Maine's Question 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:14:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maine's Question 1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine's Question 1  (Read 158296 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: October 31, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

I think "Yes" will win in the end. There will be a % of people, who will tell everyone they're voting no, trying to look all gay rights. But in the end, I think there will be some people that at the end of the day, don't feel letting two people of the same sex marry. It didn't pass in California, despite the state's liberalness. If it didn't make it through there, I don't think gay marriage will make it in Maine either.

I think you are overstating California's liberalism, especially social liberalism. Southern California is much more populist than it is liberal. Just see how well Bush did there in 2004. But in a year like 2008 with the economy collapsing they swung back to the democrats. The bay area is of course very socially liberal but it only makes up about 20% of the voting population. The central valley is very socially conservative and so is a large chunk of Southern California. It wouldn't be very surprising if states in the northeast or the pacific northwest states would be more receptive to gay marriage than California. The bay area may be the most liberal metro area in the country on the gay marriage issue, but it doesn't matter as much on the larger scale of California politics.

Yeah, California isn't a tree-hugging pot-smoking hippie social liberal state like most people in the US think it is.

Obviously, go NO.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »

No, no, no, no, no all the way!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »

Polls have closed now.

First results:

No: 45 (88%)
Yes: 6 (12%)

What a great precinct that is.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »

19/608 in

No   7,130   51%
   Yes   6,900   49%
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

22 of 608 Precincts Reporting - 4%
   Name   Votes   Vote %
   No   9,370   56%
   Yes   7,406   44%

YEAH
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »

Do it for everybody, Maine. Please. If you do I'll honour you in every way possible. Do it Maine, mar plij.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »

I know I'm biased, but I have a good feel for this. I think No will pull it out.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

GO NO NO NO NO NO

Please do it, Maine.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 07:37:13 AM »

Maine, go fuck yourself you regressive bigoted piece of sh**t state. What a worthless dump.

I'm majorly pissed off.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

Nah, it's pretty popular in liberal territory. Have you seen the town results map? Down in Cumberland, some parts of York and on the midcoast, No won by large margins, but up in the rural and catholic part of the state, they got blown out of the water.

Well, if you consider cities like Lewiston and Augusta to be liberal, then yeah, maybe it's not popular in liberal territory, but...

And don't make it sound like it was a large margin. Smiley A few years ago, this sort of referendum might not even have broken 40% in the state, especially on an off-off year.

U r stupid librul biash. Maine is a hippie librul tree-huggin state all around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies