2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:08:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9540 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: April 22, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

June 19, 2019:

Baker Announces Presidential Campaign

"Bostonians, thank you so much for arriving to see my speech! As we all know, the Republican Party is going up in the polls, and we have to be sure not to botch that. Back in 2016, we couldn't unite as a party, and that resulted in another disastrous President Clinton. Clinton won her nomination in the least democratic way possible. As a result, Clinton has already went back on many of her campaign promises. Her first term has been nothing more than a failure, a catastrophe, a disaster for the United States.

However, the Democrats aren't the only problem. The Republican Party is gradually being taken over by extremism. We need to take this party back to its roots. We are not the party of Donald Trump. We are the party of Abraham Lincoln. We are the party of Theodore Roosevelt. We are the party of Eisenhower and Reagan.

But enough about the past. Let's talk more about the candidate who I am. I was able to win two elections in the bluest of all blue states and kept my approval ratings higher than almost every other governor. Sure, you'll hear some people call me a 'moderate'. But the extremist elements of the Republican Party are why it fell apart in 2016. We need to patch this party back together, and Charlie Baker will work with you all along the way, just as I worked with the residents of Massachusetts. I promise you that if you nominate me, the Republican Party will be winning a whole lot more than 181 electoral votes. Thank you all, and may God bless you."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

Charlie Baker Campaign Schedule:

November 29:

Town Hall in Derry, NH
Town Hall in Manchester, NH
Town Hall in Keene, NH

November 30:

Town Hall in Claremont, NH
Town Hall in Concord, NH
Town Hall in Laconia, NH
Town Hall in Dover, NH

Excerpt from the Concord town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, as you know, the issue of transgender rights has heated up quite a bit in recent years. What would your opinion be on this?
A: I believe that, honestly, transgender people should be able to use whatever restroom they wish. I supported gay rights when that was a hot-button issue, and I see no reason why transgender rights should be any different.

December 1:

Town Hall in Conway, NH
Town Hall in Berlin, NH
Town Hall in Lebanon, NH

December 2:

Arrive in Iowa
Rally in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Muscatine, IA
Town Hall in Wapello, IA

December 3:

Town Hall in Burlington, IA
Town Hall in Fort Madison, IA
Town Hall in Keosauqua, IA

December 4:

Town Hall in Bloomfield, IA
Town Hall in Centerville, IA
Town Hall in Corydon, IA

December 5:

Town Hall in Lamoni, IA
Town Hall in Mount Ayr, IA
Town Hall in Bedford, IA

December 6:

Town Hall in Clarinda, IA
Town Hall in Hamburg, IA
Town Hall in Glenwood, IA

Excerpt from the Clarinda town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, what will your top priority be as President?
A: We have to create more jobs for the American people. Due to presidents Obama and Clinton, countless jobs have been lost. These hardworking men and women didn't deserve to lose these jobs because the government wanted more control. As President, I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to shrink the government and give these people their jobs back.

December 7:

Town Hall in Red Oak, IA
Town Hall in Corning, IA
Town Hall in Creston, IA

December 8:

Town Hall in Osceola, IA
Town Hall in Chariton, IA
Town Hall in Albia, IA

December 9:

Town Hall in Ottumwa, IA
Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
Town Hall in Mount Pleasant, IA

December 10:

Town Hall in Washington, IA
Town Hall in Sigourney, IA
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, IA

December 11:

Town Hall in Pella, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA
Town Hall in Winterset, IA

December 12:

Town Hall in Greenfield, IA
Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA

Excerpt from the Council Bluffs rally:

I have said before, people will say I'm a moderate, people will say I'm a RINO, people will say all sorts of crazy things. Well, my belief is that we need a moderate in the White House. Both the left and the right refuse to compromise on anything. We need a moderate who can reach across the aisle, and I will be that man.

ADVERTISEMENT 001

From the very start of his political career, Charlie Baker has worked for fiscal responsibility. He managed to get elected in the Democratic stronghold of Massachusetts with high approval ratings and used his ability to compromise and economic views to make Massachusetts one of the top states in the country. And after 12 years of reckless spending, it's time to return to an era of compromise and responsibility with Charlie Baker.

To be aired in:
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »

Charlie Baker Endorsements:

"It is important that New Hampshire votes for the candidate who will actually help the people of New England, and no candidate has done more for the people of New England than Charlie Baker."

"I have known Governor Baker for many years, and I definitely know him well enough to know that he has an impressive work ethic and the goal to fix our economy once and for all."

"The fact is, after twelve years of Democrats ruining our budget, we need a sensible person in the White House. That is why I will be choosing Charlie Baker, and why all of the people in Iowa should choose him too."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »

December 13:

Town Hall in Missouri Valley, IA
Town Hall in Harlan, IA
Town Hall in Audubon, IA

December 14:

Town Hall in Stuart, IA
Town Hall in Waukee, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA (w/ Rep. David Young)

December 15:

Town Hall in Newton, IA
Town Hall in Grinnell, IA
Town Hall in Williamsburg, IA

Excerpt from the Grinnell town hall:

Q: Governor Baker, I am the owner of a small business. How will you help me and the other business owners of Iowa in this tough economy?
A: Good question. First of all, I will cut taxes on small businesses, so that they can experience economic growth without big government reaching into their pockets. Second off, I would put a stop to this excessive regulation of small businesses, so that the free market can pay off for the small business owners.

December 16:

Rally in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in Tipton, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA

December 17:

Town Hall in Maquoketa, IA
Town Hall in Anamosa, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA (w/ Sen. Kelly Ayotte)

December 18:

Town Hall in Vinton, IA
Town Hall in Tama, IA
Town Hall in Marshalltown, IA

Excerpt from Tama town hall:

Q: Governor, what would your opinion be on the Clinton invasion of Iraq?
A: I was opposed to this from the very beginning. It's always been a horrible idea to keep going into the Middle East for no good reason. This is the second mistake now that Clinton has made on the topic of Iraq. How can we trust her or any of her party on foreign policy?

December 19:

Rally in Ames, IA
Town Hall in Boone, IA
Town Hall in Jefferson, IA

December 20:

Town Hall in Carroll, IA
Town Hall in Denison, IA
Town Hall in Onawa, IA

December 21:

Rally in Sioux City, IA (w/ Sen. Scott Brown)
Town Hall in Ida Grove, IA
Town Hall in Sac City, IA

December 22:

Town Hall in Lake City, IA
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Town Hall in Webster City, IA

December 23:

Town Hall in Iowa Falls, IA
Town Hall in Grundy Center, IA
Rally in Waterloo, IA

December 24:

Town Hall in Independence, IA
Town Hall in Manchester, IA
Rally in Dubuque, IA

Excerpt from Independence town hall:

Q: You were a member of the Never Trump movement in 2016. Given that year's convention and the results, do you stand by that?
A: I stand by my stance completely. Trump was a danger to the Grand Old Party, and I guarantee you that he would have lost in an even larger landslide than Mitt Romney. We might have lost the Hispanic vote, and potentially the presidency forever if not for Romney winning in the contested convention.

December 25:

Town Hall in Guttenberg, IA
Town Hall in Oelwein, IA
Town Hall in Waverly, IA

December 26:

Town Hall in Parkersburg, IA
Town Hall in Hampton, IA
Town Hall in Eagle Grove, IA
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 08:02:59 AM »

Baker Endorsements:

"If you ask me, there is no better sensible fiscal conservative to take back the White House than Charlie Baker."

"As Governor of New Jersey, I always struck a balance between social moderation and fiscal conservatism. I believe that Charlie Baker is the only candidate who will do the same thing in the White House."

"There is no better moderate Republican to take back this country than Charlie Baker, plain and simple."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »

I'll have my schedule in at some point tonight.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 08:03:08 PM »

Sounds good to me.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 02:20:18 AM »

Baker Endorsements:

"In my opinion, the Republican Party has been going on a worrying path recently. We need to set things right, and none of the other candidates seem like they have what it takes. That's why I support Governor Baker."

"Back in 2016, when our party was hijacked by the likes of Donald Trump, I stood against his rampant xenophobia. Unfortunately, most of the Republican field simply bowed down to Trump the moment Ted Cruz dropped out. But Charlie Baker didn't. Charlie Baker is a man of principle, and he continued to stand up against Trump all the way to the convention."

"I've known Charlie Baker since he got elected in 2014, and in my opinion, he is one of the very best governors in this country. He gets my endorsement without a doubt."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:13:49 AM »

Charlie Baker campaign schedule:

December 27:

Town Hall in Humboldt, IA
Town Hall in Pocahontas, IA
Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA

December 28:

Town Hall in Cherokee, IA
Town Hall in Le Mars, IA (w/ Ben Sasse)
Town Hall in Sioux Center, IA

December 29:

Town Hall in Rock Rapids, IA
Town Hall in Sibley, IA
Town Hall in Sheldon, IA

December 30:

Town Hall in Spencer, IA
Town Hall in Spirit Lake, IA
Town Hall in Estherville, IA

December 31:

Town Hall in Emmetsburg, IA
Town Hall in Algona, IA
Town Hall in Garner, IA

January 1:

Town Hall in Forest City, IA
Town Hall in Northwood, IA
Speech in Mason City, IA

January 2:

Town Hall in Charles City, IA
Town Hall in Osage, IA
Town Hall in Cresco, IA

January 3:

Town Hall in New Hampton, IA
Town Hall in Decorah, IA
Town Hall in Waukon, IA

January 4:

Arrive in SC
Town Hall in Seneca, SC
Town Hall in Easley, SC
Speech in Anderson, SC

January 5:

Town Hall in Abbeville, SC
Town Hall in Laurens, SC
Rally in Greenville, SC

January 6:

Speech in Spartanburg, SC
Town Hall in Union, SC
Town Hall in Gaffney, SC

January 7:

Rally in Rock Hill, SC
Town Hall in Chester, SC
Town Hall in Lancaster, SC

January 8:

Town Hall in Cheraw, SC
Town Hall in Bennettsville, SC
Town Hall in Dillon, SC

January 9:

Speech in Myrtle Beach, SC
Town Hall in Marion, SC
Speech in Florence, SC
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »

Debate Questions:

Opening Statement

"Good evening, people of Texas. I'm Governor Charlie Baker, and I am running for president. For almost twelve years now, Democrats have had control of the White House, not to mention control of the Senate for about half of that time, and look how that's ended up. In 2016, our party was almost hijacked by a xenophobic businessman who was willing to let Hillary Clinton just walk to the presidency. Thanks to that, we are now in what could very well be the deepest recession since the Great Depression. But there is no reason to believe this can't be fixed by sensible policies. When elected, I will cut taxes on sales and businesses to help them grow economically once again. I will also cut this insane amount of government spending enough so that money is not wasted. With these reforms, I am 100 percent confident that this recession will end once and for all and that we will not senselessly allow ourselves to rack up debt like the Obama and Clinton administrations have."

"What is your plan to win the Republican Primaries and be elected in November?"

"Some of you may not have known this yet, but I have visited every county in Iowa, every county in New Hampshire, and am currently in the process of visiting every county in the state of South Carolina. My plan is simple: I want to be able to meet as many voters as I can face to face, let them ask questions about me and my ideas for this country, just give them a more personal experience. You'll see many politicians these days just making a few speeches in a few big cities and nothing else, but I don't. I make sure to hold as many town halls as I can in as many places as possible, so that you can all learn more about me."

"What is your opinion on recently deceased President George W. Bush?"

"You know, sometimes, you'll hear liberal Democrats saying Bush wasn't a good president. That's a ridiculous notion right there. Bush made a number of important reforms to help the United States. He made tax cuts to encourage economic growth, just as I am planning to do. He was willing to toe the line on healthcare, but not bend to the will of the liberal Democratic machine. He helped the victims of the September 11th attacks and Hurricane Katrina, and showed us that it's possible to fight a war without completely ruining the country while doing so. In many ways, George W. Bush was an amazing president, and I would certainly take him over this Obama-Clinton Democratic dynasty any day of the millennium."

"You are being called a Massachusetts Moderate, similar to Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, and Mitt Romney. What is your response to these claims?"

"First of all, let's make this very clear. Comparing me to liberals like Governor Dukakis and Secretary Kerry is ridiculous, and making those claims would merely be lying to yourself. With that said, I did work with William Weld and Mitt Romney, but they would only be considered 'moderate' compared to the worrying direction people like Donald Trump and his supporters have been taking the Republican Party towards. I have always considered myself, first and foremost, a fiscal conservative, and all the policies I have implemented in Massachusetts have been fiscally conservative. Yes, some would call me a social moderate, but again, this is only due to the fact that the Republican Party has been driven further and further to the right. Overall, I would refer to myself as a sane, sensible conservative."
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »

bump
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies