2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:12:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Election Game (Interactive Game TL Gameplay thread)  (Read 9564 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: April 22, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
June 24, 2019

I just wanted to start by thanking y'all so much for coming out tonight. You I appreciate everything y'all do in proving that Louisiana is truly the 'Big Easy' and truly the home for hospitality. I would be nothing without you. And the entire state of Louisiana would be nothing without the energy and the love of its people.

But tonight I want to address something serious. I want to address the loveless and inhospitable world of partisan politics that are dividing our country and leaving its control in the hands of radicals and corrupt Washington elites who wouldn't know an honest day's work if it hit them in the face. These folks have ignored the real issues surrounding every day Americans. These folks, seek to denigrate these issues as "kitchen table issues". Well I'm going to be taking these issues straight from the kitchen table to the Oval Office! It is high time that we do away with elitism and corruption in the chambers of our government. We need to show Washington that we will put America first and foremost in our minds and in our platforms.

So that is why tonight, I'm announcing my candidacy for the Democratic nomination for the President of the United States. It's time that we bring the values and the hospitality of the French Quarter to Pennsylvania Avenue! You've helped do the impossible so far. You've elected this old Democrat to the highest office in a safely red state, and now it's time to do it in the highest office in the entire land. Thank you! 
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 11:00:20 AM »

John Bel Edwards Campaign Schedule

November 27:
Town Hall in Haverhill, NH
Meet and Greet in Alexandria, NH
Rally in Lebanon, NH

November 28:

Town Hall in Lancaster, NH
Town Hall in Jefferson, NH
Rally in Berlin, NH

November 30:

Rally in Davenport, IA
Rally in Battendorf, IA
Town Hall in Tipton, IA

December 1:

Town Hall in Oxford, IA
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in Lone Tree, IA

December 2:

Meet and Greet in Sigourney, IA
Town Hall in Washington, IA
Rally at University of Iowa, IA

December 3:

Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Town Hall in Maquoketa, IA
Rally at Ashford University, IA

December 4:

Town Hall in Jasper, IA
Town Hall in Knoxville, IA
Town Hall in Pella, IA

December 5:

Town Hall in Altoona, IA
Town Hall in Elkhart, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA

December 6:

Town Hall in Beaver, IA
Town Hall in Webster City, IA
Meet and Greet in Grand Junction, IA

December 7:

Town Hall in Leon, IA
Town Hall in Lamoni, IA
Rally at Iowa State University, IA

December 8:

Town Hall in Sac City, IA
Meet and Greet in Early, IA
Evening Mass in Rockwell City, IA

December 9:

Town Hall in Carroll, IA
Town Hall in Denison, IA
Town Hall in Harlan, IA

December 10:

Town Hall in Logan, IA
Rally in Missouri Valley, IA
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, IA

December 11:

Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
Town Hall in Onawa, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA

December 12:

Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
Town Hall in Cherokee, IA
Town Hall in Primghar, IA

December 13:

Town Hall in Algona, IA
Town Hall in Lakota, IA
Town Hall in Forest City, IA

December 14:

Rally at Northwestern College, IA
Town Hall in Osage, IA
Town Hall in Charles City, IA
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

John Bel Edwards endorsements:

Cedric Richmond

Governor Edwards has simply worked for wonders for the state of Louisiana in general, and its Black population in particular. President Clinton has gone back on each and every promise she has made to the Black community, and has yet to answer for it!

Bill Nelson

She's lost her touch. I hate to say it, but the President has lost her touch. She's allowed this country, and our party to be ruled over by these very conservative ideals and pieces of legislation. I think Governor Edwards is frankly the best candidate out there to turn this mess around.

Dick Gephardt

You know, I never thought something like this could happen in this day and age. I truly never thought that the Democratic party would actually be led down this path. But Clinton and the neoliberal wing of the party are just leading the rest of the Democrats into a very dark place. Of the candidates running, I think he is really the only true Democrat.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 07:33:31 PM »

America Matters Advertisement

When it comes to elections and our democratic system of governance, it is important to know what matters to each of the candidates. It's no secret that political prestige is the only thing that matters to the big wigs in Washington. Shouldn't our system of values govern our political system too? America matters to Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, and he will ensure that the White House respects the wants and needs of every American. Not just the investors on Wall Street or the activists in San Francisco.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »

Whoops! Forgot to PM, thanks for the approval though!
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2016, 06:59:05 PM by Southern Gothic for Southern Legislature »

December 13:

Meet and Greet in Bevington, IA
Town Hall in New Virginia, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA

December 14:

Rally in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Nevada, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA

December 15:

Town Hall in Folly Beach, SC
Town Hall in Rockville, SC
Rally in Charleston, SC

December 16:

Town Hall in Hardeeville, SC
Town Hall in Walterboro, SC
Rally in Georgetown, SC

Excerpt from Walterboro Town Hall:
Q: Governor Edwards, I'm a teacher at one of the elementary schools in the area. And I've noticed that many of my students and my colleagues struggle with bureaucracy because of the new Common Core standards. I'm curious as to what your stance is on Common Core and what you will do to reform it.

A: As Governor of Louisiana, I vehemently opposed Common Core. Not for any financial or political reasons, but simply because I saw it as another layer of federal bureaucracy that's preventing our school system from really seeing the potential in each and every one of our students. My plan for education gives more freedom and independence to the individual teachers. Because I wholeheartedly believe that a teacher knows his or students better than an empty suit in Washington ever could.

December 17:

Town Hall in St. George, SC
Town Hall in North Charleston, SC
Town Hall in Beaufort, SC

December 18:

Town Hall in Bluffton, SC
Rally in Hilton Head, SC
Town Hall in Monck's Corner, SC

December 19:

Rally in Goose Creek, SC
Town Hall in Allendale, SC
Rally in Orangeburg, SC

December 20:

Town Hall in Cayce, SC
Town Hall in Forest Acres, IA
Rally in Columbia, SC

Excerpt from Forest Acres Town Hall:
Q: You've been running a campaign mostly dealing with domestic issues, and have only made some vague statements about your opposition to President Clinton's war in Iraq. Could you please clarify your stance on the Middle East?

A: Of course. I honestly believe that our foreign policy should accomplish two goals, the protection of American interests and the promotion of American values. I see foreign war and intervention in the Middle East as counterproductive to these goals. Our foreign policy in the post-Cold War has been disastrous. We've conducted these unilateral actions in the Middle East with little to no positive effect. My foreign policy will see war and intervention only as a last resort. With diplomacy and international cooperation being our primary tools on the global stage.

December 21:

Rally in Lexington, SC
Town Hall in Swansea, SC
Rally in York, SC

December 22:

Town Hall in Clemson, SC
Town Hall in Starr, SC
Rally in Anderson, SC

December 23:

Town Hall in Greer, SC
Town Hall in Mauldin, SC
Rally in Greenville, SC

December 24:

Town Hall in Simpsonville, SC
Town Hall in Langley, SC
Rally in Aiken, SC

Excerpt from Simpsonville Town Hall
Q: Governor Edwards, you remained largely silent during the 2016 campaign, you're only comment being that you applauded the nomination of Hillary Clinton. In what ways has president Clinton disappointed you as President?

A: Well, I think we can all agree that President Clinton's administration has been a disappointment to both the left and the right. The start of it, for me at least, was her complete abandonment of the Black Lives Matter movement when she signed the 2017 Violent Crime Act. She completely turned her back on her constituents and the good folks who got her elected in the first place.

December 25:

Town Hall in Chesnee, SC
Town Hall in Wellford, SC
Rally in Spartanburg, SC

December 26:

Town Hall in Heath Springs, SC
Town Hall in Kershaw, SC
Rally in Lancaster, SC
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:24 PM »

Brian Schweitzer

Ya know, I really had hope for this administration. I really hoped that President Clinton would learn from the harsh rhetoric that was being tossed around the election. This has really just been dirty politics. And I don't Donna Edwards really coming above that. I think we've had enough of the fire-eaters. I'm pulling for the other Edwards, personally. Governor Edwards that is.

Jay Nixon

This needs to be a time of healing for America. We need to move past the mistakes and the divides of the last decade. We need to see decisive reform in the Democratic Party and serious changes in the party platform to ensure that we are breaking down walls and building bridges. I see Governor Edwards as the best candidate to do just that.

Cory Booker

I want to give my support and my endorsement to the candidate I see as truly being representative of what America needs in a President. I support Governor John Bel Edwards because he is simply what we need in a president. He is a uniter, he is decisive, and he can actually get done what America needs getting done.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:28 AM »

I'll have my stuff up later today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies