Duterte: Hitler killed millions of Jews, I will kill millions of drug addicts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:56:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Duterte: Hitler killed millions of Jews, I will kill millions of drug addicts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Duterte: Hitler killed millions of Jews, I will kill millions of drug addicts  (Read 3782 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: September 30, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »
« edited: September 30, 2016, 03:18:57 PM by ag »

I would simply stop all government-to-government contacts. US troops should be withdrawn from Mindanao (and everywhere else in the country) within a week or less - whether Philippine government is ready to take over or not. Embassador should be recalled for indefinite consultations, with a junior diplomat left in charge of skeleton staff. Phone calls should be returned by junior officials. US businessmen should be proactively informed that US government will not be able to protect their interests in any way if anything goes wrong. Philippines are of insufficient importance to the US to bother much in this case. If China wants to take over as their main protector, it should be welcome.

And, of course, the fact that Israel still has an embassador in Manila is a sign of how hypocritical that country´s government is. Had a head of any Muslim or European state said something 1/10th as offensive, they would have been jumping up and down in fake rage. They seem to be pretty damn silent.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:23:30 PM »

I would simply stop all government-to-government contacts. US troops should be withdrawn from Mindanao (and everywhere else in the country) within a week or less - whether Philippine government is ready to take over or not. Embassador should be recalled for indefinite consultations, with a junior diplomat left in charge of skeleton staff. Phone calls should be returned by junior officials. US businessmen should be proactively informed that US government will not be able to protect their interests in any way if anything goes wrong. Philippines are of insufficient importance to the US to bother much in this case. If China wants to take over as their main protector, it should be welcome.

Uh, yeah, I actually think Duterte would be okay with this. Tongue His side of the Pilipino political spectrum wants US troops out of the country.

Sure. Let him handle it. I think, it would be a coincidence of wants.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:34:37 AM »

And, of course, the fact that Israel still has an embassador in Manila is a sign of how hypocritical that country´s government is. Had a head of any Muslim or European state said something 1/10th as offensive, they would have been jumping up and down in fake rage. They seem to be pretty damn silent.

The problem is Duterte seems more than willing to let this happen. Willing to bury the South China Sea issue, even. Chinese Ambassador gave a speech, could hardly contain his delight.

Sure. Let him do this. He might even get to be the second secretary of the Pilipino Autonomous district's party organization.

As long as the US takes in the refugees, I am fine about it.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:17:00 AM »

The problem is Duterte seems more than willing to let this happen. Willing to bury the South China Sea issue, even. Chinese Ambassador gave a speech, could hardly contain his delight.

Sure. Let him do this. He might even get to be the second secretary of the Pilipino Autonomous district's party organization.

As long as the US takes in the refugees, I am fine about it.

Not going to happen. Wouldn't be surprised if Duterte is yanking America's chain because he knows that being absorbed into China's direct political sphere might start a domino effect in SEA. I mean, the US could call the bluff, but, when do they ever?

Actually, if anything, it will have the opposite effect (unless Trump is elected in the US). It would be an objective reason why US is much preferable as a partner.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 05:38:41 PM »

I am usually not a fan of intervention in foreign powers, but like, slit his throat. Please.

Send him to China.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies