NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:15:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the 2010 election?
Republicans

Democrats

Neither Party

Both Parties

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: NATIONAL SENATE/HOUSE RESULTS THREAD (LATE RESULTS/POSTMORTEM)  (Read 159905 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 02, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »

+/- 13 seats

Still seems harsh based on the numbers (outside VA) so far, but....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »

Toomey pulled it off. 99% career ACU rating from Pennsylvania will be sweet.

For one term.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »

sho nuff
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

Harry Reid giving his victory speech. Someone teach the man to smile for pete's sake! Whoever got him to smile for his campaign ads deserves an advertising Emmy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:30:40 AM »

Uh, Jefferson still has <1% reporting. It has some strong Republican areas in it. Ditto for Arapahoe, which has only 10% in.

About 1/2 of Jefferson is now in, Bennet slightly ahead, looks to be keeping pace with the early vote in Jefferson.  Very little of Araphoe still in, early vote went to Bennet.

With what is left in Boulder and Denver (and to a lesser extent Adams) considering all of Weld is in and the vast majority of El Paso and Douglas are in, Bennet will win.

If he does win, and I'm pretty cautiously optimistic about it, it will certainly prove that going on the attack and refusing to toe the line of conventional wisdom on social issues can be a benefit to you. Bennet hit Buck hard with accusations of him being an extremist on abortion and wasn't afraid to throw it in his face while debating him.

It's risky. It did backfire on Grayson, after all.

It backfired on Grayson because he conducts himself like a raving lunatic. Bennet is much more restrained in his personality.

dDing ding ding ding! Correct answer!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 01:38:18 AM »

How are you holding up tonight, Badger? Not a good night for us Ohio Dems. Sad

Needing a drink, and resolving myself to go to bed. Knowing Reid, Murray and Bennett all have apparently held on actually exceeds my expectations for the Senate, so I guess that's a silver lining. The House losses are worse then I expected, and seeing even Cordray and Wilson going down sucks, but at least I have that genuine relative success in the Senate to keep me from tossing and turning all night.

Night all.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »

Excuse my rant, but I'm only 17 and I've really never cared about losing a race until now.

It's ok, man. Trust me one gets used to it. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »

The "status quo" hasn't changed in states like OH and PA if one believes the 06 and 08 results were the abberation, and the bad economy didn't aid GOP candidates far out of proportion to their actual political strength. I question that.

Accordingly Republican redistricting monopolies in these and other states will do quite a bit to fundamentally change the "status quo".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies