Tennessee backs such a claim appropriately. My top priorities as American President would be economic growth, education reform, and workplace development, identical to my priorities as Governor. In my first year as Governor, I reduced my state's budget while also giving a pay raise for state employees, enabling the construction of industrial plants, and increasing the funds for the Memphis Research Consortium. In the realm of education, I have enabled Tennessee's finest students to reach their maximum potential. Not only have I lifted the cap on the amount of charter schools Tennessee may have, but I have also benefited our college students by letting them use their Hope Scholarship funds during summer semesters. This is not rhetoric, but concrete proof backed by my actions. With the aid of my state's legislature, I have truly changed the state of Tennessee for the better. I can and will do the same for America."

"All in all, let us remember to remain optimistic about our future. Of course times are tough. Of course reform is required. Of course people are hurting. However, we cannot afford to succumb to defeatism. There is a bright future for the American people, and together, we will achieve it. I am willing to work with both parties in Congress, and I am certain that we can mend the ills this country is facing. Together, we will heal, America."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2015, 07:23:14 PM by Bigby »

Bill Haslam's 2016 Campaign Team

Campaign Chairwoman: State Senator Jennifer Vargas - Vargas was born to an immigrant family in New Jersey; her father was Cuban and her mother was Venezuelan. Despite growing up under the poverty line, she got through college thanks to a military scholarship. After serving in the Navy for 12 years, she moved to to Tennessee a year later after being discharged and was ran for the State Senate in 2000, winning in a landslide. She has continued to serve in the State Senate, earning a reputation for cordial behavior and a level headed attitude.

Coordinator: Dr. Kyle Samson - Dr. Samson graduated top from his class at Vanderbilt University. Having studied political science, he became an agent in political campaigning. His loyalty to the Republican Party and Vanderbilt success story made him a natural pick for the Haslam Campaign team.

Political Adviser: Dr. Oswald Jackson - Dr. Jackson was Dr. Samson's roommate and study partner in college. While he also majored in political science, he is a more quiet and bookish man than Samson. Rather than being in the spotlight, Jackson prefers to study and calculate predictions and strategies based off of his research.

Media Director: Peter Aaltnik - A Dutch immigrant with a background in media design. Although he is barely in his 20's, the Haslam campaign was impressed with his resume and capabilities. This campaign is his first major project.

Press Secretary: Juliet Barham - Juliet is a middle-aged journalist from Memphis. She was hired as an assistant to Haslam's coordinator in his Gubernatorial bid. She performed well enough that Haslam decided to hire her as his Press Secretary for his 2016 bid.

Finance Director: Darren Dexter - A former accountant who prefers spending time crunching numbers and making budgets rather than socializing. He is a shy man, but he has worked for various firms in Tennessee who gave him hood reviews. The Haslam team decided to hire him to maintain the campaign's budget.

Legal Adviser: Nathaniel Coleridge - Coleridge is not a native of Tennessee. He was a former Mercer Law professor who retired after decades of teaching. He now consults Governor Haslam on legal matters and policy.

Round 1 Schedule

July 1st (South Carolina):

- Organize in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Hold a conference of local educators in Columbia, South Carolina.

(Conference Theme: Governor Haslam will talk with educators from all levels of education in this conference. He will listen to their complaints, their desires, and ideas. While Governor Haslam will refer to his record on education some and promise to help repair the educational system, he will spend most of the conference listening to these educators and taking notes. This conference acts mostly as research on education policy and what educators want from the next President.)

July 2nd:

- Organize in Greenvile, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Organize in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Barnstorm in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

July 3rd:

- Town Hall in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Hold a megachurch rally at Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Organize in Charleston, South Carolina.

(Mega Church Rally Theme: Here, Governor Haslam will hold a rally at Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant. Haslam will discuss how his Christian faith helped him succeed and help others as a Mayor, Governor, and how it will guide him as President. He will also address religious and social issues that evangelical voters consider to be critical issues.

Speech Excerpt: "As President, I will absolutely defend religious liberty in the United States. Our religious liberties are being trampled on, and the current administration wrongly tolerates, nay, outright endorses, this injustice. Christian business owners are being forced to partake in gay weddings against their will. Christians at home and abroad are being harassed, attacked, or worse, merely because they are Christian, yet there is no outcry over this. We have even seen government officials, such as the Mayor of Houston, demand to monitor and censor pastors' sermons simply because they preach what is in the Bible, solely because they preach what is in their faith! A country where a Christian cannot freely practice his or her beliefs without persecution is not a free country. have had enough of this injustice. As a Christian, I love my fellow person, even if I do not agree with them politically or religiously. And I know that y'all here today are tired of being persecuted over your faith too. The Constitution protects freedom of religion, and as President, I will make sure that your rights are respected!")

July 4th:

- Barnstorm in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Meet and greet with military personnel at the Charleston Air Force Base.
- Host Campaign Rally on Veterans Affairs and Foreign Policy at the Citadel in Charleston.

(Citadel Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will spend the 4th of July with a pro-military and pro-veteran message. He will start out by thanking America's troops for defending its freedom, claiming that America would not be able to enjoy its independence or freedom without the sacrifices that those in the military have endured throughout America's entire history.

Speech Excerpt: "It is because of our men and women in the military that we can continue to celebrate Independence Day. I know that serving this country is not an easy task, and I thank God every day that our troops continue to take their trials and tribulations in stride. Our troops fight to keep us free, but sadly, they are not being treated correctly in America today. Soldiers, both active military and veterans, face countless issues that are being ignored by the federal government...

... Not only are active military personnel being mistreated, but so are our veterans. VA Centers across this entire nation have been gutted on funding, and they are not equipped with the tools needed to properly care for our veterans. How can we continue to mistreat the men and women who gave everything for America? Once I am President, I will remedy this immediately. In fact, I promise that my Secretary of Veterans Affairs MUST be a veteran him or herself!"

July 5th:

- Seek and endorsement from Nikki Haley in Columbia, South Carolina.
(Governor Haslam will meet with Governor Haley. He will tout his performance so far in her state in an attempt to gain her support. He will also appeal to her as a fellow Governor.)
- Town Hall in Columbia.
- Barnstorm in the suburbs of Columbia.
- Meet with voters in Rock Hill.
- Meet with voters in Greenville.

July 6th (Washington D.C.):

- Seek an endorsement from Senator Lamar Alexander.
(Governor Haslam will seek support from fellow Tennessee Republican Lamar Alexander. He will appeal on common ground with education issues with Alexander, including a praise of Alexander's job as Secretary of Education under H.W. Bush.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Bob Corker.
(Governor Haslam will appeal to Senator Corker by touting his performance at the Citadel rally. He will further reinforce his pro-military stance by reminding Corker about his VA Secretary pledge. Finally, he will relate to Corker as a fellow native of Tennessee and the fact that he and Haslam's brother Jimmy were roommates in college.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Lindsey Graham.
(Haslam will use the same pro-military strategy as he will use with Corker to win Graham's endorsement. Like with Governor Haley, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Tim Scott.
(As with Haley and Graham, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week in order to win Tim Scott's endorsement.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Tom Cotton.
(Haslam will mention his pro-military and pro-veteran stance to win Tom Cotton's endorsement. Since Cotton is an Iraq War veteran himself, Haslam will offer Cotton influence in his policy on Iraq.)

July 7th (Georgia):

-Seek an endorsement from Governor Nathan Deal.
(Haslam will appeal to Deal for his endorsement, citing common ground as Governors. Haslam will also discuss job growth and education policies with Deal, as he believes the two can find similarities and work together on them.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator David Perdue.
(Haslam will appeal to Perdue for an endorsement based on their experiences in the business world. Since they have both been in business, Haslam will argue that they can relate on common ground. According to Haslam, this means that he and Perdue can get much done to benefit America together thanks to their similar experiences.)
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Johnny Isakson.
(Haslam will also try to win over Isakson. His strategy will largely depend on if he can win over Nathan Deal, David Perdue, or both.)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:52:41 PM »

Campaign Chairwoman: Marsha Blackburn (Congresswoman from Tennessee's 7th district since 2003. She has served in the Committee of Energy and Commerce, various subcommittees, and has worked for the Republican Study Committee and the National Republican Caucus Committee.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsha_Blackburn )

Coordinator: Alexia Poe (Current Director of Communications for Governor Haslam. Has a background in communications and public affairs.) ( http://www.state.tn.us/governor/cabinet/#alexia-poe )

Political Adviser: Dennis Prager (President of Prager University, radio talk show host, and conservative author.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Prager )

Media Director: Bill Whittle (Conservative Commentator who has been active on Republican and conservative friendly media channels such as PJTV.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Whittle )

Press Secretary: Brent Leatherwood (Executive Director and Contact for Media Inquiries for the Tennsee Republican Party.) ( http://tngop.org/mygop-staff/ - On the far left.)

Finance Director: Jimmy Haslam (Bill Haslam's brother and Statewide Finance Chairman for the Governor. Like Bill, Jimmy also has experience in business, and they have worked together in the business world.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Haslam )

Legal Adviser: Maclin P. Davis, Jr. ( Tennessee Attorney who currently works for Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP. Although he began his political career as a Democrat, he became a Republican and a Barry Goldwater supporter in 1964. He has an extensive history in both law and Tennessee politics, including acting as the legal counsel for the Tennessee State Republican Party.) ( https://www.rnla.org/bio/BioDetail.asp?MemberID=738 )

Round 1 Schedule

(Conference Theme: Governor Haslam will talk with educators from all levels of education in this conference. He will listen to their complaints, their desires, and ideas. While Governor Haslam will refer to his record on education some and promise to help repair the educational system, he will spend most of the conference listening to these educators and taking notes. This conference acts mostly as research on education policy and what educators want from the next President.)

July 2nd:

July 3rd:

(Mega Church Rally Theme: Here, Governor Haslam will hold a rally at Seacoast Church in Mt. Pleasant. Haslam will discuss how his Christian faith helped him succeed and help others as a Mayor, Governor, and how it will guide him as President. He will also address religious and social issues that evangelical voters consider to be critical issues.

Speech Excerpt: "As President, I will absolutely defend religious liberty in the United States. Our religious liberties are being trampled on, and the current administration wrongly tolerates, nay, outright endorses, this injustice. Christian business owners are being forced to partake in gay weddings against their will. Christians at home and abroad are being harassed, attacked, or worse, merely because they are Christian, yet there is no outcry over this. We have even seen government officials, such as the Mayor of Houston, demand to monitor and censor pastors' sermons simply because they preach what is in the Bible, solely because they preach what is in their faith! A country where a Christian cannot freely practice his or her beliefs without persecution is not a free country. have had enough of this injustice. As a Christian, I love my fellow person, even if I do not agree with them politically or religiously. And I know that y'all here today are tired of being persecuted over your faith too. The Constitution protects freedom of religion, and as President, I will make sure that your rights are respected!")

July 4th:

- Host Campaign Rally on Veterans Affairs and Foreign Policy at the Citadel in Charleston.

(Citadel Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will spend the 4th of July with a pro-military and pro-veteran message. He will start out by thanking America's troops for defending its freedom, claiming that America would not be able to enjoy its independence or freedom without the sacrifices that those in the military have endured throughout America's entire history.

Speech Excerpt: "It is because of our men and women in the military that we can continue to celebrate Independence Day. I know that serving this country is not an easy task, and I thank God every day that our troops continue to take their trials and tribulations in stride. Our troops fight to keep us free, but sadly, they are not being treated correctly in America today. Soldiers, both active military and veterans, face countless issues that are being ignored by the federal government...

... Not only are active military personnel being mistreated, but so are our veterans. VA Centers across this entire nation have been gutted on funding, and they are not equipped with the tools needed to properly care for our veterans. How can we continue to mistreat the men and women who gave everything for America? Once I am President, I will remedy this immediately. In fact, I promise that my Secretary of Veterans Affairs MUST be a veteran him or herself!"

July 5th:

(Governor Haslam will meet with Governor Haley. He will tout his performance so far in her state in an attempt to gain her support. He will also appeal to her as a fellow Governor.)
- Town Hall in Columbia.

(Governor Haslam will seek support from fellow Tennessee Republican Lamar Alexander. He will appeal on common ground with education issues with Alexander, including a praise of Alexander's job as Secretary of Education under H.W. Bush.)
(Governor Haslam will appeal to Senator Corker by touting his performance at the Citadel rally. He will further reinforce his pro-military stance by reminding Corker about his VA Secretary pledge. Finally, he will relate to Corker as a fellow native of Tennessee and the fact that he and Haslam's brother Jimmy were roommates in college.)
(Haslam will use the same pro-military strategy as he will use with Corker to win Graham's endorsement. Like with Governor Haley, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week.)
(As with Haley and Graham, Haslam will mention how he has campaigned in South Carolina this week in order to win Tim Scott's endorsement.)
(Haslam will mention his pro-military and pro-veteran stance to win Tom Cotton's endorsement. Since Cotton is an Iraq War veteran himself, Haslam will offer Cotton influence in his policy on Iraq.)

July 7th (Georgia):

(Haslam will appeal to Deal for his endorsement, citing common ground as Governors. Haslam will also discuss job growth and education policies with Deal, as he believes the two can find similarities and work together on them.)
(Haslam will appeal to Perdue for an endorsement based on their experiences in the business world. Since they have both been in business, Haslam will argue that they can relate on common ground. According to Haslam, this means that he and Perdue can get much done to benefit America together thanks to their similar experiences.)
(Haslam will also try to win over Isakson. His strategy will largely depend on if he can win over Nathan Deal, David Perdue, or both.)
He shouldn't be able to get Marsha Blackburn or any Real life people on his staff.

(OOC: I thought we had to use real life people? I will use fictional people if the game moderator establishes that as a rule.)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2015, 07:24:02 PM by Bigby »

Campaign Chairwoman: Marsha Blackburn (Congresswoman from Tennessee's 7th district since 2003. She has served in the Committee of Energy and Commerce, various subcommittees, and has worked for the Republican Study Committee and the National Republican Caucus Committee.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsha_Blackburn )

Coordinator: Alexia Poe (Current Director of Communications for Governor Haslam. Has a background in communications and public affairs.) ( http://www.state.tn.us/governor/cabinet/#alexia-poe )

Political Adviser: Dennis Prager (President of Prager University, radio talk show host, and conservative author.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Prager )

Media Director: Bill Whittle (Conservative Commentator who has been active on Republican and conservative friendly media channels such as PJTV.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Whittle )

Press Secretary: Brent Leatherwood (Executive Director and Contact for Media Inquiries for the Tennsee Republican Party.) ( http://tngop.org/mygop-staff/ - On the far left.)

Finance Director: Jimmy Haslam (Bill Haslam's brother and Statewide Finance Chairman for the Governor. Like Bill, Jimmy also has experience in business, and they have worked together in the business world.) ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Haslam )

Legal Adviser: Maclin P. Davis, Jr. ( Tennessee Attorney who currently works for Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP. Although he began his political career as a Democrat, he became a Republican and a Barry Goldwater supporter in 1964. He has an extensive history in both law and Tennessee politics, including acting as the legal counsel for the Tennessee State Republican Party.) ( https://www.rnla.org/bio/BioDetail.asp?MemberID=738 )

Round 1 Schedule

July 2nd:

July 3rd:

July 4th:

July 5th:

- Town Hall in Columbia.

July 7th (Georgia):

He shouldn't be able to get Marsha Blackburn or any Real life people on his staff.

(OOC: I thought we had to use real life people? I will use fictional people if the game moderator establishes that as a rule.)
You can use real life if you are a actually candidate ie: Cruz, Bush but not if you're like us, I'm fine with Poe but Blackburn is a real life CONGRESSWOMAN not an activist and that endorsement should be sought. And here in the last game was his rule when I tried to do the same thing
  "UPDATE REGARDING CAMPAIGN STAFF
In response to the conflict between CC and SSWR: As I said earlier, the timeline unfortunately has to disregard any claims to real campaign staff by the candidates in order to keep things fair (you can't pick your own endorsements whenever you feel like it Tongue). However, you are allowed to create, announce, and make stories regarding fictional campaign staff. Please do not get into unnecessarily disputes; this matter has already been decided and we're all friends here at the 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Timeline! Cheesy"

(Oops! I will correct this immediately. I apologize. UPDATE: I have now updated my campaign team. I was unable to find that rule originally, but I see it now. Again, I apologize for any potential mishaps.)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »

Official Statement from the Haslam Campaign:

Governor Haslam and his team wish the best for both Former Sectretary Clinton and Frank Fiorina. They will both be in our prayers as they go through their harships. We wish for the best and that the Lord will help them through.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 01:35:24 PM by Bigby »

Round 2 Schedule:

July 8th (Washington D.C.):

- Seek endorsement from Senator Shelley Moore Capito.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Richard Burr.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Jeff Sessions.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Roger Wicker.
(Haslam will meet with these Senators individually throughout the day. He will tout his performance as Governor of Tennessee and his optimistic message. Depending on which other Senators endorse him, he will also attempt to convince them at how well he can work with the legislative branch.)

July 9th (Tennessee)

- Meet with voters in Memphis.
- Meet with voters in Knoxville.
- Meet with voters in Nashville.
- Special Townhall Event at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.

Event Theme: Governor Haslam will conduct a townhall-styled question and answer event with students at the University of Tennesee. Since he has interviewed educators last week, he will focus on the desires, needs, and concerns of the students to better shape his education platform. Students will be permitted to submit questions regarding educational policy, which he will answer. After a few rounds of questions, he will end the event with a short speech about how he has worked diligently in his state to improve education for students, particularly citing his "Tennessee Promise" and the fact that he enacted a law that enabled college students to use Hope Scholarship funds during summer semesters. He will promise to continue to defend the educational interests of students as President.

July 10th (South Carolina):

- Barnstorm in Greenville.
- Barnstorm in Rock Hill.
- Barnstorm in Columbia.
- Barnstorm in Charleston.

July 11th (Florida):

- Organize in Tallahassee.
- Meet with voters in Gainesville.
- Organize in Jacksonville.
- Meet with voters in Jacksonville.
- Economic Issues Rally in Jacksonville.

Event Theme: Governor Haslam will hold a rally open to the public in the commercial district of Jacksonville. Haslam will discuss economic issues that affect both businesses and the middle class. He will maintain a pro-free market tone, but he will also discuss reform. In accordance with his campaign's positive, hopeful, tone, he will focus on reform so America will become competitive again.

Excerpt: "America can and will be economically powerful again, with a few reforms. Businesses, small and big alike, are chafing under too many regulations. The middle class is also shrinking and suffering. We must free the American people from unfair treatment if we are to become competitive in the global economy. I have a few ideas that I believe will benefit Americans of all income brackets:

1. I will provide tax relief for working families by expanding both the Child Benefit and the Earned Income Credit.
2. I will restore industry and jobs in America by making America worthwhile to invest in. To do so, I will lower the corporate tax from 45% to 25%. However, I will also eliminate loopholes in the system that allow corporations to subvert paying the tax. They must pay their taxes like the rest of us, but eliminating the excessive corporate tax by 20% will encourage corporations to return America, which will generate wealth and jobs.
3. I will modify income tax in this nation to make it fair to all Americans. Instead of our current income tax system, I will shift to a flat tax system. People will still pay more or less depending on how much they make, but everyone will pay the same percentage of their income.

This is the economic reform that America needs in order to prosper again. Once I am President, everyone in America, whether they are poor, rich, or in between, will benefit from the reforms I have proposed. Together, our economy can and will be revived."

Governor Haslam at the Jacksonville commercial district rally.

July 12th (New York City):
- Appear on Mike Huckabee's Fox News show live.
(Haslam will discuss the state of the country with Governor Huckabee on his show. The issues that Haslam will refer to the most are religious liberties, the economy, and foreign policy.)
- Seek an endorsement from Governor Mike Huckabee.
(After the show, Haslam will discuss the Presidential race with Huckabee. He will lure Huckabee by mentioning his pro-religious liberties stance that he revealed last week and his economic reform ideas from yesterday. Finally, he will appeal to Huckabee as a fellow Governor and as a reformer.)

July 13th (Nevada):
- Organize in Carson City, Nevada.
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Dean Heller.
(Haslam will focus on a fiscally conservative message with Senator Heller. He will tout his performance as Governor and also bring up his economic talking points from his Jacksonville speech.)
- Townhall in Reno, Nevada.
- Townhall in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Barnstorm in Nye Country, Nevada.

July 14th (Georgia):
- Seek an endorsement from Lt. Governor Casey Cagle.
(Governor Haslam feels invigorated by his endorsement from Governor Deal and wants to put a lock on the South. He will tout his recent Georgian endorsements to bring Cagle into the fold.)
- Seek an endorsement from Former Senator Saxby Chambliss.
(Governor Haslam will do the same with Chambliss.)
- Seek an endorsement from Former Governor/Former Senator Zell Miller.
(Haslam will cross party lines for this one. The Governor will maintain an all-encompassing, open message. He will cite Miller's creation of HOPE in Georgia, praising him for it. This will also serve to test Haslam's chances with non-Republicans, so he will proclaim to Miller that he is willing to work across the aisle and not let party labels interfere.)

(Governor Haslam's first campaign ad coming soon!)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »

Campaign Ad: Bill Haslam - Optimism and Common Sense

This campaign ad is a television ad and will premiere in the following states:

The ad takes place in a modest office room. Haslam is sitting at a desk, remaining calm, composed, and soft-spoken. The Governor smiles softly at the camera and begins speaking.

"Good evening, my fellow Americans. I am Governor Bill Haslam of Tennessee, and I want to serve you as President. You know, this nation is hurting, and it needs help. I could yell at the top of my lungs and preach doom and gloom, but that will not move America forward. Americans are tired of hearing pessimism from both parties, as they know all pessimism will do is sour America's spirit as a whole. If America is going to rebound, it needs a jolt of optimism combined with common sense solutions. As Governor of Tennessee, I have provided my state with both. Now I want to do the same for America. Yes, America, times are tough, but we will prevail, together. As President, I will put the people of this great nation first. America deserves to be great again, and I am the man that will make it so."

Governor Haslam ends his first ad on a positive tone. He aims to instill a sense of optimism to offer an alternative to the overbearing negativity that has plagued America's political landscape.

(Reminder: I have already written Round 2's Campaign Schedule. It is on Page 5. On request, I will delete this post and merge the ad with my campaign schedule if the game admin desires.)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »

How will the two week cycle affect our endorsement cap?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

How will the two week cycle affect our endorsement cap?

I am yet to determine this, though I'll get back to you ASAP! Cheesy

From the feedback I've been getting, it seems like I've been giving out endorsements a bit too generously (I gave out a lot of big names the first week). To solve this, I'll probably make it so you have a maximum of 10 per round, meaning that you have 10 per every two weeks instead of 10 per every one week.

But remember, you no longer have to be in the same state as the person you want to endorse you in order to get their endorsement!

Alright. Do we still have 72 hours per turn?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2015, 07:29:58 PM by Bigby »

(Gonna go ahead and let everyone know that I am staying in. I want to join on the posting, so I will.)

Private Meeting Between Governor Haslam and Dr. Oswald Jackson

"So, Governor..." Jackson sighs while reading a Wall Street Journal article about the recent campaign shifts. "... we need to talk." Haslam interrupts him and sighs. "Yes, I know, Bush, Quayle, and Trump withdrew, and no, it isn't objectively good news. I just don't get it. Jeb crosses party lines while Quayle and Trump turn to the hard right." "Do you plan on dropping out? You were third and fourth, and in some instances second, in many polls last week. You can still defeat Cruz and Ehrlich, I believe. However, if you think that Cruz could give you a reward for conceding to him, or if you want to take the same gambit as Jeb..." Haslam once again interrupts his political adviser. "Look, let's see how people react to my ad and recent activities. I am dominating in Southern endorsements. I'm tapping into a voice of reasonable optimism that I believe will help me out, especially against a boisterous ideologue such as Cruz. I know you're concerned about me, and that's why I hired you, but you're being too sudden. Let's just continue to do what we've been doing, since it's gotten us ahead so far. I want to at least try my hand at the debate." Dr. Jackson just nods, fixing his tie as he gets out of his office chair. "Very well, sir. I will continue to advise you the way I have, but if you decide to become a kingmaker rather than a king, my advice still stands." Haslam just smiles softly and nods while remaining in his seat, finishing his own research. "Of course, Oswald. All I ask is to not rush things."

Official Statement from Press Secretary Juliet Barham: "Governor Haslam, despite the sudden change of variables in the campaign, will continue his Presidential bid. The Governor feels that his message of rationality and conservative reform will continue to resonate with the voters. He advises the Republican Party to not cave into excessive anger, and that he will prove that reason is not only the best way to win the primary, but also that it is the best way to defeat the Democrats on November 8th."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 08:35:34 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2015, 09:31:17 PM by Bigby »

(OOC Note: Since I have made some time, I will go ahead and post my weekly schedule. Either tomorrow or Tuesday, I will explain a summary of what my candidate has done in the interim.)

Round 3 Schedule

January 3rd (South Carolina):

- Barnstorm in Sumter.
- Barnstorm in Columbia.

January 4th (Florida):

- Barnstorm in the suburbs of Tallahassee.
- Townhall in Jacksonville.
- Seek endorsement from Congressman David Jolly.
(Governor Haslam will continue to build his stronghold in the South. He will test his waters with endorsements in Florida.)
- Seek endorsement from Former Senator Mel Martinez.
(Haslam is using the same strategy with Former Senator Martinez.)

January 5th (Iowa):

- Meet with voters in Des Moines.
- Townhall in Ames.
- Hold 2nd Amendment Rally in Iowa City.

Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will reaffirm in his belief in the Second Amendment. He will explain that the Second Amendment is not only a badge of honor for the American people, but it is what protects us from tyranny. He will also appeal to gun owners, promising them that he will protect their constitutional rights as President. Finally, he will explain why he does not support gun control measures, seeing them as not only infringement, but as ineffective.

Rally Excerpt: "Our right to bear arms does not hurt the people of this nation. In fact, that right keeps us safer than we would be without it. Despite what the left claims, gun control measures hurt the American people. Gun control proponents claim to mean well, but the reality is that heavy restrictions on firearms, clips, magazines, and so on only create more problems, not solutions. These new laws only empower criminals and endanger law-abiding citizens. I know I speak for everyone here when I say that law-abiding citizens of this country are sick of their Second Amendment rights being peeled away. Violation of the Second Amendment only leads to more crime, less safety, less liberty, and more governmental tyranny. I want to be a President who lowers crime, makes us safer, gives us more freedom, and keeps away tyranny. The only way to ensure that is to protect our gun rights!"
- Seek endorsement from Wayne LaPierre.
(Governor Haslam will seek an endorsement from LaPierre after his Pro-Second Amendment Rally. He will use his pro-gun record as Governor and his speech earlier to his advantage.)

January 6th (Nevada):

- Barnstorm in Carson City.
- Townhall in Reno.
- Meet with voters in Nye County.
- Barnstorm in Las Vegas, Nevada.

January 7th (New York City):

- Interview with Sean Hannity.

Interview Theme: Governor Haslam will discuss his social, economic, and foreign policy platforms in a basic and standard interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity. Haslam will remain cordial and professional and will avoid confrontation any we he can. This will be a test with how he conducts himself with journalists and if he needs to change strategies with them. He wants to remain positive with the media, as he believes their image of him will greatly affect his campaign. As such, he will be brief, polite, willing to answer questions, and professional.

Governor Haslam on air during his Hannity interview.

January 8th (Tennessee):

- Governor Haslam will take the day off to spend time with his family. He has no scheduled activities for this day. -

January 9th (New Hampshire):

- Organize in Concord.
- Barnstorm in Concord.
- Meet with voters in Dover.
- Meet with voters in Portsmouth.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Susan Collins.
(Governor Haslam will attempt to branch out and get a Northeastern endorsement as well. Haslam will praise Collins' record in the Senate, and will also recognize her for being willing to work across the aisle. He will also remind her that he claims to be the most reasonable and least brash nominee in the race.)
- Seek endorsement from Paul LePage.
(Haslam will use similar tactics to woo Governor LePage in order to receive a Northeastern opening. He will use more conservative language with the Governor, however.)

(Again, I will post my summary of before January separately.)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:11 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2015, 11:35:53 PM by Bigby »

Governor Haslam July - December Summary

July: Governor Haslam continued to sweep the early Southern and Southwestern states, primarily South Carolina, Nevada, Florida, and Georgia. While he stressed his conservative beliefs and record as Governor of Tennessee, he also continued to stress his message of optimism and rationality. He has worked with his media director Peter Aaltnik to build an updated campaign website. The website was updated to go beyond just basic facts about Governor Haslam and his campaign. The site now includes a full list of issues, a link to Haslam's voting record, and all of the ads he has published during the primary season.

August: The Governor spent most of this month campaigning in Michigan, Iowa, Colorado, and New Hampshire, trying to improve his poll numbers outside of his Southern base. However, he still made the time to visit states such as South Carolina and Florida. During a trip to South Carolina, Haslam reappeared in Mt. Pleasant to reaffirm his pro-religious liberty message, and that he was the best candidate to defend the religious liberty of the American people from governmental violation. His biggest event was in Denver, Colorado, where he blasted the National Surveillance Agency. He took a libertarian stance on the issue.

Rally Excerpt: "This administration has baffled me. The President claims to be for freedom, but he allows the NSA to continue spying on Americans unconstitutionally. Even worse, he is upset that American citizens want the spying to stop! There is something called the 4th Amendment, which protects the right to privacy. Thanks to the 4th Amendment, searches and seizures must legally be first be approved by a signed warrant based off of probable cause. The Orwellian nature of the NSA program allows the government to look at your data and all without ever having the necessary warrant first. Look, I want to be secure, but security does not come to those who sacrifice liberty. We must reaffirm the supremacy of the Constitution and stop NSA spying now!"

September: Haslam mostly returned to his base in the South during this month. His most visited states in this month were North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Oklahoma, and Iowa. The biggest event of this month was at a trade issues rally in Cesar Rapids, Iowa. While the Governor maintained that he was a staunch fiscal conservative and believed that the free market ultimately treats everyone the best, he warned against the dangers of outsourcing and "giving too much up in trade deals." Much of his speech was hammering the President and Congress for the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He urged legislators to not support it by any means, as it will "cause other nations to further drain the economic blood of the American worker." Haslam promised that as President, he will not support the TPP agreement under any circumstances, because "he puts America first."

October: Haslam took the middle ground with the American map and campaigned at various points in the entire nation. His most frequent stops this month were Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. In a rally at Rock Hill, South Carolina, Haslam tackled the issue of abortion. While the Governor did reaffirm that he was personally pro-life and considered abortion a "sad, frightening option," he argued that conservatives are losing the battle by directly going after Roe v. Wade. In his view, this was antagonizing the political center excessively and allowing the overt pro-choice crowd to win. Instead, he proposed that gradual, cautious pro-life reforms are a better alternative to trying to overturn Roe v. Wade. He reaffirmed support for the ban on partial birth abortion. He called for a federal ban on abortion after 20 weeks. He stated his desire to pass legislation to require consent for any abortions for those under the age of 18. According to Governor Haslam, these more mild and gradual reforms would allow the pro-life movement to save lives.

November: Governor Haslam's campaign began to slow during this month. He took the last week of the month off to spend Thanksgiving at home with his family. However, he made up for it by campaigning more heavily during the first three weeks. He spent the majority of his time in Nevada, Arizona, Florida, and Virginia. However, he booked one event to take place in Texas, the backyard of Senator Cruz. This event was a town hall event on immigration. The Governor gave what he considered a "moderate and conservative compromise" on the issue. He opposed blanket amnesty, bur argued that the federal government should enforce current laws rather than building a wall or enacting more laws. He also endorsed the idea of allowing state governments to assist the federal government in patrolling their own state borders.

Town Hall Excerpt: "No, I oppose any blanket amnesty plan, and that includes the Gang of Eight's bill. Blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants is a slap in the face to all Americans, including legal immigrants. However, we cannot be brash with deportation. To do so would be far too costly and it will only disrupt the system further. We must review case by case and ensure those who need to be deported are, but it must be done gradually, cautiously, and correctly. These migrants may try to become American citizens, but they must go to the back of the line and go through the legal process like legal immigrants. That is only fair. So, while I oppose a blanket, instantaneous amnesty, these migrants will be allowed to become American citizens, but only if they go through the legal immigration progress like everyone else. They must abide by our laws if they truly desire to be American citizens, and that is how it must be."

December: Like with November, Governor Haslam took a small portion of the month off to celebrate Christmas with his family. This month was spent far more cautiously, and was mostly spent to ensure that campaign infrastructure and support was maintained. Again, Haslam spent most of his time in the earliest states. Since he spent the majority of December ensuring that his campaign was doing fine and that there were no major issues, he held no major issue rallies. Instead, he continued to defend his record and spread his message of optimism and reason when barnstorming or meeting with voters.

A Select Sample of Governor Haslam 2016 Ads

Haslam for America: The American Promise.
Originally ran in: Colorado, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and Iowa.

"As Governor of Tennessee, I made the Tennessee Promise to the students of my state. This promise was a promise to make college more affordable, to expand opportunities for success, and to enable educational pathways for success that would otherwise not be accessible. I made this promise because I want my state's youth to succeed and prosper in an increasingly global economy and culture. Now, I want to do the same for America. This is my American Promise, a promise to tackle obstacles primary, secondary, and tertiary education. I want the students of America to succeed at all levels, so they can fulfill the American dream. Education reform has been a top concern for me as Governor, and it will be as President."

Governor Haslam on Birth Control.
Originally ran in: Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, Florida, Virgnia, and Minnesota.

"There is a debate on both sides on whether or not private companies should be forced to pay for a woman's birth control. I believe that a private company's rights would be infringed by enacting such a policy, and I oppose such a mandate. However, that is not the end of my policy on birth control. Rather than making it an insurance issue, I support making birth control an over-the-counter drug. I understand that birth control is necessary for other women's health issues besides pregnancy, and women deserve to receive the medication they need for those issues. Since I also want to respect the rights of employers, I believe that this is a compromise that benefits all and harms no one. Employers will not be forced to fund a mandate that they do not desire to, and women will still receive the medication they need. It is a win-win."

Say No to the Iran Deal: Haslam and American Nuclear Safety.
Originally ran in: Iowa, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, Arizona, Virginia, and South Carolina.

"My fellow Americans, our government is blatantly ignoring common sense. You've all heard of the nuclear deal President Obama wants to sign with Iran to lift sanctions and nuclear restrictions on the Iranian nation. Supposedly, this deal will somehow make America and its allies safer. I am sorry, but this deal is heading us in the WRONG direction if our priority is safety. Not only is Iran a chief sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East, there is no reason to trust them with nuclear capabilities. This deal would permit a country whose leaders chant for our deaths to use uranium. How is that even in our best interests? Lifting these sanctions and restrictions on Iran would only enable the rogue nation to cause havoc for Israel, America, and everyone else. Not only would I oppose this deal as President, but if it is passed during the remainder of Obama's tenure, I would work with Congress immediately to reimpose sanctions and restrictions on Iran. We cannot, will not, and should not give a wicked government such as Iran's the benefit of the doubt. A vote for Governor Bill Haslam is a vote against the Iran deal."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

Joe Biden is willing to discuss bipartisan healthcare reform and a Select Committee with any of the following Republican candidates:

- John Kasich
- Bill Haslam
- Ben Carson

Should more than one accept, Biden would gladly meet with all and allow an equal amount of Democratic candidates to attend.

Press Secretary Juliet Barham has confirmed that Governor Bill Haslam is willing to join this select committee.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »

Sadly no. It's a shame since it seems that the Dem field is so damn dry all of a sudden.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »

(I am going to go ahead and list my requested endorsements for this week. I will refrain from making my schedule until the debate day and rules are made. If I accidentally look for an endorsement that is already made, please alert me so I can fix it and replace or remove it ASAP.)

Governor Haslam's Sought-After Endorsements for the Jan. 10-16th week.

1. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (R - TN)
2. Congressman Michael Mulvaney (R - SC)
3. Congressman Tom Rice (R - SC)
4. Author Dennis Prager
5. Fmr. Senator James Buckley (R - NY)
6. Fmr. Secretary of State George Schultz
7. Congressman Rick Allen (R - GA)
8. Congressman David Jolly (R - FL)
9. Congressman Tom Graves (R - GA)
10. Commentator Bill Whittle.

Theme: Since Haslam as dominated in the South for endorsements, he is going further down ballot to act as a balance with his big time endorsements. He is also continuing to convince conservative activists to endorse him and help spread his message.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 02:49:50 PM »

(I am going to go ahead and publish my weekly schedule since I have to work on a Metaphysics paper tomorrow. I'll find time to add my debate answers in too, of course.)

Governor Bill Haslam's Round 4 Schedule:

Jan. 10th (South Carolina):

- Barnstorm in Myrtle Beach.
- Barnstorm in Columbia's suburbs.
- Military and Veteran Townhall in Charleston.

Townhall theme: This will be an active military and veterans townhall meeting where Governor Haslam will ask about the concerns of military members, both active and retired. He will answer questions accordingly. He will end the rally with a reminder that the military is a critical issue for him, as is the issue of how veterans are treated.

Jan. 11th (Iowa):

- Meet with voters in Cedar Falls.
- Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids.
- Foreign Policy Rally with Tom Cotton in Ames.

Rally theme: Governor Haslam with his friend and endorsement Senator Tom Cotton will discuss foreign policy in Ames. He will speak negatively on Obama's current handling of ISIS and Iran. He will be especially negative of the Iran deal, as he has been during the campaign. Finally, he will offer a solution to the chaos in Iraq.

Excerpt: "Look, our current policy in regards to Iraq has been absolutely horrid. What we should have done to begin with was separate the nation as a means to ensure persecuted groups not only their safety, but self-determination as well. The eastern region would be given to the Shia, who were persecuted by the under Saddam Hussein. The Sunnis would be given Anbar. Most importantly, the Kurds deserve their own homeland. For too long, the Arabs have tormented and slaughtered the Kurdish people, merely for being different. Kurdistan's independence should have been recognized when we were in Iraq, and it's a mistake under both of our previous administrations that they were not granted their independence. A President Haslam will be a strong ally for the Kurds."

January 11th (Colorado):

- Meet with voters in Denver.
- Barnstorm in Boulder.
- Barnstorm in Pueblo.
- Meet with voters in Grand Junction.

January 12th (New Hampshire):

- Barnstorm in Concord.
- Meet with voters in Manchester.
- Barnstorm in Exeter.

January 13th (South Carolina):

- Meet and greet with voters with Governor Nikki Haley in Columbia.
- Meet with voters in Mt. Pleasant.

January 14th (Georgia):

- Meet with voters in Marietta.
- Meet with voters in Cumming.
- Rally with Governor Nathan Deal, Senator David Perdue, and Fmr. Governor Zell Miller.

Excerpt: "Yesterday, Senator Cruz insinuated that I do not respect the 2nd Amendment. I must inform him that he is incorrect. I've been an excellent defender of the right to bare arms, and such is self-evident! Back in April of 2015, I signed a bill that gave Tennessee citizens the freedom to carry their handguns in more areas. If I was not pro-gun, why would I have signed a bill that defended the right to concealed carry? I've also been an NRA member during my entire time as Governor, and I still am. Speaking of which, Wayne LaPierre recently endorsed me! Do you not trust the former head of the NRA himself, Senator Cruz? I understand his concerns that we need to defend the 2nd Amendment, but it is outright wrong to call me anti-gun. Everyone here knows that I have a genuine pro-2nd Amendment record, and Cruz knows deep-down that he is blowing hot air!"

January 15th (Nevada):

- Meet with voters in Nye County.
- Meet with voters in Caliente.
- Barnstorm in Las Vegas.
- Barnstorm in Primm.
- Meet with voters in Goodsprings (and order some Sunset Sarsaparilla while there. Seriously, they defictionalized it.)

January 16th (Alabama):

- Organize in Montgomery.
- Meet with voters in Montgomery.
- Organize in Birmingham.
- Hold Pro-Police Townhall in Birmingham.

Townhall Theme: This will be a small but issue-oriented townhall similar to the military and veterans one in South Carolina on the 10th. Haslam will discuss and be quizzed on issues facing the police. He will make it a main point to reiterate his support for the police, claiming that they keep our streets safe and their concerns need to be addressed.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »

(OOC: I already seeked out LaPierre's endorsement in Round 3, and the moderator okayed it.)

IC (In response to that statement):

From Governor Haslam Himself, Permitted by Press Secretary Juliet Barham: "I would like to address these allegations of flip-flopping. Yes, as Mayor, I was once part of Bloomberg's group. At first, I believed that group wanted to defend the 2nd Amendment while curbing crime. After all, crime is a huge concern that must be addressed. However, Bloomberg and his group became too opposed to the 2nd Amendment. As a result, I left and joined the National Rifle Association. When I joined the Mayors Against Illegal Guns, it was a different organization. I admit that I was once part of it; I will not lie to anyone. However, I will again reiterate that once I saw the group go to far, I left it. That group is now behind me, as it should be. I will also rebuke the claim that I have not supported conceal carry. I earlier proved that I have. Using that claim from March is outdated, as I signed that pro-carry bill in April. I am a pro-gun candidate now, and always have been."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »

Ad Blitz! New Governor Bill Haslam Ads for Round 4.

Governor Haslam's team has compiled a list of new ads to premiere as of this week. The newest three will be presented now.

Bill Haslam, A Pro-Gun Candidate.

Ad ran in: Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, and Tennessee.

This ad takes place on a gun range. Haslam is wearing casual clothes, an eye guard, and gun range ear muffs. After shooting a few rounds from a western-style shotgun at a target, Haslam turns his head to the camera while keeping the rest of his body stationary and the shotgun in his hands.

"That gunpowder is the smell of freedom, my friends. Our Second Amendment rights keep us safe. They have ever since the Bill of Rights were ratified in 1791, and they will will persist - if you elect me as President. I want it to be known that I am a pro-gun Governor and a pro-gun candidate. I am a card-carrying member of the NRA. I signed a bill back in April that gave Tennessee carry permit holders the right to conceal carry in more places. I am endorsed by Wayne LaPierre, former NRA Chairman and a viligant defender of liberty."

Haslam ejects the now empty shells out of his shotgun, reloads it with full shells, and fires again at the target. He then turns back to the camera, unloading the shotgun again and then holstering it.

"I am the best candidate to protect the 2nd Amendment. Accept no other substitutes. Vote for Governor Bill Haslam."

Is America Eating Itself?

Ad ran in: Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Florida, and Ohio.

"I am Governor Bill Haslam, and I want to ask you a question: Is America eating itself from within? I hate to say it, but it seems so. American jobs are still being shipped overseas, with no end in sight. Yet we have a government full of people who want to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which will speed up outsourcing, not curb it. Crime has returned despite the downward trend of crime that began un the early 90's; we are no longer as safe as we once were. Yet the police are being denied the ability to do their own jobs to keep our streets safe. Our allies are struggling while are enemies are thriving. Yet we not only betray our allies, we give our enemies the ability to harm the stability of the world itself. Yes America, we are eating ourselves from within, but it does not have to be that way. As President, I will reverse every single one of the problems I have addressed, and more. Together, America, we can restore this great nation to the powerhouse it ought to be. Elect me, and I will make America recover."

Say No to Extremism.

Ad ran in: Directly posted to Youtube.

"America, it is time to choose which path we will take. Will we listen to compassion, to reason? If we want to go forward, then yes. We must stand by our principles at all times, for it is not worth it to sacrifice our souls. However, we must remain cautious of those who want to go off of the deep end. You know who such people are. We must not cave into extremism, for extremism will make us unwilling to think clearly. Extremism prevents us from hearing the concerns of everyone, so it marginalizes. Extremism is madness. If we cave in to dark, primal rage, then we will be living in a repeat of the last 8 years. We have seen firsthand what extremism, on both sides, has given us. We are still in a recession. Our enemies are gaining on us while we have been unable to fight back. We are hostile to our brothers. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. I, Bill Haslam, will serve as a voice of optimism, and more importantly, as a voice for reason. I want to represent all of America, not just a portion of it. There are others who only care for some of us, but I care for all of us. That is why I want to be your President."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 04:27:19 PM »

Gary Locke..... has proposed a debate between Haslam and Cruz..... because Locke is frankly tired of the arguments..... but..... he will not be biased...

Governor Haslam would be open to such a debate.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2015, 04:57:52 PM by Bigby »

Question 1 Response:

I support the Second Amendment. This is a critical issue, and it is a timeless one. The Second Amendment protects us from bodily harm and from government tyranny. Without the Second Amendment, we would not have the means to defend the rest of our rights. Since the Second Amendment protects the rest of our constitutional rights, it is vital to ensure that we are not deprived of them. I will be a pro-Second Amendment President, because I want to defend your freedoms.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 03:54:48 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2015, 09:48:59 PM by Bigby »

1. For starters, I would encourage state and local education to address the issue during health education. Local education is an excellent tool to use to combat eating disorders. I would also encourage educators and councilors to not be afraid to talk to girls in need and teach them how to handle their issues in a healthy manner. Likewise, we should encourage our teenage girls to not be ashamed. We want to help. I want to help.

2. Autism is a serious concern that must be addressed compassionately. I would help autistic children by diverting money from abused funds such as foreign aid to research on how to treat autism and how to give autistic patients the care they deserve. I would also emphasize a message of love and understanding. No one chooses to be autistic, and those suffering from it need to know that we love them, no matter what.

3. While it is vital that we respect the First Amendment, we must also combat cyberbullying. We must also respect the Fourth Amendment, which requires that we have a properly issued warrant before we take action. I would address cyberbullying in the same that we address regular bullying. It may be through social media, but bullying is bullying no matter what, and we should treat it as such. Not only would I encourage state and local governments to handle cyberbullying in the same manner as they would any other way of bullying, I would like emphasize to students that they should report any instance of it to their parents or the authorities, whether it is bullying that is against them or one of their acquaintances.

4. We are seeing this huge issue with childhood poverty because we have been harming our childrens' futures with reckless economic practices. If we want to feed kids and give them appropriate standards of living, we must pursue economic reform. Taxes and spending must be cut side by side. We must protect the jobs of the American worker avoid anti-American trade deals such as NAFTA and TPP. We must take the federal government out of the student loan business so families are not financially punished for wanting to improve themselves for the sake of their loved ones. When smart economics are applied, the lives of everyone, especially our children, are improved.

5. I oppose Common Core. While it seemed like a positive reform at first, it has been proven to hamper education rather than help it. As such, I am fighting to repeal Common Core so Tennessee can reclaim its own educational system. Education belongs at the state and local level. While I would not do away with the Department of Education, I would restrict its role to supervising the state and local educational departments. Federal government in education should be kept to a minimal presence that is there only to make sure the states are doing fine; it should not be there to dictate the states.

6. As President, I will change the world by making America its shining example once again. I would implement the tax policies that I have discussed during my entire campaign so Americans of all income levels can prosper. I would ensure that Congress does its job and makes a balanced budget to restore fiscal responsibility; I would also encourage Congress to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment. I would manage our foreign policy differently, so we once again back our allies properly and keep our enemies in check. By making America a great country, we can make the world better and lead by example.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 07:25:23 PM »

I have decided to take over this timeline. Darth will continue on as Cruz.

Some BIG changes will be coming up, and I will allow a brief entry for folks to re-enter the game, though you will be at a slight disadvantage to those who have stayed in. I will try and have everything ready tonight or tomorrow.

I'm sure you've already seen all of my stuff for Round 4, but I will link it to you if need be. I look forward to your time as DM.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »

(Are all previous endorsements nullified? Also, do we seek endorsements now for until Round 6? In the meantime, I will go ahead and answer the debate question and respond to Roemer's endorsement. I will post my schedule and endorsements listed once my question is answered.)

Debate Answer:

The non-politician that I would most likely nominate would be journalist John Stossel for the Department of Commerce. For the past few decades, politicians in various administrations have wrecked our economic and industrial standing with gargantuan and nonsensical regulations. These regulations, combined with our high corporate tax rate, are part of the reason why American jobs have vanished. It has not started under the Obama administration, but Obama has done nothing to correct it. The President has not advocated economic reform, and neither has anyone in his Cabinet. If we want Americans to become employed again, to become wealthier, then we need someone who understands that the American economy cannot be so overtly lorded over. John Stossel knows that Americans need economic freedom to become prosperous again, so that's why I would nominate him to become Secretary of Commerce.

Response to Buddy Roemer:

Pre-Approved by Press Secretary Juliet Barham.

"I am glad that Governor Roemer has agreed to join my campaign. I welcome his endorsement, and he is free to fight for me any time. You know, Roemer and I have plenty of common ground, the biggest of which is that we both desire to restore the liberty of the American people. How can we expect the life of the common man when bigwigs push for only their own interests? Big business and big unions have been increasing regulations and burden on middle and lower America. The Democrats may talk big about being for the common man, but their allegiance to unions and liberal activist PACs is proof that they are not being truthful. Even the Republicans, the party I belong to, are being corrupted by the authoritarian grasp of elitism. Look, the fate of this great nation belongs to the American people, not special interest groups. The common man will not survive while DC insiders punish him with taxes and regulations merely for trying to better himself and his loved ones. I am the candidate most willing to go against the elites that have allowed our problems to become as pervasive as they are now, and that's why Roemer has endorsed me."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »

(I am going ahead and making my endorsement requests so I can devote my schedule solely to itself. I think it will look neater that way.)

Governor Haslam's Endorsement Requests:

With the primaries beginning soon, Governor Haslam is seeking the endorsements of the following people. The endorsements will be clustered into similar groups of themes, or why he is wooing them for endorsements. This list will not exceed twenty people.

Type 1: Southern Politicians (Governor Haslam will continue his Southern strategy. Haslam will appeal to the following politicians on his record as Governor of Tennessee and also on common issues. For example, Haslam will primarily discuss foreign policy with Tom Cotton while his endorsement hunt with Lamar Alexander would be over education. Zell Miller is a special case, as Haslam wants to prove that he is willing to work across party lines and to prove that he will be a President for all Americans, not just a party hardliner. While Miller is a rather conservative Democrat, he is still a Democrat, so Haslam is willing to take the gamble.)

1. Senator Lamar Alexander (R - TN)
2. Senator Bob Corker (R - TN)
3. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn (R - TN)
4. Fmr. Governor Zell Miller (D - GA)
5. Lt. Governor Casey Cagle (R - GA)
6. Senator Johnny Isakson (R - GA)
7. Congressman Rick Allen (R - GA)
8. Congressman Trey Gowdy (R - SC)
9. Congressman Tom Rice (R - SC)
10. Congressman Mark Sanford (R - SC)
11. Senator Tim Scott (R - SC)
12. Senator Lindsay Graham (R - SC)
13. Senator Thom Thillis (R - NC)
14. Senator Tom Cotton (R - AR)

Type 2: Political Pundits/Commentators (Governor Haslam will also seek the endorsements of conservative commentators and thinkers. Haslam believes that getting grassroots support is just as important as getting support from fellow politicians, and part of the way to get grassroots on his side, he feels, is to get endorsements from conservative political commentators. Getting the innovative political minds on his side is a worthwhile pursuit, according to Haslam. He will also tout his record with these people, but he will also claim that he is the most forward-thinking, freshest candidate in the Republican race. Haslam will argue that not only does he stand for conservative ideals, but he will be the best person to be able to enact the desired reforms as President.)

15. Dennis Prager
16. Bill Whittle
17.Rich Lowry
18. Thomas Sowell
19. Michelle Malkin
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »

Governor Haslam's Campaign Schedule, Round 5:

Jan. 17th (South Carolina):

- Townhall in Rock Hill.
- Meet with voters in Mt. Pleasant.
- Meet with voters in Charleston.

Jan. 18th (New Hampshire):

- Townhall in Concord.
- Townhall in Exeter.
- Meet with voters in Durham.
- Meet with voters in Portsmouth.
- Mini-Special: Fish with voters at a coastal town, including a photoshoot.

Jan. 19th (Florida):

- Barnstorm in Tallahassee.
- Meet with voters in St. Augustine.
- Barnstorm in Jacksonville.
- Hold a pro-police rally in Jacksonville.

Police Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will continue to flaunt a pro-police and tough on crime platform at a rally. Police and police veterans get in free. Haslam will continue to support the plight of policemen, as he has consistently done during his campaign. He will continue to campaign that he is the Presidential candidate most able to combat rising crime rates. Finally, he will criticize the current administration for allowing the "Ferguson Effect," or the new rise in crime, to occur. He will call for a push to reform the justice system to return to the low crime rates of the 90's and the 2000's, as "safety is what defends liberty."

Jan. 20th (Nevada):

- Meet with voters in Winnemuca.
- Townall in Reno.
- Barnstorm in Carson City.
- Barnstorm in Nye County.
- Meet with voters in Las Vegas.

Jan. 21st (Iowa):

- Barnstorm in Waterloo.
- Barnstorm in Ames.
- Meet with voters in Cedar Rapids.

Jan. 22nd (Tennessee):

- This is technically a day off for Haslam. We will be taking his family on a day-long vacation, still being a family man and all. However, he will take some time to make quick phone calls to check up on endorsements and his campaign staff.

Jan. 23rd (Lousiana):

- Organize in Baton Rogue.
- Barnstorm in Baton Rogue.
- Meet with voters in New Orleans.
- Meet with voters in Shreveport.
- Mini-Special: Attend a local rodeo in Shreveport.

Governor Haslam will attend a local rodeo and watch the event with spectators. Before and after the rodeo, he will be open to interviews on any and every issue. He will also conduct a small interview with the commentators on why he is the best person to be President for Louisianans and for America as a whole.

Haslam during the interview. At this particular point, Haslam is discussing climate change. He is not denying or confirming any scientific inquiry, but instead states that regardless, the government should be as light as possible with any regulations or policy. "Environmental laws cannot and should not harm economic growth, and the free market should be trusted to make green technology that will make the Earth environmentally safer without worsening the American standard of living."

Jan. 24th (Michigan):

- Organize in Lansig.
- Meet with voters in Lansig.
- Barnstorm in Ann Arbor.
- Barnstorn in Livonia.
- Townhall in Flint.

Jan. 25th (Georgia):

- Meet with voters in Savannah.
- Barnstorm in Statesboro.
- Barnstorm in Dublin.
- Hold Education Rally at Emory in Atlanta.

Education Rally Theme: Governor Haslam will host a rally for the students and faculty of Emory University. He will discuss his own time as a college student at Emory, and how it led him to become the successful man that he is today. As such, he will tie in education reform to the speech. He will reform student loans to stop the federal government from continuing to inflate tuition. He will let states regain more control of their own educational programs to enable students to enjoy a more specialized, focused education that benefits them the most. He will encourage higher education as a means to make Americans more competitive globally and also to bring industry back. His basic message is that education is the future of the nation, and to give American children and young adults the bright future the means to succeed,  he will be obligated to "undo the mess that the D.C. bureaucrats have carelessly made in their self-serving quests to expand their power at the expense of students."

Jan. 26th (Virginia):

- Organize in Richmond.
- Barnstorm in Richmond.
- Barnstorm in Fairfax.
- Meet with voters in Staunton.
- Meet with voters in Lynchburg.

Jan. 27th (Nevada):

- Meet with voters in Las Vegas.
- Barnstorm in Primm.
- Meet with voters in Goodsprings.
- Meet with voters in Nye County and announce Medical Marijuana position. (This is not a major or minor event, but during this time, he will announce his support for medical marijuana. He will discuss with reporters that he considers medical marijuana to be necessary for certain illnesses, and it is "not right" to deny those hurting of the medication they need.)

Jan. 28th and 29th (Iowa):

- Barnstorm in Ames.
- Barnstorm in Des Moines.
- Meet with voters in Mason City.
- Meet with voters in Sioux City.
- Barnstorm in Council Bluffs.
(Repeat for Jan. 29th)

Jan. 30th (Iowa):

- Meet with voters in Ames.
- Meet with voters in Iowa City.
- Return to Des Moines and prepare for the Iowa Caucus.

(OOC: Holy balls this post is long. Is this fine since this turn consists of two weeks, or do I need to edit and shorten it?)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies