The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread  (Read 216994 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »

Here’s a story about Tim Ryan’s recent trips to early primary states:

http://www.myajc.com/news/what-ohio-tim-ryan/wZkEFc6Z5xmDNsWuPqyiAK/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really weird that that's coming from the Atlanta Journal Constitution... But solid analysis anywho.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

Ugh, so she picks a crazy warmonger and someone who said that the Wall Street money backed Bernie to go with?

You are aware that Senators are supposed to be collegial, right?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »

Warren raised $3.45 Million last quarter, bringing her COH to $11.03 Million. She'll probably end with a bunch of leftover money...I wonder what she might use it for...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/13/elizabeth-warren-fundraising-democrats-240488

To be fair it totally could go into a Leadership PAC if she wants to pursue the 'Senate Influence' track for the rest of her career.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 02:39:17 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2017, 02:41:30 AM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

FWIW it's worth mentioning that he had a backstage conversation with a few of his IA organizers who were in-state at the time. I haven't asked what was discussed but someone put the caption 'talking about the future' on their pictures of it.  

Shouldn't necessarily be over-interpreted, but this *is* the tea-leaves thread.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 12:04:41 PM »

Rev are pretty much the best in the business at raising money on-line. Still not a definite sign that she's running for President; this could just be building her grassroots fundraising apparatus for other reasons.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 02:19:03 PM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

Governor Steve Bullock went on the new 2020 cattlecall Pod Save America to discuss his new PAC.

Edit: you can listen to the podcast here
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 08:05:28 PM »

Greg Abbott just posted a link on his Facebook page to an article about him governing like a guy who wants to be president in 2024.
link?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »

The Brown piece makes Tim Ryan's decision to remain in the House much more understandable - if Brown is elected nationwide in 2020 he gets the Senate appointment, and if Brown isn't on the ticket/loses nationwide then he challenges Portman in a Trump six-year midterm in 2022.

Or he's a young guy in a safe seat on the right side of a massive generational bottleneck in the House...

I don't see why anything in that piece indicates a Brown 2020 run any more than any of the various other pieces on Brown have. He's a nice guy, he has the right bio if he wants to do it.

But he doesn't want to do it. He's never wanted to do it. We could pretty transparently *see * if he wanted to do it (he'd pop up in this thread a lot more, that's for sure), and he's not doing any of the things that would indicate he wants to.

He doesn't want to do it.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:03 PM »

I am also thoroughly unconvinced Hillary putting out a new book means she's looking to run.

Agreed, but I really wish that the Clintons would take the hint and retire from public life.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »

Anyone else feel like Jeff Flake is posturing, what with his book and anti-Trump op-ed?

Interesting...but he should really be focusing on his re-election campaign next year.

Maybe he thinks Kirk-ing it will somehow work for him? No clue why, but he presumably has access to more polling than I do...
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »

This is the sixth year in a row he's keynoted the Labor Day Breakfast. You'd think that they'd get bored.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »

So this is the sort of thing that frustrates me about Axios. What kind of staff? How many? Tim Ryan could be bulking up for a potential 2018 speaker bid. I once saw Sanders hiring a Foreign Policy staffer being claimed as solid evidence of a run (by Matt Yglesias I think), which is patently false.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »

I'm really glad there's finally a fresh, male perspective telling me that sexism is dead in America.

I'm not saying sexism is dead because it's not.. But sexism being the cause of Hillary's defeat? Come on.. The Left has came up with better excuses than that already.

Hillary's defeat was so tight that literally any one of a dozen factors, sexism included, could be identified as the cause.

Sexism is not the most credible argument for her loss

I think it's a very important factor to acknowledge, not pooh-pooh it as "ridiculous leftists." Sexism isn't just "I won't vote for a woman" or "Women have periods and therefore unstable," its also a subconscious changing of standards. Trump was a scandal monster, but he was still not as bad as "Crooked Hillary," who wasn't even tried with any crime.

Hillary had to be an angel and then some in order to be considered adequate, Donald could be a brute and be considered a strong leader. 

Anyway, I don't want to relitigate the election.

Should you have to be tried for a crime to be considered crooked?? Luther Strange hasn't been charged with a crime and he's crooked as hell!

Um excuse me I will not *tolerate * badmouthing the honest public official that totally followed due process on prosecuting Gov. Bentley. /s

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 10:20:28 PM »

Pete Buttigieg was in Iowa today (link is from the announcement, I saw it on the corpse of his DNC campaign page)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand rounds out the 2020 contenders going on Pod Save America

As they comment (somewhat puckishly) just before the ad break, the only serious 2020 contender left who hasn't gone on is Bernie Sanders, and I personally don't believe he's actually running.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand rounds out the 2020 contenders going on Pod Save America

As they comment (somewhat puckishly) just before the ad break, the only serious 2020 contender left who hasn't gone on is Bernie Sanders, and I personally don't believe he's actually running.

When does she speak in this? I can't seem to find it

48:50
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies