92,000 damning documents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:58:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  92,000 damning documents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 92,000 damning documents  (Read 4722 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« on: July 26, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »

This is fantastic.

Wikileaks is the talibans propaganda arm.

What a dumb thing to say.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »

I support treason if there's a valid reason. Rhyme not intended. Gimme a break with this patriotic nonsense.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2010, 10:25:41 AM by Earth »

I support treason if there's a valid reason. Rhyme not intended. Gimme a break with this patriotic nonsense.

Sorry dude, killing troop morale is not a good thing. I am all for open government but in one sense I agree that the military does need to keep certain things secret, not forever, mind you but for a period of time. We would have never won World War Two with our current media. The person who leaked this committed a crime and should be treated in the proper way a traitor should be treated.

Maybe you forgot about how the media has changed compared to the way it operated in WWII, but it was a much more transparent entity than it is now. Even during the Vietnam War. Now, the media feels as though it has no responsibility to deliver quality news about the war, and the army chokes them off because they're afraid of letting them into too much. Vietnam was a boon for the media, but a serious impediment to the military. Look at the ridiculous fad that was 'embedding' journalists with troops.

I don't give two sh**ts of a rat's ass about troop morale. There are more important things, particularly now, when information is so valuable, and the media wouldn't touch it. I'm glad these various papers took it seriously enough to run with the story.

And I made a mistake. Julian Assange, the guy behind wikileaks, is an Austrian. There's no treason. Had he been an American, I'd still feel the same, and I'd applaud him and his site for releasing these documents. I applaud the whistle blower, too, whoever he is. The military has to realize people are fed up with this war, and won't tolerate the way they operate, when so many lives are at stake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies