SENATE BILL: The Severe Disability Savings Plan Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:43:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Severe Disability Savings Plan Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Severe Disability Savings Plan Act (Law'd)  (Read 1101 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:39 AM »

Don't we already have Social Security for disabled people? I've been running my entire criminal operation legitimate business on that assumption.

The average disability payment in 2013 was $1177 a month. I don't think that's nearly enough especially when you consider the extra care many disabled people require. SSDI is also based on past earnings, which excludes people who became disabled early on in their lives.

My take on Canada's Registered Disability Savings Plan.

The idea is to assist parents and guardians as they save for when they are no longer around to care for their disabled offspring. Say a child becomes disabled at 16. They cannot work and they may require care which will cost a lot of money or income forgone. How is that person supposed to provide for themselves once their parents are gone? This bill is attended to alleviate this problem.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »

Amendment is hostile.

Tyrion, I see your point but I'd rather not tax it at all. I'll introduce an amendment to that affect once your's is voted on.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »

Nay
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:54:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Offering the amendment I promised Tyrion. Withdrawals can be taken tax free at anytime. Matching funds have to stay in the plan for one year.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »

Why couldn't we just eliminate federal taxes on those classified as severely disabled instead of collecting taxes off of them in some cases and then giving some or all of it back to them through a manner such as this?

You could, but I doubt it would be effective. My standard for severe disability is quite strict. I seriously doubt many people that meet that standard earn enough ($35k) to pay federal income tax.

My amendment was adopted. I'm ready to bring this to a final vote if no one objects.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies