Office of Senate Speaker Windjammer (Farewell) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:35:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senate Speaker Windjammer (Farewell) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senate Speaker Windjammer (Farewell)  (Read 3420 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: April 12, 2015, 02:52:36 PM »

Why is the Senate such a generally god-awful place, and why did I ever decide to focus on trying to win so many seats in that chamber at the expense of the regions? Tongue
Well, I know that some people like Lumine and Foucaulf are trying to deteriorate the current atlasian atmosphere for partisan gains, but really, don't be fooled by that. Senators seem to appreciate each other, some bills have passed/failed by a strong consensus. There is really a working atmosphere and that's really great to work with all these people Cheesy.

How exactly is Lumine "trying to deteriorate the current atlasian atmosphere for partisan gains"? By moderating the gubernatorial debate in the South? By reviving a harmless but informative media outlet? Or by posting polls?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »

By posting polls. I find it strange to see the number of threads created just about a bill. I really wonder why...

Are you serious? Posting polls on bills that have attracted a lot of attention and are debated vigorously by several members of the Senate is an attempt at deteriorating the political atmosphere in your book?

If Atlasians are no longer allowed to do that without being accused of harming the political discourse in the game, what else is there left to do in Atlasia?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »

No, I am actually shocked about some things that have been happening lately.

A few Senators and the President are more or less openly discouraging citizens from posting in Senate threads even when their contributions are useful. Now we have a Senate Speaker who attacks a private citizen for conducting polls on controversial bills. Both things would have been unheard of in Atlasia just a few months ago

Things are getting worse really quickly, and if there are officeholders who want to stifle participation in this game completely this is exactly what they need to do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies