Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:44:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 21646 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 28, 2016, 08:54:50 PM »

You know where else has stage-managed audience involvement in performances and "card stunts?" The wonderful nation of North Korea!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:03:18 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2016, 09:05:13 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

The douche yelling "encore" needs to shut up. They have a schedule.

You know where else has stage-managed audience involvement in performances and "card stunts?" The wonderful nation of North Korea!

Acting like a jealous heifer is never a good look. You've chosen hate and division, but we've chosen unity.
Yeah, that is why you guys booed every mention of Hillary's name and the guy who led the effort to kill Osama right?

Don't you have some peeps to be tweeting Anthony Weiner?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »

Looks like I touched a nerve. Just ignore me if you don't want to hear critiques of the propaganda fest.\

Also the NFL.

What was your point again?
The NFL is also creepy and lame, so what is your point?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »

He hasn't gotten his...uh..."brief relaxation" in today. I'm sure a lovely girl from the Emperors Club VIP page is being jetted in as we speak.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »

I just love how thin some of your guys skin is; how do you move your arms? Does the bone not break through? If you can't handle me, how are you gonna handle SNL or Howard Stern? Sheesh!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:38 PM »

I feel that Chelsea, being trained since day one, should be a masterful public speaker.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »

I just love how thin some of your guys skin is; how do you move your arms? Does the bone not break through? If you can't handle me, how are you gonna handle SNL or Howard Stern? Sheesh!

Into the abyss with you.
Seek a 5140.

He hasn't gotten his...uh..."brief relaxation" in today. I'm sure a lovely girl from the Emperors Club VIP page is being jetted in as we speak.

You're just a delightful ball of fun aren't you.

It is cute how he is disguising his meltdown with trolling.
Hey, I'm just feeding off your panic from day one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »

This is a pretty monotone speech.

She's not a politician... what do you expect. She's probably nervous as hell.

She'll be compared to Ivanka. That's the standard in this cycle. Just as Hillary will be compared to Donald.

Maybe, but doesn't change the facts.
Ivanka and Chelsea are both friends, I don't see any competition between them.

I don't want to be critical of politician children, but Chelsea isn't a child anymore. She's 36 years old. She continues to talk like she's 18.
I remember her being a pretty good figure on the stump on the 2008 trail, too, which was so odd.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »

Into the abyss with you.
Seek a 5140.

It's actually a 5150. Let's try another defeat, shall we?

Away, you miserable drunk. Your panic deserves a defeat.
Then why am I winning?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 09:25:38 PM »

Into the abyss with you.
Seek a 5140.

It's actually a 5150. Let's try another defeat, shall we?

Away, you miserable drunk. Your panic deserves a defeat.
Then why am I winning?

If you were winning you wouldn't be in this thread at all.
I mean, the usual thing that I and most Atlas posters do when they lose a debate is slink away quietly.

^^ what's in the dictionary next to "understatement"
The world is going to be a very, very weird place when he's no longer providing dramatic voiceovers Tongue.

Just saying, I think this thread is supposed to be about the convention and not Disney gifs, but that's just me.
InvisbleObama needs something that he can understand to make his point, I guess.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Then why am I winning?

Only in a dream. A sweet dream of victory. Please, do not wake up. It would be so hard to bear your disappointment.
[/quote]
Are you so upset with me that I'm critiquing the convention that you are literally wishing me death?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »

Hillary hugs her daughter. Great way of humanizing her.
I'm....I'm assuming this is a joke, right? Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »

Are you so upset with me that I'm critiquing the convention that you are literally wishing me death?

No. Just an alcoholic stupor Smiley

And not because I am upset - I am not Smiley But because I think it is the natural state you are converging to. And I like when things are natural Smiley
The common word for "please do not wake up" is death.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »

I wish you all could see my grin right now.
Is it demented like Ags or dopey like InvisbleObamas?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 09:38:53 PM »

I wish you all could see my grin right now.
Is it demented like Ags or dopey like InvisbleObamas?

Relax. Smile. Read some poetry. Life is fun Smiley
I'm having a lot of fun! Are you having fun in your Putin proof fear bunker?

Hillary hacks need to get some thicker skin, maybe after she loses

Lol,

Shes going to WIN big as the republicans keep pushing anti-government crap and the same old deregulations that started the depression and the great recession. Your party will never win another presidential election again until you stop.
Trump cannot be defeated until you renounce your cuckholdry

Clinton cannot be defeated until you renounce your use of the word cuck.
Did your wife's boyfriend tell you that?

Weren't you a Rubio fanboy during the primaries? Go back to the foamshed.
The Warsaw Ballroom is a happening place! Ask Angel Barrios!

Why can't we be friends Why Can't we be friendddds

Ah yes because America is so partisan
Honestly, bipartisanship is basically a Democratic buzzword for "give us what we want or we'll call you mean."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 09:46:19 PM »

we...will...not...ban...a....religion

It's not flowing very well

She's a better off freestyling a speech.
She's incapable of anything spontaneous.

I'll admit my bias, but there just seems to be far more genuine emotion for Clinton in this room than for Trump in last week's.
That's because there are a ton of red avatars on here and a few sane blue ones. Half the blue ones are fake Republicans. Atlas is great for its red avatar shrill.
He means the actual convention hall; the Democrats have twice as many delegates as the Republicans.

Man, Trump is going to regret using that line.

I actually think that is one of the few "mistakes" that Atlas Democrats pounce on that was actually harmful. Not as bad as the condescending "Jeb'll fix it" but still pretty dumb.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

LMAO, I usually don't read this forum anymore, but reading Sanchez and guineapig think they are great trolls after they get like 2 responses to their posts is somewhat hilarious Grin
I'm not praising my trolling; I don't think I'm a troll. But I don't get the compulsive need for you guys to respond to every criticism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:36 PM »

Wow, did anyone hear all that booing when she accepted the nomination? This convention is a disaster.
I heard it, but to be fair, it was the absolute chaos day one when they couldn't even mention her name.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 09:55:33 PM »

I can literally hear the remotes clicking across the country right now, this is pretty dull. I think most people's minds are pretty much set until the debates.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 10:00:29 PM »

I've heard a bunch of Hillary speeches and this is above and beyond her best one.
This? Nah. This isn't terrible, but this is pretty boring by her standard. She was pretty great when she clinched the magic number earlier this summer.

I can literally hear the remotes clicking across the country right now, this is pretty dull. I think most people's minds are pretty much set until the debates.

Anything after a speech from an angry, frothing at the mouth sociopath will seem "boring". This speech isn't immature name calling and fearmongering.
No, it's just more boring empty promises. People have heard it before, they'll hear it again. People are afraid, and they want to hear solutions, not "everything under Obama is great! Smiley" speech after speech. And of course, there is the Trump being Trump wildcard factor of it all.

Some of this speech may come across as "boring" to "average Americans" (ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh) but she's making a strong case for herself, and getting in some good sound bytes.
In the end, that is what matters. Hence why I referenced the remotes clicking. My parents aren't watching, they'll hear what they need to hear on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
I think a convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters for a non-endorsement is a very unified convention.

A convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters FOR endorsing is a very disunited one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »

Wow, did anyone hear all that booing when she accepted the nomination? This convention is a disaster.

Haha, no

I think you would have to be either lying or deaf to say that. Rewind and watch it again. She paused for a good half-full minute as people were booing. It's not even like you had listen closely to hear all the booing.

You could literally hear nothing unless you were listening very closely. I think you're projecting.

I heard it as clear as day.

You were going to give the speech an F regardless.
So how did you vote in the "Opinion of the Trump speech" thread if you are so open minded? Care to screenshot your vote?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »

Haha, no

I think you would have to be either lying or deaf to say that. Rewind and watch it again. She paused for a good half-full minute as people were booing. It's not even like you had listen closely to hear all the booing.

You could literally hear nothing unless you were listening very closely. I think you're projecting.

I said I heard the booing as clear as day.

You're still projecting, it wasn't there.
Are the journalists from the Tampa Bay Times projecting it too? Or are they part of the Vast Right Wing conspiracy too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:08 PM »

All these blue avatars talking smack are just nervous lol.
Judging by the response to Cleveland by the red avatars, then you guys are beyond nervous. You guys are ready to go off the edge! Calm your nips.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »

I've heard a bunch of Hillary speeches and this is above and beyond her best one.
This? Nah. This isn't terrible, but this is pretty boring by her standard. She was pretty great when she clinched the magic number earlier this summer.

Anything after a speech from an angry, frothing at the mouth sociopath will seem "boring". This speech isn't immature name calling and fearmongering.
No, it's just more boring empty promises. People have heard it before, they'll hear it again. People are afraid, and they want to hear solutions, not "everything under Obama is great! Smiley" speech after speech. And of course, there is the Trump being Trump wildcard factor of it all.

Some of this speech may come across as "boring" to "average Americans" (ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh) but she's making a strong case for herself, and getting in some good sound bytes.
In the end, that is what matters. Hence why I referenced the remotes clicking. My parents aren't watching, they'll hear what they need to hear on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
I think a convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters for a non-endorsement is a very unified convention.

A convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters FOR endorsing is a very disunited one.

There were a lot of empty seats at the RNC and the speakers list was weak, which was disastrous. But, the RNC was supposedly a success to some people, so whatever.
I voted a C. But at least it was united and at least Trump got the bounce (whatever happened to that negative bounce you all predicted) so I guess it was a success. Not great. But this isn't either.

Haha, no

So how did you vote in the "Opinion of the Trump speech" thread if you are so open minded? Care to screenshot your vote?

I gave the speech a C. The other thread, I think i voted HS.
Heh.

Did Clinton make a joke that was actually sort of funny?? What?
I wonder if she paid Al Franken as much as she paid Katy Perry for the song licensing for that joke?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »

I'm not hearing any booing right now, but yes, there was some when she accepted.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 10:11:19 PM »

I mean, sure, some people may switch this off, and the media reception will be key, but perhaps some people will tune in during the more "electric" parts.
I don't know, how will they know when it gets good? Once I quit watching a speech, I quit watching.

She's starting to get up to her usual pace. As long as she doesn't start to yell or get too excited, she'll be fine.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies