Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:53:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supersoulty drops out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7734 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: April 26, 2004, 11:08:31 AM »

This is sad to see. I hope Supersoulty will reconsider, even though I can't help to agree with his points.

I would like to echo the setniments of my friend gustaf.

This is a very sad occassion.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 01:03:22 PM »

I know what you guys are saying, but please don't go Sad  The Republicans here make this stuff interesting.

Tell that to a few of your fellow Dems and some of the Progressives, who (for me) are the cause for the decline in fun on the forum.  In any case, I have no issue with you, Nation.  Smiley  It's just a handful in your party I'm at odds with.

name names lol.

I hope that this issue can be resolved soon and will strive to achieve a better forum as Senator for the Western region.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 01:21:59 PM »

It's probably not necessary for him to name names, its shifting the shape of the forum's attitude that counts.

I was kidding Wink, I don't want names, I have an idea of who he means.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 01:40:41 PM »

Let me get this straight, Don posts a clever criticism of Shifter saying the forum should be mor epositive, and Shifter denies being a negative force and promptly attacking Don.  Is this the f'ing twilight zone?

Welcome to the Desert of the Real.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 02:16:47 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2004, 02:18:22 PM by Senator John F. Kennedy »

Let me just clear some things up:

1) I'm not leaving the forum entirly.  I'm just leaving the fantasy elections.

2) When I ran for President, I never expected any powers or anything of the like.  I just wanted to have fun.  I expected to be nothing better than a "Grand Pooba" with just a title and some recongnition for my possition.  That's it.  That's what I envisioned for this entire process.

I never wanted a "Fantasy Government".  I never wanted Constitutions, or Governors, or Justices, or Senators, or Party Bosses.  I just wanted to have fun.  We aren't having that anymore.  It's not Nym's fault, it is not the Progressives fault (although they pressed for all this crap), it is everyone's fault.  We all let it come to this, because those who were for it wanted to go balls out and those who were against it (such as myself) just went with the flow so we wouldn't piss everyone off.  However, everyone is already pissed off, so that gives at least one group cause to speak-up.

So what would I do?  Well, get rid of the Party Bosses, get rid of the "Fantasy Government", get rid of the Supreme Court and for God's sake get rid of the Constitution (sorry Dan, I know you worked hard, but it has become such a damn hassel).  Stick to ELECTIONS.  Have Presidential election, we can have some Senate elections, have a basic set of election rules and have fun!  That's why we started this.  The possitions should mean NOTHING.  It should be to enjoy.  This has all taken up valuible time that we could have used debating the real issues.  It has brought people ot the forum whos only purpose is to take part in the elections and government so they can show everyone on the world-wide-web that their penis is bigger than that of the guy who they beat.

It shouldn't be this way.  Valuible members such as JR have left because this is out of control.  It's time to put an end to it and if you guys can then I will come back to have fun.

That's all.

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

p.s. get on AIM, I want to talk to you.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 02:43:43 PM »

I do agree with many of the sentiments that Supersoulty has put forth. I too wanted things to be a little more simplified, with more focus on the election aspect. I enjoyed the debates that we had before the first election because they focused on real issues, not on Fantasy government. Even though it was a fantasy election, it was a real debate, very similar to an actual Presidential debate in terms of questions and answers. That was fun. Bureaucracy isn't fun, at least not for me. I work in government in real life, and I put up with enough of that stuff every day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I love working to help people, but I don't like red tape. In the real world, bureaucracy is necessary in order to ensure that everyone gets treated equally, and without bias. But if there is one thing that bureacuracy isn't, it's fun. That's one thing I will definitely attest to, and agree wholeheartedly with. Elections are fun, but the actual process of running and managing government (as necessary as that is) isn't fun. Since this whole Fantasy elections thing is supposed to be fun, we should try to make it as non-bureaucratic as possible (without letting it go to the point of descending into chaos).

That's just my $0.02.

Hear, hear.

This brings up another point. Back then the fantasy election ad an image of being set in real life, rather than in the context of the forum. This also added some to the fun.

Agreed and it was much easier to run campaigns Wink

I must agree also.

Off topic, but Ford, you read Virgil eh? read any of his stuff in original latin?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 03:52:27 PM »

Off topic, but Ford, you read Virgil eh? read any of his stuff in original latin?

I wouldn't say I read Virgil.  I've read the Aeneid, but not in Latin.

ah, I have read Orpheus and Eurydice and Elysium in latin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies