Mideast Senate Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:56:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Senate Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Senate Debate  (Read 5336 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: June 06, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »

Senator Ben and former Assemblyman JCL have stated that they would like to hold a Senate debate before the upcoming election. Both of them have accepted me as the moderator of this debate.

If you are a Mideast citizen and would like to ask the candidates a question, please send the question to me or post the question directly in this thread before the beginning of the debate. The debate will start in the next days and shall have a rather loose format. Concretely, I will ask the candidates questions on a variety of issues and both candidates will have the opportunity to address each other directly. Indeed, it's not the moderator who should be in the centre of attention but it is the candidates who are important here.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »

Are non-Mideast citizens allowed to ask questions, too?

If the candidates agree I guess that's alright.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »

Ok, the debate has officially started as it seems. From now on, the only posts that should appear in this thread are direct questions from the audience and the candidates' responses. Questions from citizens of other regions are welcome if the candidates agree to answer them, but questions from Mideast citizens (if there are more to come) have a higher priority.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

Ok, the debate has officially started as it seems. From now on, the only posts that should appear in this thread are direct questions from the audience and the candidates' responses. Questions from citizens of other regions are welcome if the candidates agree to answer them, but questions from Mideast citizens (if there are more to come) have a higher priority.

Should we hold future questions till JCL has an opportunity to respond to those already posed (if he so chooses)?

I think we should give JCL a bit of time to response to the questions that have been asked so far.

I have two questions that I would like the candidates to answer (you can answer them once all the earlier questions have been answered).

To Ben: Left-wingers repeatedly criticized you for being a PINO (progressive in name only) and a hawk. What is your response to these attacks?

To JCL: You have been accused of being a Tea Partier and an extremist, especially on social issues. What is your response to these attacks?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:34:03 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2012, 02:35:35 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

To the audience: Do not clutter this thread with comments! Only questions and the candidates' answers are wanted here!

Thank you.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:21 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 03:40:53 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

A more general question to both of you, Senator Ben and former Assemblyman JCL:

In a nutshell, what makes you a better Senator than your opponent? Why should those Mideast citizens who are still undecided support you rather than the other candidate?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 03:47:12 AM »

I'm not going to be online until Sunday evening, so I will leave you a couple more questions that you can debate. In the meantime, please behave. Wink

What is your opinion of the "Foreign Policy Transparency and Rationalization Amendment" introduced by Senator wormyguy?

What is your stance on the "Home and Private Schooling Tax Credit Act" introduced by Senator Clarence?

And, more generally, do you believe our region is on the right or the wrong track (policy- and activity-wise)? If you think our region is not on the right track, what can you personally do to improve our region?

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »

If there are no more questions by the audience or comments by Ben or JCL, the candidates may deliver their final statements.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

Thank you for the questions, SoEA SJoyceFla. JCL may respond to these questions as well and then we move on to the final statements of the two candidates. After the final statements, the debate will be closed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 03:14:26 AM »

Senator Ben and former Assemblyman JCL can now deliver their final statements.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 02:02:17 PM »

Thank you Ben and JCL and thanks everyone who asked questions. The debate is over now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies