R2k-Kos: Matthews looks good in Dem. primary, tied general, Toomey fails (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:23:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  R2k-Kos: Matthews looks good in Dem. primary, tied general, Toomey fails (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R2k-Kos: Matthews looks good in Dem. primary, tied general, Toomey fails  (Read 8338 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »

This is why I would hate to see Specter lose the primary. I just don't see Toomey winning unless the environment is really good for the GOP in 2010.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:40:08 AM »

This is why I would hate to see Specter lose the primary. I just don't see Toomey winning unless the environment is really good for the GOP in 2010.

Based on what? He's trailing his "toughest opponent" by eleven points at a time when the "D" after someone's name usually leaves them with at least a high single digit lead in the General. Plus, that eleven point lead would evaporate once you take away Matthews name recognition advantage and throw in some of his negatives. To only be trailing Murphy and Schwartz by an average of seven points is also awesome given the current climate.

I don't deny the advantages that Specter would have but to view this as terrible news for Toomey is really silly.

I would hope that things are better by 2010 for the GOP. If the Democrats still have the advantage, things for the party will be looking bleak.

Can Toomey win in the Philly suburbs like Specter can? That will be key to him beating whoever he runs against.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies