Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:34:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloomberg slams liberal "culture of censorship" in Ivy League  (Read 10016 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 31, 2014, 05:05:01 AM »
« edited: May 31, 2014, 05:08:17 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

LOL, if universities were censoring conservatives, UC Berkeley would have fired John Yoo long ago.

Stanford once fired a tenured professor for being too liberal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Bruce_Franklin

Bloomberg is 100% wrong here.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2014, 12:05:21 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

The GOP has wasted more of your money than the Democrats could ever dream of doing. And truly wasted it, not just put it into state programs that you may think are suboptimal.

Look at spending growth in the United States. A lion's share is mandatory entitlement spending.

And a lion's share of that mandatory entitlement spending is caused by the GOP's Medicare Part D.

Maybe it's just because I was eight at the time, but I don't recall Democrats raising hackles about Part D, either. I haven't read much on it though, I could be wrong on that. But I'm currently under the impression it was uncontroversial at the time.

LOL, uncontroversial bills don't have the vote take hours in the middle of the night until they bribe and threaten enough Congressmen for it to barely pass. You clearly didn't pay the slightest attention to how it passed the House.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_Prescription_Drug,_Improvement,_and_Modernization_Act

LOL, "uncontroversial".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:17:58 AM »

If there was discrimination against conservatives in academia, UC Berkeley would have figured out how to fire John Yoo instead of giving him a chair. But nope, the university with the 2nd most liberal faculty members (Cornell is first) gave him a promotion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies